How are there still people that believe the Earth is flat in modern society? Anyone who believes it...

How are there still people that believe the Earth is flat in modern society? Anyone who believes it, please explain yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRnQuJTLt5o
youtu.be/sf4zMyAB_64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are two kinds of flat earters. Trolls, and schizophrenics.

They are convinced GPS satellites are super glued to the bottom part of heaven, I guess.

Nah, they say are operated with phone towers or some other shit. Literally any point of evidence against it has never been experienced by them, and so they put it to big government. They also invent physics where it suits them without proving the new mechanics exist; apparently light refracts in a way that makes ships sink into the horizon and makes the sun disappear.

Is their theory at least consistent with regular, everyday refraction through glass and water?

They even have live shows, fml:
youtube.com/watch?v=wRnQuJTLt5o

You left out a third, Religious nuts who take references like "ends of the earth" in holy texts as literal statements.

contrarianism

They believe airlines are religious organizations that waste huge amounts of fuel by flying along curved paths just to conform to a lie.

Nope. It is a very convenient curving that causes light to bend upwards (causing the 'illusion' of a spherical earth). Proper refraction in a gradually changing medium will only ever cause light to bend towards an angle that is exactly flat; never reversing direction in the axis perpendicular to the gradient. The only time light is capable of bending backwards is in total internal reflection, which requires a boundary layer, and doesn't result in a gradual bow upwards.

They actually have quite elaborate faux scientific explanations for everything. It would be impressive as a work of satire.

It is an Illuminati psyop most of those that promote it are Illuminati shills, the people, that believe either know a little about the reality of this world and now question everything, which is smart in itself, however they are not educated enough to do experiments or math to prove this for themselves so they believe the shill video "evidence" and the others that believe it without knowing what the Illuminati are doing are just uneducated period. It is no where as big a belief as the shills try to present it as, which is what shills do. Same with communism, they fund antifa and all these other cultural Marxist groups, then shill on social media all day trying to make it look like there is a global communist movement when in fact it is just all Jews probably in Israel.

Vs lbh unir qrpbqrq guvf zrffntr, pbatenghyngvbaf, lbh ner gur zna V nz ybbxvat sbe, fraq na rznvy gb juvgrung sbhegrra avargl avar ng tznvy qbg pbz naq tb gb gur sbyybjvat pbbeqvangrf: fvkgl gjb qrterrf Abegu, artngvir frira qrterrf Jrfg. Purref naq unccl uhagvat!

they think the stars are CGI... no one answers me when i ask what we worshiped for thousands of years before CGI

Phallic symbols of course :-)

Hahaha good point open lol

Why do you believe the earth is round? Chances are you only believe it is round because that's what you've been told your whole life. I doubt you could actually explain the clear evidence for why we live on a sphere

listen bro
the astronauts are actors
the space is an invention
this is the greatest revelation
so i tell ya
i'm on my way to north pole
the center of the universe
there is a hole
a multiverse portal
and if ur intention is loving
u r goin to enter right there and become inmortal

youtu.be/sf4zMyAB_64

I saw a post a while back that had an illustration of multiple flat earths entrapped in ice.
Ice so tall, thick, and so immense not even flying over it was a possibility.
Could be a good sci-fi novel if someone was to imagine someone travelling beyond one of these huge ice barriers.

Those go in the second kind.

I've been told that and presented with pictures and video, and have enough empirical evidence of gravity for the idea of massive bodies tending to form spheroids makes sense. Oh, and i've seen the horizon. And that's just off the top of my head.