Alright Veeky Forums so like, which one is it?

Alright Veeky Forums so like, which one is it?
>Multiverse
or
>Simulation

people will give you answers but the truth is that we still don't know.

not both probably something beyond humanitys understanding

UH UH

B-BOTH

multisimulation theory is GOAT
(honestly I'm too much of a brainlet to care either way)

Neither.

I'm still holding put for holograms, personally.

Neither one.

The universe is an infinite 3D space structured via entropic forces to look much like a larger version of galactic filaments, where some areas are expanding (like ours) and other areas are contracting (like areas near the currently observable universe.)

The multi-verse exists within one universe.

everything that can ever happen will happen within one universe, there is no need for multiple

as in everything that can happen does happen in a parallel world? I'm not sure, but is this how imaginary time works?

i wanna guess it's some 4-D shape and that if you travel far enough in some direction you'll return to your origin, giving the illusion of being infinite

I know I don't know nearly enough physics but personally I believe our universe is the result of a 4-D black hole collapsed into 3 dimensional space. Our universe exists as the event horizon of that 4-d black hole which takes the shape of a 4-d sphere.

The question which I know not nearly enough to even ask properly is how does this effect time? If you look at black holes as we know them, the event horizon turns into a sphere and it's theorized they are actually 2 dimensions. As you approach a regular black hole time starts to slow down, and when you reach that event horizon time stops. Our 1 dimensional time becomes 0 dimension as time stops existing in a blackhole. Does that mean all blackholes subtract or compress 1 dimension of space as well as 1 dimension of time? This would mean that where the blackhole that comprises our universe exists would be 4 dimensions of space and 2 dimensions of time. It would have imaginary time where everything that can happen does happen.

What's outside that structure? More structures?

Which one is it?
>Gods
or
>God

The universe is a game that higher beings are playing. There are alternate universes in the form of other saved games.

Simulation of the Multiverse?
Aurora

They're both just pseudoscience

Both? Neither? Every reality that is mathematically possibly is just as "real" as our own, the universe is simply an expression of fundamental mathematical truths.

neither

If the probability of both options are unknown (and they are, it is impossible to ever truly understand whether we live in a simulation or as part of a multiverse), and the outcome doesn't affect our mechanics then the very question can be disregarded

I.e. I could go out with Ann and I'll probably get laid or I could go out with Betty and I'll probably get laid, if I don't know the probabilities of getting laid with any of them then it doesn't matter which one I go out with as long as I understand the mechanics behind getting laid

Same applies to our understanding of maths, physics and the nature of the universe

Clockwork Cage
Terrafirma Fishbowl

And a lot of people dont know this, but there is a secret place to put your weed right here.

Sounds like you didnt get laid...
Thats a bummer.
NASA has herpes

We are living in one possible configuration state of a statistical ensemble used by a research group of hyperdimensional beings doing conformation studies for the binding of possible erectile dysfunction drug targets to 5-D receptors in holographic penises