Stop being Christian

Stop being Christian.

Embrace Satan.

Convince me.

Sorry, I through my fedora away. The greatest intellectuals are exclusively Christian.

They don't know the difference between "through" and "threw" apparently.

Make me bitch

I was using Through in the literary sense. Read Lacan, pleb.

I found his dismissal of Buddhism as really lacking
him calling it "life denialist" really shows he probably only had a limited knowledge of the practice.

Why do weak, white, liberal college students think Buddhism is anything more than a fascist, materialistic ideology for slaves?

Why did he call it life denialist?

>not being Christian

It's like you want to be a pleb.

It was a common belief in the west, up until the 60s, that Buddhism was a kind anti-humanity cult due to a misunderstanding about what self-annihilation means. It's still around today, Zizek claimed Buddhism allows someone to commit genocide because it teaches about the lack of self.

>Why weren't you at black mass last night, user?

How do you respond?

Zizek is right though, the preferred Buddhism-lite infected by Western ideals says that there's no afterlife and that only karma remains.

I don't see how its any of those at all
if anything its the polar opposite of all that.
and most liberals are "Buddhist-lite" not that there are no sincere western Buddhists.
we just lack the same sort of temple community and master-learner relationships here making it more difficult.
he claimed that the pursuit of Nirvana meant a total detachment from the world like some Hindu aesthetic, when in reality the Buddha had nothing but disdain for asceticism and taught that you must love the world and your self, also that dualism was an illusion and disregarding the body to hone the mind achieves nothing.

even the idea of "enlightenment" reaching nirvana, the duty of an enlightened being should be to return and help enlighten others, not to drift aimlessly in nirvana, utterly detached (though there is nothing stopping people from doing that if they wish)

This. White people ruin everything.

but it is an anti-humanity cult

>"[If ordered to] march: tramp, tramp, or shoot: bang, bang. This is the manifestation of the highest Wisdom [of Enlightenment]. The unity of Zen and war of which I speak extends to the farthest reaches of the holy war [now under way]."

>I don't see how its any of those at all
I don't expect you to know much.

"white" people did nothing, a lack of understanding is only due to a lack of interest, or otherwise due to new learners trying to understand these ideas.

we lack the same monastic system in the West to support "eastern" style buddhism, which is why it is so chaotic here.
in al, honesty though I belive that buddhism is much healthier for the mind than Christianity, its shadow in Atheism, or the other Abrahamic faiths.
in America especially I feel a concerned effort to aid teaching and spread of Buddhist ideas would reach millions of people who have these thoughts on the tip of their tongue already

>the Buddha had nothing but disdain for asceticism and taught that you must love the world and your self

Holy shit, please fucking stop

explain where I'm wrong here then

Stop defending white cultural imperialism, /pol/turd

No just stop, shut up

Buddhism came into the western consciousness because it was actively introduced, by Tibetan monks after its conquest by China, and due to interest in Japan after WWII

Why do idiots always ask this?

I don't think it would necessarily improve anything. Myanmar is majority buddhist and is full of violence and corruption.

no
I hear people moan and groan all the time, usually Christians or deluded right wingers who think that if it didn't come out of Europe its automaticity trash.

I've read on Buddhism for years now and I've seen absolutely nothing to define it as some materialist death cult, especially compared to Christianity or Islam.
as for warrior traditions I don't see how that in any way is some dastardly thing

there will always be violence and corruption regardless, utopian visions achieve nothing.
I think in so far as spiritual and mental health is concerned it would go a long way in America.

Nice strawman.

WE WUZ INDIAN PRINCES AND SHEEEIT

Probably one of the more lame attempts at bait I've seen.

upset as usual and no responses
if idiots are going to reply as least be fruitful

being from a noble background, Siddhartha was acquainted with the prospect of "godhood" and all the joys the material world could provide.

because he knew the pleasures of God he was able to move past them and past the desire for authority.
a person who has never known anything but the life of the poor peasant always desires to become God and that ambition often consumes them.

I hate black people

>Dhammapada - Chapter 5(Verse 70) : Even though, month after month, the fool (living in austerity) takes his food sparingly with the tip of a grass blade, he is not worth even one-sixteenth part of those who have comprehended the Truth (i.e., the ariyas).
The Buddha taught against asceticism for the sake of asceticism, one of the classic stories is how he became an ascetic living on a few grains of rice a day but realised it didn't bring any wisdom.

