Hey Veeky Forums what's your economic background? Were you raised middle class where your parents owned their home...

Hey Veeky Forums what's your economic background? Were you raised middle class where your parents owned their home, had 2.3 children and vacations at Disney World?

Or were you like me, trailer trash who moved up and out?

Maybe you were a trust fund kid who went to private school and vacations in Europe?

Or something else? Tell us about it.

Started middle class af and then parents split and through hard work+luck they EACH started making sixfigs so I was vacationing in europe by high school :^)))) now im at uni living off rice and beans

>stay mad poorfig

>personal blogs on an anonymous image posting board

Excuse my OC. Would you like yet another Zizek meme instead?

You talking about your stupid childhood is neither "original" nor is it "content"

Working class but we still went to disneyworld often because a relative worked there and we got free admission. Truly is the greatest place on earth.

Young parents, both drug addicts who cleaned up for stretches of their lives. Divorced when I turned 6. Boyhood was chaotic, sometimes normal working class but often insane and violent. Isolated from extended family until my late-teenage years when helpful, middle-class relatives pulled me out of the chaos. Now living comfy. Tenure-track job in a big city with a wife and kid.

Middle class ascetics. We loved about 20 miles from a town of about 5,000 souls. The house was large, but bland. The rest of the property was converted into a processing plant for the family business; we were oyster farmers.

I remember going out into my father's skiff on early Autumn mornings. The fog was so thick those days, yet somehow he always knew where the channels were. He would teach me things. I wish I remembered what he had said.

Mother worked alongside him, venturing into that bay, though not as often as he had. Her job was more administrative: handling payroll, paying taxes, hiring workers, and ensuring that orders rolled in.

They split when I was about 12. My mother insisted on keeping the business to herself. She worked so many long hours, and therefore I was mostly alone. The fallout of the separation and the geographic isolation shaped me into a natural loner, more content amongst the neighboring forests and beaches than about civilization. I miss it now that I'm in college. I'm forced to stay in a city, and I would prefer not to.

Lived*

I ain't Richie Rich bitch but I'm rich as fuck.

>Maybe you were a trust fund kid who went to private school and vacations in Europe

Yeaha, yeaha, quasi-religious boarding school

Hittin' dem greeks and lats early

If it's any consolation to you proles, im a total fuckup and drug addict and wastrel

Why I'm on Veeky Forums probs

During my childhood and early teen years, we were a middle class family. We could not afford many luxuries, but i´ve never could say that i went through economic hardships or anything, we have what we needed and then some.By the time i was 16, my parents became wealthier, as they got in a better position in their jobs, so of course we started to spend more on many things. But i never consider myself wealthy. There are some attitudes that i despise of rich people i know and i couldn,t identify myself. I´m not materialistic, even with all the money my parents have now (though, because i live in a developing country in South America, it isn´t that much). I only need (aside from the basics) something to read and a decent laptop to work with.

My family was basically aspiring trailer trash. Like it would have been a dream to live in a trailer park.

They were west virginian mountain trash. My dad grew up poor with like to pairs of clothes to share between 8 kids.

He went on to make a lot of money, and my parents actually did make serious dough, but they raised us like we were poor.

rich white kid raised in the most expensive neighbourhood of my 3rd world shithole. never felt like part of my culture and maybe i'll never do. its nothing i can whine about, but -who knows- would have preferred to be brown and middle class.

I think it gives enough.context that we didnt have running water for weeks

really poor.

Welfare tier poor but didn't live that uncomfortably, one parent (other died) didn't go to school after about third grade but taught myself some things so am now at fancy private college on full scholarship.

Doesn't feel so bad. I live pretty comfortably now; thinking back to some stuff just makes me sad though. Hope it's not something I have to return to.

race mix and flush your defective genes down the toilet

I am from a middle-class Jordanian family, my parents are Syriac Orthodox Christians, so I went to a Greek Orthodox private school, which isn't very expensive, but offered a good education, especially when compared to public schools.

>I was raised super poor
>didn't even realize it until like, a year ago
>some convo: "something something, we were middle class, right?"
>mom: lol, fuck no. We poor as fuck.
I don't know, me and my brother always had what we needed, and if we didn't get something, we assumed dad was just not in the mood. Money was never a topic when we were in earshot. But for some reason I have a crippling fear of spending money anyway. Once, I bought a pair of 80$ headphones, so I cried all day and brought them back. Who knows.

Man, you and I are so similar.

When I was child, I often felt really sad when my parents didn't get me what I want, even though we weren't the best financially. When I was in my early teens, I understood how selfish I was and now I'm an adult and I regret it even more.

I also feel very hesitant and feel very bad when I buy stuff, even when I have the money for them. :(