Every action has an equal and opposite reaction...

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. What is the opposite force of the force accellerating the expansion of the universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IcxptIJS7kQ?t=33m
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My crushing depression

Any more guesses?

Other universes, alternatively, the void.

Knock knock, it's the multiverse.

Gravity

>Yfw gravity is the internal force and therefore not technically the opposite reaction but the actual reaction itself.

It is recursing into my exponentiation.

Void itself comes in two flavors.
Hostile and true vacuum.
and
WTF THERES EMPTY SPACE BETWEEN DIMENSIONS AND UNIVERSES.

t.macgyver

/dev/null

It isn't a force, but an expansion in space.
If you want to liken it to gravity, it would be the repulsion of some matter to all other matter.
An example of the reaction force:
the reaction to a table being pulled upon by the Earth's gravity is the earth being pulled by the table's gravity (doesn't matter if it is in orbit or on the ground).
The reaction force always acts through the same means as the force you are looking at, with identical magnitude in the opposite direction, and on the other object to the one that force you are looking at.

What force does the expansion of the universe act on? I don't think there is one.

youtu.be/IcxptIJS7kQ?t=33m

Expansion in the other direction.

muh dick

If it isnt a force then why is it accellerating?

You are not real -Jim Carrey

A white hole?

It's not a force, it's a property of space. Space expands, that is, two objects in flat space time will become further away from each other over time without either needing to gain momentum relative to the other. It accelerates because as space expands, there becomes more space that in turn expands.

I have also heard on the grapevine, though, that there may potentially be evidence of dark energy (the factor by which space increases with time) itself increasing over time, which would have heavy implications for the eventual fate of the universe.

muh anti desitter space

Inertia

Not a thing.

Close with your analogy of the table, it's like an attraction, but moreso a force that maintains equilibrium with chaos.

Space has no properties, it is not a thing that does something. There is no proof that space or the universe expands either.

Take your meds Ken.

>Not a thing.