>First test today, worth 30% of grade
>Forget calculator
>No biggie, shouldn't need it too much
>Receive test, 4/7 questions require heavy calculator use
>There will be no curve
>Could cause me to lose several thousand dollar scholarship
Tfw an elective costs you $32,000

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=While I was taking geology at uni we, people from the department, would often go out for drinks at the end of the day. One of my peers brought along her roommate who was hospitality management or nutrition or some other such major. She starts going on and on about the healing properties and the different auras of various natural crystals. She won't shut up about it, she thinks since we are all geo people this will get our dicks harder than corundum.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No sympathy for you. Enjoy being broke, brainlet.

While I was taking geology at uni we, people from the department, would often go out for drinks at the end of the day. One of my peers brought along her roommate who was hospitality management or nutrition or some other such major. She starts going on and on about the healing properties and the different auras of various natural crystals. She won't shut up about it, she thinks since we are all geo people this will get our dicks harder than corundum.

Everyone is just letting it happen, but I had never met this girl before, so I guess I didn't know the drill. She pulls out this necklace calls it "Blue Sandstone", starts telling us about how it must have formed in some mineral rich location and after eons in the ground it absorbed so much energy that now it radiates it out and keeps her grounded. Isn't it amazing how something natural can be so beautiful, look how it sparkles and shines it reflects from all angles just like someone who is grounded should. I wish more people would embrace the power of natural gemstones....like you all do.

I can't take it, so I just tell her straight up, that it's glass, normal man-made glass. She is probably older than that hunk of garbage silica, in fact I'm pretty sure it is a Venetian method from centuries ago to sell waste glass. It has no crystal habit, it has no natural energy, it does less to keep you grounded than the beer glass in my hand (at least that has beer in it).

She got pretty pissed. I don't get it are we just supposed to let people be wrong?

>someone says something incorrect
>better turn into a complete sperg and abandon all social ques!

What kind of calc 3 test requires a calculator? What would you even need it for?

Why not borrow one? Ask the teacher or something you retard

Oh, so that's why people don't like me.....
B-but if someone corrects me I'm glad that I'm not misinformed.

No calculus 3 course should ever require the use of a calculator. You're lying.

>implying you'd sit there and listen to some crazy crystal bitch talk shit about your field

>i just fully challenged someone's likely deep held opinions when i don't even know them
>wtf why are they mad???? they should be THANKING me for correcting them

I remember in calc III the professor asked us to vote on whether or not to use a calculator.

I had, through "research" collected some of his older tests and they where pretty easy and as long as you knew the basic angles you'd be fine.

This test was fucking crazy hard mode and all the cunts dropped anyways. Fucking morons.

Anyways.....

A calculator is not the reason you did that bad, if you weren't a dipshit you'd just leave your answers calculator ready and would likely receive full credit or only a minor loss.

calculators in calc 3 just make it easier

I don't see what would require a calculator? Gradients? lol

doing line integrals not covered by green's theorem that aren't closed and conservative

finding equation of a line connecting a plane and a point, or any transposition of 2 given pieces of data and 1 unknown (using custom functions)

rotating a graph and then integrating over some stupid bound, and then having to convert that stupid bound to another metric and making sure you don't accidentally double or half a bound

those sound trivial to me

doesn't really require a calculator
just makes it easier

Seems pretty advanced for a first test

ever hear of a side conversation before?

yeah I'll give you that, wouldn't wanna do it by hand

Nah

you better start believing in side conversations
you're in one

>calc 3
>requires calculator
so everyone knows op is a liar, right?

no one should have brought that retard along. she obviously doesn't have a social life or else she wouldn't be there, and it's shit like what she pulled on you and your buddies is why.

your friends bad decisions don't justify your own

correcting idiots is not a very noble task at all, and taking pride in calling idiots idiots is fruitless. in fact, all you do is distance your own opinions from them.
you can only lose when you act like a dick to someone you don't even know in front of your friends

My thoughts exactly going into it

>Ask your teacher for x
Spot the middle schooler

I wish I was man. I wish I was

newfags gtfo

>warosu.org/sci/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=While I was taking geology at uni we, people from the department, would often go out for drinks at the end of the day. One of my peers brought along her roommate who was hospitality management or nutrition or some other such major. She starts going on and on about the healing properties and the different auras of various natural crystals. She won't shut up about it, she thinks since we are all geo people this will get our dicks harder than corundum.
>ha you didn't recognize a copypasta posted only 5 times ever
>this means you're a newfag

>this has only been posted 5 times
>which means i've seen almost every iteration get posted
im ruining my life on this brainlet discord

LOL just got a 105% on my first calc 3 exam it's easy as shit. It was literally just vectors and planes. Our teacher let us use a page of formulas and notes, and one problem on the test was literally just to find the equation a sphere. Classes aren't hard, teachers are. Find an easy teacher and you are set.

>engineering maths 1 course
>easy stuff, mostly highschool repetion
>Suddenly homework where I have to scourge answer from someones pro-grad/masters thesis work
Jesus christ, this is going to get rough,aint it

An applied problem? Quickly dealing with fractions, pi, e, or whatever form the function is in.

You handled this very well, specially in the days we're living it..., with an abnormal amount of scientific iliteracy and the embrace of the masses towards ludicrous creeds. Correct them, correct them every time or the ignorance will spread like a plague among the plebs. In a short time ignorants will start ruling the world because democracy favors those who are fool. Is up to us, citizens of the world, to educate the plebs and insure the establishment of a new world order, keeping mankind safe.

>wake up
>4pm
>igottaphysicsexamin30mins.OASIS
>run all the way to test facility
>open calculator
>dead battery stays on for 10 secs at a time
>look around
>forgot to make equation sheet
>get handed exam
>finish far ahead of everyone else
>get a 90%

tfw college is costing me $25,000 a year

>be me years ago
>forget calculator in some final year university exam
>tell the supervisor
>they call the lecturer
>lecturer rushes down with a calculator for me to use

God it feels to be white.

I tried but as a freshman upperclassmen were able to register long before I was and they filled up the classes with better professors. Mine has a 2 on rate my professors

name one part of calc 3 that you cant do without a calculator, brainlet

>are we supposed to just let people be wrong?
I've never understood why people get so upset when you correct them. Which would you rather have, a lifetime of lies or a lifetime of "Oh really? I must have been told wrong"? One is far better than the other.

>didn't like maths at all in highschool but loved science
>got C in GCSE maths so I didn't have to retake it at sixth form
>want to go onto A-level biology
"can't do it without a B or higher sorry user"
Even though I got A* in my science exams, the coursework dragged me down to a B
>now all the Uni courses I'm interested in doing require a A-level in biology or chemistry
>As such I now have to do a fucking foundation course, (all those who ain't britbongs it basically means I end up doing 4 years at Uni getting spooned basic highschool Biology for a year)