SHUT YOUR FUCK HOLE
HOLY FUCK

these people are obviously just angry and ignorant.
the responses I get from people when I talk about Buddhism as a westerner are always the same
either attacks on some mythical "hippie Buddhism" which is fairly irrelevant or accusations out of the 1950s of strange evil oriental hocus pocus.
once you read however you realize how deep the ideological parallels run, especially with Greek and Roman philosophies, not to mention their past connections.
frankly I don't see why people still cling to Christianity when they obviously have no faith in it anyway.

being from a noble background, Donald Trump was acquainted with the prospect of "godhood" and all the joys the material world could provide.

because he knew the pleasures of God he was able to move past them and past the desire for authority.
a person who has never known anything but the life of the poor peasant always desires to become God and that ambition often consumes them.

>because he knew the pleasures of God he was able to move past them and past the desire for authority.
obviously he was not able to do that though
just because the Buddha was wealthy doesn't mean it didn't take will to abandon his wealth and power.
it also doesn't mean, even after enlightenment that he felt nothing for his family and people. he mentions the heartache he feels as his nation is about to be conquered by another.
Buddhism isn't about complete and utter stoicism/detachment; to become a stone Buddha, but detachment so you can escape samsara and see everything with compassion.

Trump abandoned his business to save America and spread the word of Kek. More selfless than fatty Buddha and a tremendous leader.

at last we see who these shitposters truly are.

Trump didn't abandon his company, and he "sacrificed" to become the most powerful man on the planet, which isn't much of a sacrifice.
when you seek power and to change the world, you will achieve neither ultimately.

now this is a Taoist saying but it still holds relevance;
>The best leaders are those the people hardly know exist.
>The next best is a leader who is loved and praised.
>Next comes the one who is feared.
>The worst one is the leader that is despised.

>If you don't trust the people,
>they will become untrustworthy.

>The best leaders value their words, and use them sparingly.

Your outrage doesn't exactly make you look like the correct person in this argument.

stop seeking control

>>The best leaders are those the people hardly know exist.
>>The next best is a leader who is loved and praised.
>>Next comes the one who is feared.
>>The worst one is the leader that is despised.
>>If you don't trust the people,
>>they will become untrustworthy.
>>The best leaders value their words, and use them sparingly.
What a load of wank

Why?

not at all
the leader who feels the need to boast and let everyone know that he is the boss, does so only because he lacks true power and feels inadequate.

a ruler who is loved is good, but love can turn to hate quickly.
a ruler who is invisible cannot be loved or hated and therefore can remain above the petty squabbling.
moreso a ruler is only invisible when he does his job well, a ruler who is lousy leaves tracks everywhere.

Trump is a bad ruler
but our democracy promotes bad rulers by its nature.

oooooo look at me and my sage like wizDUMB XD le why le master goes sparingly into the night to let out his le opponent masterful dynamic bows hands bangs the big cymbal boom shimadee china jingle ensues thats the way she blows!!!

In context it was probably a supple and sweet thought, but humans have copied and pasted the pretenses of these characters 9000+1 times and hold paper thin to describing reality. Now I'm more inclined to the nice Taoist talking about politics than most but every one should get some heat

I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT
FUCK BOY SHOULD BE QUIET

the truth makes people angry

Buddhism is the natural end of all info-European thought
You can see in the Greek writings before their society imploded they we're reaching ideas similar to those in India. And latter works like "meditations" are incredibly close to "western" Buddhism, just minus the meditation and honing of the body.

We get it, reddit, you're upset that "Flompf", or whatever childish name you've given to Trump, is the president. I know, how dare a cis white dude be president in the current year. But your love of invisible, Jewish leaders has gotten us into all the wars and legislature you oppose with your limp wrists and genital hats. Why do you think an invisible Jewish leadership is good for America, as opposed to a selfless leader like Trump who put himself on the line to combat our unseen government. Are you really so dim?

stop filling bowls

I just find it silly how people here have become so cult like surrounding him and have to bring him up all the time.
It's bad news.
I don't like him but I'm not American so it's not really my issue.
On the other hand he's made me some nice cash so I can't complain too much.

I don't care if you don't like him, reddit, nobody cares what you think.
You know who else has a cult around him? Buddha.