Professor ignorance thread

So I'm a donut and am finishing up my first week of uni (ee major). And my teacher quickly brought up debroglie and something about the momentum of particles being p=mv which depends on mass so I go up to him at the end of class and ask, and I guess I could've just googled it instead of asking but anyway I asked, "since photons don't have mass do they not have momentum?" Or something like that but less cringy. And he looked me in the eye and said, "photons have mass, particles have mass". Should I drop out of my course? I should've played along and asked how photons travel at c if they have mass but was too flabberghasted at the time

This really happened, he's a pajeet professor. Also I asked him during the class if it's possible for more than one photon can interact with a single electron at a given time (since he was saying that the intensity of light does not mean more energy is released) and he said that it's impossible

What should I do? I mean he's a successful person and he doesn't know any theoretical physics, should I just play along? Anyone else got experiences with professors that give wrong information to students?
Also can someone please explain to me what the fuck a matter wave is physically? I haven't found a sensical explanation yet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WvbvMT-ieTw
youtu.be/Ym6nlwvQZnE
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506623219799.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=kp33ZprO0Ck
youtu.be/QVvXF0VoD-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The amount of energy released by light is based on the frequency of the light, not the intensity. This is the Einstein equation.

Using lasers, one can perform a "double-slit experiment" to shew that light is a wave. Light passes through two slits, and creates an interference pattern on a screen. If light were a particle, one would expect the intensities to just add. In the XIX century this was done using a sodium lamp to create monochromatic light rather than a laser.

The same thing happens with electrons; hence matter can act as a wave as well.

What is "I'm a donut" supposed to mean? Is it supposed to be a literal translation of "Ich bin ein Berliner".

Relativity can ascribe mass to photons (though it has to be a system of more than one photon).

I'm on this stuff now

Does lightning have photons and mass?

It's attracted to mass similar to WiFi signals attracted to devices not spread in every direction

Stars light is attracted to our solar system hub similar to how the suns light is attracted to earth and then our own mass and eyes

Experiments have shewn that electrons have a mass of < 10^-14 eV/c^2. But that doesn't mean that photons can't have a smaller mass.

electron mass
9.10938356×10^-31 kg
=
0.5109989461 MeV/c^2

that's half a million eV/c^2

read a book user

Check this video showing man made lightNing or discharge

I argue that charge and electrons are modern day fairy tales

Don't Mix Electricity And Water!: youtu.be/WvbvMT-ieTw

I know this, however it seems as if that is only because statistically you won't have more than one photon interacting with an electron at a given time yeah? If you had an extremely high intensity light it's possible for an electron to emit energy below the work function right? At least from what I've read, which is why I brought that up

>photons can't have a smaller mass
they are massless you dufus, otherwise they couldn't go at the speed of LIGHT ffs

I use it to say I'm an idiot, it's so if people call me retarded I beat them to it already

I argue that charge is a myth, the way atoms and molecules link together and naturally segregate according to mass size (density)...

Is simply another version of universal attraction (known as gravity)

Gravitational Attraction: youtu.be/Ym6nlwvQZnE

1 min video showing lead balls attracted to each other like magnets (magnetism another myth)

Charge can be positive or negative though and mass can't

I made a webm for this thread, Ill link to it here in case sound doesn't work
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506623219799.webm

So thinking in terms of pressure, electricty moves identical to water filling the void or vaccum

Here's a thought experiement I just made for this thread I tried to use only down to earth and easy to understand terms

"If lead (pb) has such a high density that it creates a large gravitational field of attraction

and

Light and protons have mass, then we could bend light from a lamp by placing lots of dense objects near it on only one side

BUT

Light is first attracted to mass, and then the observer to give an appearance of equal distribution in all directions

So

If we could determine that high density near a lightsource like a lightbulb would diminish the light from a distance, then we could prove both theories correct"

So basically what I'm saying is that electricity, magnetism and gravity are all the same universal attraction created by mass

Also biology, astrology, chemistry and physics are all studying the same universal attraction

It's not that professors are lying because they honestly believe the gibberish themselves.. similar to the media and news casters, it's by retards for retards

All of the equations and years of study is for nothing due to calculators and computers

The first computer and processor used water pressure

>astrology

Electricty is literally a trade secret for billions or trillions worth of industry (which the boomers still have a monopoly on)

Look at this first electric motor, look at it with a fresh set of beliefs
Forget positive and negative charge and even electrons.. what's ACTUALLY going on here?

