DOPAMINE / MAO B INHIBITION. HELP

What happens if I take a MAO-B inhibitor and then take Adderall? Does this mean that the extra dopamine Adderall releases, won't be able to leave my synapses until the MAO-B inhibition stops working?

Or would the Adderall still have it's original half life?

HALP

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693914/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your brain ain't fallout

Oh? A wise guy, uh? Look, I'm tracing you right now, pal. We'll see how smart you feel with international security all over your fricking ass. Dickhead!
-

Now answer the question.

why do druggies have such a piss poor understanding of how the brain (which they insist on screwing up) works?

I don’t understand how this comment is constructive, or encourages the reader to think more deeply about anything. It appears to me that this comment’s only purpose is to display the cleverness of the author. Unfortunately, despite the collective efforts of the commentariate, we do get infiltration from those who are apparently determined to give the impression that they are incapable of parsing an entire piece of writing and reading it as a whole.
As has been previously noted (regular readers will be aware) we (that’s the “Royal we” — fellow commenters, occasional contributors such as myself and the moderator team) are engaged in an ongoing attempt to keep the quality of comments at its former impeccably high standard. Sadly, this is more of an effort than it should be.
And as a scientist, it is rather tiresome having to try to explain to the occasional numpty who happens across a post basic reading comprehension skills, how to follow an argument when it is constructed long-form and the ability to master data interpretation.
And I’ve just caught up on all the subsequent comments on this page. All the other commenters have managed to make coherent and intelligible contributions that furthered my understanding or gave me something to think about, because they took the trouble to type more than a single sentence. I don’t agree with everything that’s been said in other comments. Quite the opposite in a couple of cases. But at least I understand what was expressed and the intention behind it.

I see, so you don't know the answer? Is that it?

>Look at me guys, I am smart!

Congratulations on decrypting basic socio-lingual functions, Asparragus. How about you answer my question now?

socio-lingual functions are encrypted? i thought functions were responsible for encrypting, not encrypted themselves. in any case, what are we talking here? SHA-256?

Are you a medfag?

no but i'm capable of giving reasonably good diagnoses

I don't need a diagnoses, I need to know if taking a MAO-B inhibitor would increase the half life of Aderall, or any other dopamine increasing compound, as it inhibits the breakdown of dopamine, or at least greatly slows it down.
-

you're just going to go maniac or fall in psychosis with that much dopamine in your brain, never mix MAOS with serotonin / dopamine releasers

I already have, and I have neither gone manic or experienced psychosis. Great job not answering my question, by the way. Plus, MAO-B inhibitors have no affinity for Serotonin receptors, so I could SSRI with no problem.

Not that I would want to, SSRI are disgusting.

oh sorry thought you were talking about monoamine oxidase inhibitor my bad

i'll give you a diagnosis anyways
you're a retarded child
"-"

Watch out, I have tard strength.

>12 replies
>Still no one can say ''Yes'' or ''No''.
Are there no Medfags around?

Name and Sauce?

Don't know, don't know.

Or I might, and I won't give it out until you ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION

>Adderall increases dopamine release.
>MAOI-B decreases the rate of which dopamine is broken down.

Very tough concept mate.

You must understand, I am a mere high school drop out who has clearly suspected the simple concept, but wanted the word of people who have actually studied this, because I am humble enough to admit I don't know jackshit.
What's with this board, full of pretentious assholes? Holy shit. It's literally a Yes or No question.

if anyone is being pretentious it's you. you're trying way too hard in this thread.
the reason we're giving you a hard time is the same reason you dropped out, which is the same reason you're worrying about what combo of drugs to take: you're a fucking idiot doing stupid shit, why would we encourage that?

>the reason we're giving you a hard time is the same reason you dropped out

Wrong, that's because I've been moving from cities to countries at least 4 times while growing up.
>why would we encourage that?

Since when is Veeky Forums a morality daddy?

>putting this much effort into responding to a shitpost

Functions are responsible for both encrypting and decrypting wew laddy

The answer is yes. Based on my extensive knowledge about MAO-B and Adderall, and their respective effects on the brain, the answer is a hard yes.

you would probably have a bad time.

the article mentions how suppression of MAO could lead to a depletion of COMT's ability to metabolize dopamine. once both of those primary metabolizers are gone dopamine is increasingly metabolized into possibly neurotoxic compounds and other catecholamines

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693914/

It's pasta you retards

>responding to pasta

hehe

Thank you, chosen ones. You are the light in a realm of shadows and butthurt queers.