How do I dress appropriately in everyday life?

How do I dress appropriately in everyday life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-skg8AXRn0
youtube.com/watch?v=FoGGDKV88Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=EwfQl2LGhwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

did he wear that on his head because tennis players do?

Seriously, what does Veeky Forums wear? I'm curious

why would you care?

i dress in mismatching , heavily layered clothes everyday. that, combined with my unkempt hair and penchant for not bathing, makes me look exactly like a homeless guy. i love it. people avoid me and i get to be comfy all day.

Plain sweaters, plain shirts, plain jeans, doc martens.
That's how I do it. I always look the same, and I take pride in it.

You should at least wear pants, shoes, and a shirt. Add clothing if it's too cold for that to be enough

His sister talked about how one time he decided to tie his hair into a samurai knot and ended up looking like a goofy white sumo wrestler.

Dude was legitimately a sperg.

Loafers, slacks, belt, button up shirt with rolled up sleeves.

youtube.com/watch?v=K-skg8AXRn0

youtube.com/watch?v=FoGGDKV88Fg

That's a big bull...

There's a charlie rose segment on youtube with him, jonathan franzen, and another writer i cant remember where he has that hairstyle

I'm 90% sure he said somewhere that he just wore it to keep the sweat out of his eyes

Yeah but he was full of shit and always claimed stuff like that to pretend he was normal

He wasn't pretending it was normal. The guy was pretty consistent in claiming that he was given to disgustingly heavy sweating when he got nervous, which happened a lot because he was a neurotic person. In Japan, having something tied around your head is thought to promote concentration, so it could have something to do with that as well.

Or maybe like fucking everyone else he wanted to make himself look a certain way. So he wore the bandana to play up his regular dude LARPing

>DFW was a weeb

crocs, leather duster, tshirt, yoga pants

He also, according to that movie, started wearing it while at grad school in Arizona, where it's feasible to assume people wear things to combat sweating. Also in the movie he said it keeps him from feeling like his brain was gonna explode. That's what Jason Segel said anyway.

Ok ignatius reilly

Again that's just all excuses to hide any pretentious motivations which are there no matter who you are.
I wear my jacket because it keeps me warm but I wear the one I do because I like the way it changes how people see me

Interesting. I wear a large bejeweled codpiece. out of necessity.

In everyday life? Shorts, flip flops, wife beater.

>everybody is shallow like me: the post

one of those plain green army jackets, with all the big pockets and zippers
black boots
knee high socks
black jeans
grey long sleeve shirt
reversible belt

fuck you im not trying to look edgy its just minimal and simple. My highschool had a dresscode and i developed the look over freshman/sophomore year so id look weird and white enough that only people who knew me talked to me. shits pretty much a part of my identity now

>>everybody is shallow like me

True

What the fuck you just perfectly described my typical outfit like down to the last detail

I have a pic if you do

I only rock Supreme

It doesn't matter.
No matter what you wear, people are going to stare at you. They're going to follow your with their glaring, deep set eyes and their gaping mouths, sneering at you, disgusted with you. They'll haunt you with their unmitigated hatred of you. Every single mislaid fold, every single loose thread. They remember you and when they talk to their friends and family, they'll talk about how filthy, how rancid, how disgusting you are. They'll talk about what a putrid sack of shit you are. You can't escape it. I can't escape it.
help

you first

Okay, you first

Take it to ladies

Not bad! This was me going out to the movies last night

full rick

>2017
>still falling for the rick meme
>not wearing full Michael Mummy already

fashion magazines and duct tape

Something about his 3rd eye, but I can't remember.

I heard it was because of the extra ear.

button down shirts, khakis, loafers or moccasins sans socks, usually some type of jacket

scarves occasionally, usually go untucked and a little bit sloppy looking, but keep the threads nice

>loafers or moccasins sans socks
who hurt you

leather sandals and loincloth, double headed battle axe and naked slave girls

T shirt with state's football team
Brown shoes from the thrift store
Black leather belt
Khaki pants
Blue Egyptian cotton jacket

*vomits*

just be yourself

wore this to my last book club meeting

>headsock
>long sleeve shirt
>vinyl gloves
>jeans
>knee-length socks
>tennis shoes

youtube.com/watch?v=EwfQl2LGhwc

The way she described it he was fairly young and it was like a proper Sumo wrestler bun on the top of his head

this. bapefags btfo

High black socks
Leather shoes
Beige trench coat with pockets stuffed with candy
Literally nothing else

I spotted a Robert Frost poetry book on his shelf.

*tips top-hat*

Black, light down jacket
Slacks
T-shirt
Sneakers

Its a pretty normie dress style tbqh

Oh and I'll wear a hoodie in the spring and fall, and no jacket during the summer.

just wear cargo shorts and a gaming tee

Cheers cunt.

playa, I got some dope ass windbreakers I could turn you on to

Chinos (grey or khaki), t-shirt or button up, sneakerboots (it's winter), black winter jacket. Sometimes beanie or toque.

There are only three things which matter regarding fashion.

1. A good haircut
2. A decent coat/top
3 Shoes fitted for the occasion

Everything else is merely a detail.

