ITT: shit books you were memed to read

pic related was easily the shittiest book I have ever read

What books you expected to like turned out to be awful for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Pillars-Sand-Schroer-Kent-C-ebook/dp/B01M0U2S8G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474488339&sr=8-2&keywords=pillars of sand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what didnt you like about it?

probably because he read the pv translation

((((((((((The Idiot))))))))))

I cannot find one thing about this book that is shit, OP.

The themes were way too complicated for my stupid little normie brain

I generally don't like how Dostovesky writes.

>well I have this one page of plot but the contract forces me to write 20 paged chapters
>I'll write five pages about the color of the shoes this random person is wearing
>also five pages about how they felt twenty years ago is definitely important
>and nine pages about muh Christianity
>Contract fulfilled, now I have my money to gamble more

Catch 22
>No plot to speak of
>Nothing notable about the prose
>Is supposed to be a comedy but I haven't laughed once

What's wrong with the pv translation? I've read c&p and brothers karamazov both in this translation.

>fat Chad does nothing of importance

>also five pages about how they felt twenty years ago is definitely important
>and nine pages about muh Christianity
>reading for the plot
You may want to switch to Hungry Caterpillar and YA fiction, champ.

Sorry, but it's so clear that he tries to meet the 20 page requirement when writing about all furniture a room has whenever the protagonist enters it or when he needs two fucking pages to describe something normal people understand in one sentence.
Reading doesn't make fun when you have the feeling that everything is protracting unnecessarily.

>Reading doesn't make fun when you have been fed thrillers an genre fiction for years and have an attentions span of a 5 year old with ADHD

>gets this butthurt when people don't like a certain author

lmao learn2read

>le epic butthurte xD
Less 9gag, maybe then you will get Dosto.

Your behaviour is exactly what can be described as being butthurt.

What authors do you hate?

assuming you didn't finish it, how far in did you get? if you aren't giggling like a maniac during clevinger's trial then it's probably not for you.

Not him, but it's not very hard to get this meme author.

>Jeezus will rescue you all from the degeneracy that is called equal rights and modernism

I'm actually still reading it if you can believe it. I'm on the chaplain's chapter where he sees Yosarian naked on s tree and thinks it's a vision.
>It's funny but not funny ha ha

amazon.com/Pillars-Sand-Schroer-Kent-C-ebook/dp/B01M0U2S8G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474488339&sr=8-2&keywords=pillars of sand

heard it was shit at first, but upon reading not so bad

It's sad you haven't caught onto the humor. It's so funny.

stopped reading after about 3/8" away from the end, seemed like the book wasn't going anywhere and parts repeated himself.

The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey

I mean, I agree with a few things in it, but most of it is either outright crazy "magic spells" or really vague statements that generalize everyone.
I don't know why many people like this book.

It gets way worse after the half way point. The whole plot of the first half just gets solved, and then Heinlein peddles free love, no money, and nudity for the entirety of the second half

delet this

I figured the plot was solved around halfway - 3/4 way in. the more I read there was essentially nothing.

It is one of heinlein's worse works imo.

I didn't get far, maybe 20%. does it get less boring?

Are you talking to me, kid?

>boring

It's not boring to me at all, just carefully and patiently crafted. Also, the more intense parts, especially Settembrini make it worth it anyways, even if you don't like the in-between

Ulysses by Joyce. Definitely the most boring and overrated book I ever had to read

>The human mind is generally far more eager to praise and dispraise than to describe and define. It wants to make every distinction a distinction of value; hence those fatal critics who can never point out the differing quality of two poets without putting them in an order of preference as if they were candidates for a prize.
—C.S. Lewis

I don't know how I managed to make a post in the wrong thread but there's a cs lewis quote for you gentlemen

It's a good quote

It's mostly edge-lords who hate having to go to mass because their parents made them

He rarely wrote about clothing. Almost the entire novel was comprised of animated conversation. I'll admit that he spends time describing the furniture of rooms but that's really not such a bad thing.

Where's the right thread for that quote? I want in on the fun