If you can solve this you are a genius

I've always hated semantic puzzles like this. Post more puzzles that make you boil on the inside

Other urls found in this thread:

en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/operator_precedence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the answer is 120

Well it's also 5!

Wow, I probably won't believe it!

Factorials faggot

No, the answer is 5!.
Jesus learn how punctuation works.

And that's why the image is wrong.

The image isn't wrong, 5.0 is the same exact thing as 5. and the same exact thing as 5. the 0 has no value. It is to simplify the problem

What.
Sentences end with punctuation that denotes the end of the sentence. This is true whether it ends in a number or not.
If that exclamation mark is supposed to denote factorial then it should have a full stop after it. Because it doesn't that means it is an exclamation mark, not a factorial indicator.

Even if the . in 0.5 is meant to be the end of the sentence, that would not make the answer 5. The only possible correct answers are 120 or 230.
$5 on this being a common core question.

Are you a brainlet? 5 factorial is 120
It's supposed to be a joke

If that's supposed to be a joke, I guess we can't call germans the most unfunny anymore.

it's even ambiguous. just use fucking BIDMAS to get 120.

Which can be written as 5!, or 5 factorial. This problem is a perfect example of why I hate problembait whenever it's posted on here, it's written to be vague and confusing just so it can bait you into accidentally giving a half thought out answer, then labeling you as a brainlet for not immediately catching onto it's bullshit

5 factorial?

>being this triggered
Lol, its okay. I didn't get it at first either.

Actually if you don't get it the first time means you're not a brainlet, since you can filter out the irrelevant information and actually focus on the problem at hand.
If you catch it on the first try you either do a lot of these so you're prepared for gotchas or your brain is wired sudoku-level and you always look for the shallowest answer

>*Last clap*

Like posting a general image disproves the post in any way. And next time rename it so we don't see you screencapped it 6 hours before posting newfriend

en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/operator_precedence
(since 1972)

If you think it's an order of operations issue you didn't get it.

Not the previous guy but I never even noticed that it was a double joke and if you switch the order of operations the result is 5

That's the trap. If you think it's saying the answer's 5 and it did order of operations differently than normal then you fell for the trap and didn't get the factorial joke.

Yeah that ambiguity is precisely why the "joke" works
The purpose is to trigger a first round of besserwissers about precedence, and a second round of meta-besserwissers about factorial making it technicallycorrect.swf

No, I got it at first despite being a math brainlet because I have come across similar things before.
It doesn't excuse you for being an English brainlet.

>no right side of the equation, so it must be nothing
>230 - 220x0.5 = 0
>230 - 110x = 0
>230 = 110x
x = 2.090909...

Let me just plug that into the original equation
>230 - 2202.090909...0.5 = 0

My favorite is subtle variations on the Monty Hall Problem that change the probabilities and knowledge in meaningful ways.

Medic!

That was funny and clever, gg