>T-shirt (or Button-down) with IZOD sweater, Uni Pullover, or non-faggy black Cardigan
>Khaki pants, loose with brown leather belt
>Desert boots, tan or Sperry's

Jeans and Athletic short shorts occasionally

Not true
>cuffed pants and/or joggers
no

Sweatpants
Sweatshirt

>How do I dress appropriately in everyday life?
fashion is the least form of art. dont give a shit

Cheers faggot.

Dark colored t-shirt. Sometimes wear a button up shirt over it to add something. Slim chinos or jeans. Running sneakers (Adidas). And a watch. I'm not very creative

I used to wear hoodies every day though because I didn't care too much

jeans, sloppy joe sweater, boots, crucifix

Remember when Veeky Forums tried to do a NYC meetup but some autist derailed it by insisting everyone wear a tweed jacket?

People should post some fits with their favorite book. I want to see what patrician taste looks like.

I would attend just for writing material.

>Black, almost skinny but not, jeans from h&m
>Black woolen turtleneck
>all black high vans sk8
>Black woolen coat from h&m that I had found in a second hand shop years ago

Don't you think that all that black is a bit much? You remind me of this girl I used to enjoy carnal knowledge of, she wore the same things more or less.

This.

Leather jacket, t shirt, crisp pants, chunky shoes. Swap for shorts and a sweater in summer.

The price of new clothes really forces you to get your wardrobe down to a science, keep it small and neat.

Me from the distance

No, not really. Obviously I won't be wearing all black during summer. Whatever I'm wearing I try to melt into the crowd so black things are fine with me . There is no ideology behind it or whatever

Black tee, blue jeans. Fuck the fashion police.

>Bailiff
>liquidator
>furniture in the background

Somebody didn't pay debts

Are you a 70 yo retired man?

>Pride
Ur gonna to Hell!!

All black is only acceptable in your teens. It also works if you are really good looking, but then anything goes really.

this is legit hilarious

Every day I wear shorts and a t-shirt because it's hot and humid in NC. I sweat my ass off in those and back when I would wear jeans or pants every day would be Hell. I finally wised up one day and stopped giving a shit. I dress for complete comfort now and I feel better for it.

Amon Tobin is dope desu

Blacks shirts and black pajma pants that are indistinguishable from regular pants but they have an elastic waistband and no zip. With sport shoes or loafers.

Veeky Forums is a dadcore/menswear board

we resent streetwear and goof ninja and all other consumerist, flash in the pan trends

I'd love to dress like that but living in Rio de Janeiro it's out of the question.

get a linen suit?

It will only make me stand out more, here's the thing about Rio: it's most casually and pleb-y dressed place in Brazil. So I have to dress pleb as well to mesh with the crowd.

it didn't stop jobim, get some linens and step up, nigga

>Rio: it's most casually and pleb-y dressed place in Brazil. So I have to dress pleb as well to mesh with the crowd.

I know this feel. It's like this everywhere in the world. If you don't wear sweat pants and moon shoes, blast meme rap on your iphone in public for everyone to hear you're immediately mistrusted and a social outcast.

A-At l-least you have your Veeky Forums brothers, right?

That's not a suit though, but yeah linen is a good choice.

Different guy. Suits are a bit too much imo.

linen is casual. it gets softer every time you wash it. it's ultimate comfy. if you're worried about what people think, just don't iron it.

> caring about the semi-literate masses

I thought we were better than this.

My entire 'look' is based around boots and jackets. Very mid-00's hipster.

Do they not even let you wear your fedora? :'(

only essentials:
5 basic tshirts, 2 sweatshirts, 2 oxford dress shirts, 2 flannels, 1 suit, 1 sport coat,1 pair of blue jeans, 1 pair of khaki chinos, 1 black dress pant, 5 pairs of boxer briefs, 5 pair of black tube socks, 2 pair of black dress socks, 2 pairs of wool socks, 2 ties, 1 golf cap, 1 beanie, 1 pair of black fleece gloves, 1 black fleece scarf, 1 parka, 1 fleece jacket, 1 windbreaker/raincoat, 1 pair of white tennis shoes, 1 pair of brown leather chukkas, 1 pair of snow boots, 1 pair of black trainers, 1 pair of black leather loafers, 1 brown leather belt, 1 black leather belt. Everything basic colors, earth tones, black white and grey, and navy, some dark reds. Everything high quality. Never buy clothes unless something needs replacement. Mostly just the tshirts when the pitstains get bad. I intend to die with the clothes I own now, nothing more. Over time if I find something isn't used to its fullest ill donate it. I disdain fashion, trends, branding, consumerism in general, and anything impractical. This is the last you will hear from me.

yeah he was always sweating. apparently before the bandana he would carry around a tennis racket and gym bag to explain his sweaty appearance.

>I disdain fashion
>dresses like a gq coverboy

> muh fedora

Spotted the supreme wearing, brand-addicted teenager.

I prefer straw hats.

> he seeks validation from the integrated spectacle by dressing according to popular trends to fill the empty void that is his life

rn i'm wearing a t shirt that says niagra falls on it which is around 10 years old and still fits me, skinny-ish blue jeans, stan smiths and a pair of tortoise shell glasses