Well?

Well?

Who's strongest betweeh Hulk and the Thing?

Inherent Vice
The Hulk

Hulk obv

The thing could assimilate the hulk easy tho? so it's the hulk vs the hulk right?

ive gone through the crying of lot 49 and inherent vice, where do i go from here pynchon-wise?
i don't want to just jump into GR.
Im thinking V. or Bleeding Edge.

Bleeding Edge

thoughts on Inherent Vice?

really good ride through the late 60s. each scene is interesting on its own but I had a hard time understanding the overall plot, which i dont think you're entirely supposed to get. it's like being on a drug-trip trying to piece together a conspiracy with a bunch of different characters coming and going throughout.

There is a part in IV where Doc trips on LSD and realises he is from another wacky dimension and he got sent to earth but he has a higher density because he's from the past so he breaks walls etc, etc.

Aside from the LSD trip being really funny all I could think was
>this part is like a Vonnegut novel but way better

>which i dont think you're entirely supposed to get.

worst thing to say about pynchon

read it carefully, you lazy fuck

The plot does make sense but you'll have to read it again or watch the movie before you understand it completely

Also, does anyone know who kidnapped Mickey Wolfman the first time just before they tried to whack him in the pussy eatin' place? I forgot.

I didn't really have a problem understanding it, made pretty good sense I thought. There is some ambiguity to certain aspects, but most was easy to get by the end. And there is none of that "I'm reading the words but I don't know what's happening" that GR and some others have.

I agree about the scenes each being interesting though. There wasn't a single part where I was bored or wishing something else was happening.
Very fun book, would encourage others to read it.

The answer is Mason & Dixon.

How does Mason & Dixon compare to Gravity's Rainbow in the >"I'm reading the words but I don't know what's happening" aspect?

>does anyone know who kidnapped Mickey Wolfman the first time just before they tried to whack him in the pussy eatin' place?

go away, little hippy, stop asking questions

Not him but Mason & Dixon is pretty straight forward. You get used to the language quick. GR is by far his most difficult.

The countershot with doc in a corner half in the shadows is my second fav of the movie

Ah, found it

Bleeding Edge, though that might be because it's the only one I got on release day

I can't get into Mason & Dixon, the language is too much for me

Gravity's rainbow should be fine. Was my second book by him and going to read V next.

If you want to be "prepared" for GR then V is a good place to start.

But if you don't want to read an entire book, then just go over two of his short stories Entropy and The Secret Integration and you should be set.

Bleeding Edge is comfy because we grew up during that era

>we

but is it better though?

bleeding edge

Vineland.

I've read every Pynchon novel except GR and V. and I don't have any intention to read them either because they're just going to be formalist efforts of showing off muh elite postmodern skill. That shit is le boring, and if either of them are anything like TCoL49, I'm not missing out

Inherent edge

Bleeding Edge. Inherent Vice just felt like a copy of the most superficial aspects of his own style, and Bleeding Edge moves beyond that into newer territory where he isn't bound by that. It's also funnier.

Gravity's Rainbow is nothing like Lot 49, V is a little bit more similar, but less postmodern stylistically.

Wyatt Earp's mug with moustache holder that turned out to be real made me laugh. Pynch is a funny dude.

did it """pynch""" your funny bone? yuk

You read Against the Day and Mason & Dixon, but not V. and Gravity's Rainbow?
You have no reason to lie, but I still don't believe you.

wrong thing

It depends.

If your problem with GR is parsing the text itself and handling references in a way that makes sense to you, then you'll not have an easier time with M&D.

However, if your problem with GR is the terror it relishes and velocity with which it moves, then you'll probably like M&D more. A lot of people complain about how Pynch uses characters, especially in GR. That they are abstractions for structural concepts and possess no human identity and the like. I don't find that to be the case at all but I can see how that is a case some could make.

>wuz

I read M&D because I like frontier american history and it was during a period that it was getting memed around here a lot. I read AtD because the plot synopsis sounded really cool and I was told it read like a combination of a western, spy thriller, and adventure novel, which it does of course. I didn't read GR because I feel like I know too much about it already, and I've been told by others that have read V. that it's weak and stylistically pomo for the sake of pomo

You're missing out. 'V.' is wonderful. I like it more than 'GR'

If you liked 'Mason & Dixon' because of the setting, and old school english, and want a funnier, more "rollicking" version, may I recommend 'The Sot-Weed Factor' by Barth. It's one of the funniest novels I've ever read, and liking M&D is a sign you'll love it

>pynchon

Please PLEASE be b8

I've been meaning to check it out, thanks user

>that it's weak and stylistically pomo for the sake of pomo

this is so wrong on so many levels

Why do you let idiots decide for you?

because I have too many other books to read. I was on the fence so a friend's opinion is as good as a coin toss to me

we got a problem?