>tfw Joyce is dead
>tfw DFW is dead

>BolaƱo is dead.

Holy shit I checked and its true!!!!

But I am still Alive

>tfw Montaigne is dead
>tfw Sin-liqe-unninni is dead
>tfw Cervantes is dead
It really hits you harder when you're reading about people struggling with their inevitable death.

And that whole Don Quixote thing, about wanting to become the most famous knight of chivalry who ever lived -- well, he did it.

>tfw Schopenhauer is dead
>tfw Pessoa is dead
>tfw Nietzsche is dead
>tfw Hesse is dead

I cri evrtyem.

Sometimes I actually fear he is dead and that the message won't get around to the public for months after.

>tfw my writings are never gonna "live".

>tfw Lin is alive

>God is still alive. Or is he?

>tfw Dostoyevski is dead
>tfw Kierkegaard is dead

I am alive but I will be dead when my novels become world famous, I have planned it for years and the time is almost ripe to reveal myself. Watch for the initials Q. H

>tfw Homer, Dante and Shakespear actually existed

>1 life available
>you end up being a NEET on Veeky Forums

would post one of those little frogges but I just ran out.

You know what terrifies me?

Becoming successful. Becoming famous. Becoming influential. And then being forgotten, because I wasn't the Shakespeare or Dante, I was the fucking Chapman or Jonson.

Quinton Hortlebee is your name and this is your face.

I sad now

never understood the whole "wanting to be remembered" thing, or the "wanting to go down in history" thing. Why do you care what people think about you when you're dead? You won't. Because you'll be dead.

this.

Hey we still have Llosa

>tfw you're better than literally every dead person by virtue of being alive

we've got this guy atleast

>you're ""better""
citation needed.

ughh.

t. chomsky

dfw TFW is dead

Because it's a way of coping with the fact that I'll be dead.

The other way I do it is by convincing myself that we'll create immortality before I die.

no

Shakespeare and Dante will be forgotten too

Sin-liqe-unninni is not forgotten, even if most people don't know his name.

damn, #profound

>Jesus is alive

rofl nice try dude

Humanity does not have more than 200 years left, then we will all be forgotten.

Why?

Climate change, overpopulation, resource depletion and we were very close to nuclear war a few years after nuclear weapons were invented.
200 years is optimistic. I just hope nothing too bad happens in my lifetime (or until I lose my virginity).

>tfw an absolutely great Shakespeare level and beyond writer that will publish his first book in 2056 and will make you cry and rejoice and learn all sorts of things in such a fantastic, visceral, compelling literary way... can't read at all and is shitting his diapers right now somewhere in some small town in a country other than yours

You underestimate human tenacity

>tfw all great intellectuals are dead
>except me

>Climate change, overpopulation, resource depletion

Stop watching CNN you retard.

>le redpilled /pol/lack

So you think everything's just fine and dandy?

Enjoy your safe space where these concepts cannot disturb you :)

No, but with climate change there's no conclusive evidence that it's caused by humans; overpopulation is a meme to make people stop having kids, only Africa and some places in Asia are overpopulated; 'resource depletion' is too vague, what resources?

>Walt Disney is dead
>Steve Jobs is dead
>Picasso is dead

Holy...

Alumina

Oh, I wanna phone home...

>never understood the whole "wanting to be remembered" thing, or the "wanting to go down in history" thing. Why do you care what people think about you when you're dead? You won't. Because you'll be dead.

It's not really about the pleasure of being remembered, it's that every artist deep down knows that to survive 100-200 years in the collective memory means that you actually did something good.

When people like us (mostly failed artists) say that they want to be remembered, what they really mean is that they want to write something so good that our name won't die out easily. You're confusing the cause with the effect.

Im not him).
Thanks for explaining.

underated

no you're not

t. aristotle

>tfw despite all this God still loves you

>Plato is dead

no he doesn't. I don't pray.

even if you dont, God still does

I'm dead

There is death and there is no death
there is life and there is no life
we are dead and we are not dead
we are alive and we are not alive

T h i s t b q h w y f a m i l i a

I actually had a dream where my estranged mother told me Pynchon had died... it was a whole thing that involved a pseudonym he used, how that name appeared in an obituary. I denied it because I didn't want to think of him as dead.

The whole dream left me rattled.

>implying we don't reincarnate

>tfw OP is still alive

>tfw Plato, Joyce, and DFW will never die thanks to Veeky Forums alone

You will see this in the coming years, if not now

>mozart is dead

thank god the actually are

>Rilke is dead

never liked Picasso anyway

nihilism is a waste and only frustrated teenagers think it's an intelligent philosophy to carry, that's why.

>Diogenes is dead

>tfw you will never behold a man

chicken head, whoa, mind blown

Mnnmmm.

>DFW is dead
>that's a bad thing