FALCON HEAVY

Is it really, truly, finally going to fly just over a month from now?

No

It would be extremely painful.

Yes. It's planned for November.

If it's successful and all 27 engines work and they land all 3 of the rockets than this is going to be a game changer.

Spacex stands no chance, NASA and its SLS are going to eat it alive.

Capitalism has no place in space and there's no way private endeavor would ever succeed.

>Spacex stands no chance, NASA and its SLS are going to eat it alive.
>Capitalism has no place in space and there's no way private endeavor would ever succeed.

Nice bait.

>NASA and its SLS are going to eat it alive.
I'm sure they would, they must be hungry after those budget cuts.

burn.

>all 27 engines work and they land all 3 of the rockets

nah... maybe next year

Trips and it blows up.

I live next to VAFB. It truly is a beauty to watch.

the SLS costs $1 billion per launch for 20 additional tons over the FH it's literally stupid to use it for anything besides sending big probes to the outer planets

its getting delayed because of some other shit, it will probably launch early 2019 at this rate

It'll never launch.

Pity you are on the wrong coast.

SLS has no manifest. Right now they have nowhere to send it. They will have a more limited supply of launches available than SpaceX. It'll cost more. They might not be commercially available.

It'll look nice when they put one up outside the KSP though.

wow look at this combo. this thread has ze force

koreasat 5a is gonna be at 39a in October, so no. If you add up the downtime to convert it it'll be early '18

>SLS
NASA shills please go

For ULA

I don't see how a $90m/launch, 8t to LEO system and a $500m/launch, 70t to LEO system even play in the same league.

I stand corrected, it's 8t to GTO and 63t to LEO, at which point the Falcon utterly outcompetes the SLS, and the SLS will only be good for its interplanetary capabilities anymore.

it is stupid to use SLS even for big deep space probes

distributed launch FTW