Electricity was discovered by michael farraday..
By moving a compass needle with two sets of copper wire and magnet on the other end

Conductors are dense af, insulators that don't conduct electricity and loose

The sun and stars are orbiting the galaxy itself yet the whole galaxy is moving toward something called The Great Attractor.. we can't see it because it's on the other side of the galaxy which is blocking the view

I argue that true north is oriented toward the great unknown attractor and it's what attracts the dial on a compass, not poles

I realize this stuff can sound crazy af and out there, this is just some ideas ive been ruminating on for like 2 days worth of mental wanking

Think about if college taught how each individual product was made... it's comical

Here's a video of how a microwave oven works.. and it shows a picture of water molecules, which ill attach

So I argue that becasue there's more mass on the top of the molecule, that creates an appearance of positive charge and an appearance of magnetism

Also heat has plays a huge part in reality similar to universal attraction

And (p=mv) pressure will raise or lower the temperature of a group of atoms or moleculues... which is what makes microwaves work

youtube.com/watch?v=kp33ZprO0Ck

yeah dude all that electromagnetic process architecture and frequency specific circuits with induced voltage response from EM signals thru your shitty cox router totally dont exist
no such thing as magnetism or the magnetic disk that saved your image

since it's all a myth you should be safe to neck yourself

DUDE EVERYTHING IS ONE THING LMAO

>insulators that don't conduct electricity and loose
>what is diamond

>P=mv
>pressure wil raise or lower the temperature of a group of atoms or moleculues
you mean PV=nRT?

thicc

Diamonds are light af relative to gold or enriched silicon

Do you even heat capacity bro

Water has a high heat capcity whereas iron, copper, lead, gold and other conductors have a low one + high density (they're massive)

I've recorded about a 2 hour lecture explaining this stuff, it's not so much explaining as it is me just riffing and slowing creating new conclusions from this universal attraction theory

Even the two smaller hydrogens are near each other, while on top of the oxygen due to their similar masses

Farraday discovers elecricity in 1826 and a woman asks him after the presentation: but why should we care tho?
He replies: "Woman what is the significance of a newborn baby"

Man discovers cells
woman tells him: every living thing is just one thing lmao

Man discovers atomic thoery
Woman asks: but why tho?

jesus christ my point is conduction isn't related to molecular mass you fucking retard

The fluid of air, similar to the fluid of water is a conductor like everything else... but the conductor intensity or degree depends on molar mass and heat capacity

Lightning is simply electric discharge, flowing through either the fluid of air toward another cloud, or the ground to make a circuit

Here's a video of intra-cloud lightning, instead of the type that hits the ground

The video I linked of man made lightning flowing through the fluid of distilled water is near identical to lightning flowing through the fluid of air to another cloud

Diamonds are just fancy glass

It would just mean speed of light is slightly less than the maximum speed.

Photons have relativistic mass. They also have momentum given by h/lambda, where h is plancks constant and lambda is the wavelength. A matter wave is a wave of matter.

Diamond is a crystal made of carbon and glass is an amorphous solid made of silica. Completely different

vitalik

Why did some guy hijack my thread with random shit

>Photons have relativistic mass. They also have momentum given by h/lambda, where h is plancks constant and lambda is the wavelength. A matter wave is a wave of matter.

>it turns out a science or stem degree is worthless

>this is new

Electrons have mass, photons do NOT.
Your professor is shit.
/thread

Veeky Forums University Advanced Masteres in Electrical, Science and Technology Reverse Engineering Degree Plan

We teach you how to make some of the most popular electronic products on the market from scratch and with materials found around the house

Curriculum:

1st semester - Giving away trade industry secrets for about 5,000 a year
-how to make microwave ovens and toaster ovens
-how to make a macro-processor using only water pressure
-how to make a lightbulb
-how to make a microphone
-how to make a speaker
-how to make a television
-how to make a graphing calculator

2nd semester
-how to translate confusion into keywords for google and youtube searches

The basic idea of what I'm saying is that everything is caused by universal massive attraction, it can give an appearance of gravity, magnetism, electricity, charge, biology, chemistry and astronomy

Electrons don't exist any more than santa claus is used to explain how presents just appear

here's a clip of man made lightning current moving though water just like real lightning moving through the air

the best clip though is the graviational attraction video, I think it's what creates molecular bonds due to mass. It can even explain the origin of DNA and life

Using charge and electrons to understand reality is similar to using angels and demons to explain the inner workings of reality

>You can't understand my argument without spend years to understand the complicated words and concepts I use first

Give me a break, that's how i know i'm dealing with a lamp-oil salesman and charlatan.. and I made a point not to use large confusing words that only 1% or less of people will understand

nigger are you so retarded that you think you need to take classes for the basic shit I just said?

are 'electromagnetic' and 'architecture' too technical of terms for you? if your theory is so succinct and revolutionary why don't you publish it? oh yeah, because it has no physical or mathematical basis and is a crock of half-baked pseudo-philosophical horseshit

