Medical Tourism: Stem Cell Edition

Good evening, anons! user here.

Here's my story:
>>be me
>>rupture ACL with multiple meniscus tears
>>REALLY rupture it; initial tibiae displacement, joint instability, random displacement under load, complete inability to perform quick cutting motion
>>forgo surgery to searching for alternative treatment
>>repeat displacement episodes
>>obsess over stem cell regeneration
>>spend countless hours over months researching adult aspirated stem cells/ orthopedic efficacy of scaffolding with growth factors, etc.
>> realize Bush Jr. and Evangelical Christians ensured I would be ten years and several breakthroughs too early with Europe/ Canada just coming around to what would be required
>>begrudgingly undergo archaic patellar autograph and double partial meniscetomy banking on current human trials of scaffolded meniscus stem cell replacement being available off the shelf before early onset of osteoarthritis
>>feelsbadman.rar

Anyone care to share knee surgery stories?
Do any of you Eurofriends have personal experience with aspirated adult mesochimal stem cells?
Cheers!

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.cumc.columbia.edu/blog/2014/12/10/3d-printed-meniscus/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0142961209013829
scientificamerican.com/article/three-biotech-solutions-for-knee-repair/
ipscell.com/2015/02/stemcelltreatmentcost/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4300930/
simpleorganiclife.org/breakthrough-in-the-medical-world-spain-finds-effective-cure-for-hiv-1796301715.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't have knee surgery stories.

I have back and appendix surgery stories, though, if they're allowed.

Here's some articles on 3D printed stemcell applications in the meniscus of animal models and costs of non-FDA approved stemcell procedures in the USA;

newsroom.cumc.columbia.edu/blog/2014/12/10/3d-printed-meniscus/

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0142961209013829

scientificamerican.com/article/three-biotech-solutions-for-knee-repair/

ipscell.com/2015/02/stemcelltreatmentcost/

What sort of back surgery? I also had an apendectomy. Can't see why someone would grow vestigial organs, but stemcells have proven useful in spinal surgery/ nerve damage, etc.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4300930/

P.s. sorry for phone posting. I had my surgery less than a week ago and am currently laid up and high as a kite on pain meds.

My leg looks like a bloated tropical fish. Can't help, but feel as if this could have been avoided if the US would lift the total ban on aspirated stem cell research. I understand the ethical issues behind blender abortions, but fetal item cells are outlawed everywhere as it is. I am thinking of ordering the cell propagation kit offline and guinea pigging my ailing knee.

>be me
Cuz you are other people when youre not you?

Every time I scroll past this thread on the catalog and see it out of the corner of my eye, I think the image is of some chick in a sports bra.

I had a herniated disc at L4-L5.

The doctors believe that I got it following a 25 foot fall when I was ~13, but only became symptomatic around when I was 21 after I had to move all of my siblings into and out of new places.

I lost all of my reflexes in my right leg, but they're back now (apparently that's kind of rare). I have some nerve damage in my foot and definitely some decreased strength and motor function on my right side, but on the bright side not being able to feel stubbed toes is kind of great.

>play vidya
>be doomguy
>read book
>be Harry Weldon
>watch anime
>be high school magical girl
State of being is up to you user.

So you had surgery to correct the disc, but your partial paralysis healed spontaneously?

Nerve damage and degenerative situations are perfect for stem cell treatment.
Ultimately what I want to know is if it's worth the travel and pricetag.

Hahahaha why would we ever fund that when we can fund prophylactic HIV drug #846703 and send more money to africa?

Brain transplant into a clone?
Stemcell immunotherapy has already been used to effectively cure HIV.

simpleorganiclife.org/breakthrough-in-the-medical-world-spain-finds-effective-cure-for-hiv-1796301715.html

I never knew stemcells could make your knee turn blue

Europe also limits itself in stem cell research because they care too much about lab animals.

Now with induced stem cells being a thing the US will get ahead since there is no need for embryonic stem cells.

I-I found that if I stare just to the left or right of the image in the catalog, I can fap to it. I just can't look directly at it.

Isn't Samumed looking into something like that?

Sure are. It looks like they're going both ways with orthopedic and stuff like colligen replacement and hair loss.

most of the shady stem cell therapies people have access to are really just a quick and direct way to give yourself horrible metastatic cancer

For this reason, I'm amazed anybody would think getting stemcells injected intravenously would be a good idea.

What about just normal centrifuged bone marrow?

Step dad is a long time orthopedic doc and I had a conversation with him about it the other day....It's garbage and doesn't do shit is the consensus in the field