You're similar to the professor OP was talking about

Brainwashed puppet intellectuals who are easily butthurt and use unprovable concepts only given widespread acceptance through magic trick experiments

I'm not seeking personal attention so I wouldn't publish, just trying to give the ideas the attention and need help sorting out the logic rather than name calling

I argue that earth's rotation axis is in line with the mysterious great attractor that's pulling in the whole galaxy, even the black hole at the galaxy center

And this is what compasses point to as true north

The first compass was created around the beginning of modern time around year 0 and used iron (on the top half of the dial), which is massive and dense af therefore has a strong attraction

nigger your "argument" and "ideas" are retarded shit that you pulled out of your ass from a 1 minuted youtube video

you don't have the basic knowledge to even start writing down anything related to the foundations of the things you're trying to talk about

just look

>earth's rotation axis is in line with the mysterious great attractor that's pulling in the whole galaxy
>charge is a myth, the way atoms and molecules link together and naturally segregate according to mass size (density)...

>my dad's ideas are superior to your dad's ideas

Bitch, my grandpa was Edison and idgaf if your dad is from Nasa's MIT branch at CERN. I am your new dad and those are just grant money generating businesses, they're not trying to teach anyone shit even their own students

Those concepts you quoted are not the foundational ideas but the surface layer. The foundational idea is that electrons are a myth and just like the mainstream concept of elements are different depending on number of protons.. I argue instead that molecules are all different forms of ONLY hydrogen in different combinations of H + (2)H.. this is no more farfetched that the commonly accepted idea of element make up

Most of the time identical mass will attract itself but occasionally a larger mass is thrown into the mix

Pic attached is molecular structure of DNA

As far as earth's rotation axis, consider how the solar system and all other stars in the milky way are slowly but shirly moving toward the black hole at the center

Well the galaxy as a whole is moving toward a larger black hole outside of the galaxy, and I argue that this massive gravitational attraction is what effects the iron dial on a compass

earth's poles shift once every 26,000 years and this is congruent with the fact that earth's wobbling orbit moves in front and behind the traveling sun's path and points our axis in a different direction

I also claim the reason you're attracted to your 500-lb gf is becasue she has a larger gravitational field than your 400-lb mom

I also claim that electricity's simple dynamics are kept hidden as a trade secret similar to cocola's ingredient recipe

>I'm not seeking personal attention so I wouldn't publish, j
I wish you would slap your name on it and try to publish so more people can laugh at you
>just trying to give the ideas the attention
publishing would do this
>need help sorting out the logic
in other words "need someone competent to make my idea for me"
>my grandpa was Edison
my dad's a lawyer and he's gonna sue you!!!

> I argue instead that molecules are all different forms of ONLY hydrogen in different combinations of H + (2)H
mindblower. im sure NO ONE has thought of this before, not even me
>slowly but shirly
i fell for the bait

Just like cpu language is binary 0 and 1 for on and off, symbolized in the power symbol

So is the molecular structure different combinations of a hydrogen (or hydrogen compound) + empty space

>relativistic mass
that is gamma*mass
since mass=0 there is no relativistic mass

Opposites attract is a myth

Even in human and animal society, they naturally segregate according to sameness (race, gender, age, interests) near 100 of 100 times. Occasionally different types collide to create a new compound as in anomalies and divergent species

Poles don't exist, there is simple one side that is more massive, charge is a myth

On a compass the dial points to the black hole in the center of our galaxy plus the massive unidentifiable object outside of our galaxy that it's all moving towards

stfu brainlet and go look up x-ray scattering patterns

You're the pv=nRT not me

I'm claiming heat and pressure are different superficial labels for the same thing in reality.. the same thing that attracts water to fill a void attracts electricity. No charge, no poles, no electrons

Please anymore responses disinclude numbers and formulas if you can't explain it simply enough you don't understand it well enough

> xray crystallography

>String model of amino acids pictured

>Identical to the path types of intracloud lightning

From my previous post
javascript:quote('9197007');

That's just my initial observations tho

Photons have relativistic mass through their momentum. Zero rest mass though.

Because the xrays have mass and therefore momentum... they are apparently evenly attracted to equal parts of the canvas with a slight preference for the center due to the center being closer in distance than the edges

New sub theory is light is the only atom

Because x-rays are simply massivley dense light

So take everything I've said about hydrogen and replace with light atoms as the binary language of reality

Mainstream scientific ideas of protons and electrons, subatomic particles are certainly understood by less than 1% of the population yet everyone accepts them as truth

This is just my 2nd day on these topics because I just made random notes with video

The thesis is taking basic af physics gravitational attraction (G force = m/d2) and using it to explain heat pressure electricity magnetics, astronomy, biology and chemistry

youtu.be/QVvXF0VoD-E

t. autist