Who is Kantbot exactly?

Other urls found in this thread:

caspermag.com/2017/03/04/nerdy-pursuits-through-history-by-kantbot-2000/
medium.com/@IsaacSimpson/raining-frogs-372315b3cd2d#.iyojg38xg
puzzling.stackexchange.com/questions/2188/two-doors-with-two-guards-one-lies-one-tells-the-truth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Me desu

Ignore this guy. It's me

one lies the other one always says the truth.

a fat fuck eceleb

king of the pseuds

do you think he really reads the material he talks about?

What makes you say that? Insecure?

Now that you've mentioned insecurity, yes; but I asked the question out of curiosity, because I'm not familiar with what he reads so I can't really judge him.

Rotund hebe

study of their wikipedia articles *could* yield a fair enough understanding of the major german idealists to perform their concerns as he does in that video. no one can say for sure how familiar he is with them, but what he says in the video does not *demand* expert knowledge.

slavoj zizek

think about it

The prophet of Thule. and Veeky Forums irl

He's pretty shitty and I don't like how he's appropriating German literature and trying to turn it into a meme or something.

I kinda get the feeling he's trying to act all above it or something and it's a little childish. What does this guy think, he's superior to Kant, Schelling, Lessing, Fichte, Goethe, Schiller, Hegel? I don't see the point of his 'jokes', they're quite immature.

These authors deserve better than this.

>He's pretty shitty and I don't like how he's appropriating German literature and trying to turn it into a meme or something.

Isn't he Jewish? In that RAISE THULE video he looked nebbish as shit.

Interesting...

KANTBOT @KANTBOT10K Mar 1
More
2014: Everyone's a crab
2016: Everyone's a frog
2017: Everyone's a late 18th century German anthropologist or literary critic

But what's the point of this 'humour'?

His alt-right politics too is totally ridiculous given that many of his loved German dichter und denker were jacobins.

What even is the point of this? He has eleven thousand followers on twitter, and it's all just endlessly circulating trash? He really is King of the Pseuds.

It's like a group of children running up to the Berlin Philharmoniker and giggling like crazy because they call each other Beethoven. Where's the content to the joke that it's necessary to be re-using long dead people's photos and names for it?

His twitter is full of this crazy Atlantis spirit-world woo woo nonsense. It's a stupid parody and it's so obvious that this guy knows nothing about German Idealism. Really stupid, because German Idealism is nothing like that.

I wish these idiots would stop endlessly chattering and idolising people they haven't read very well. I know Kantbot took pictures of his German Idealism book collection to show off, but it's not very impressive, I have all those same books too, and at least my spines are a little creased.

I wish people would stop with this twitter narcissism, it's endless exchange of stupidities and little tiny chatbytes to stimulate you with 'memes', totally antithetical to real literature and thought.

I wish this guy would quit twitter and read Goethe or Kant for real or something; else he's just posturing.

Is he a blogger or something?

alt-right hipster

This is pretty funny if you aren't dumb enough to take it seriously: caspermag.com/2017/03/04/nerdy-pursuits-through-history-by-kantbot-2000/

Reminds me a little of John Barth

i suspect he does but he doesn't seem to understand it, at least not very deeply. he makes plenty of jokes about german idealism but none of them involve the substance of the movement, instead the joke seems to be simply "here is some philosophical movement that is obscure to most ordinary people, isn't it quirky that i'm talking about it? isn't it funny to compare trump to 19th century german philosophers?"

his writing, on his blog, is also quite bad, like undergraduate term paper level, so he isn't exactly learning much from what he is reading

God, he's revolting.

So philistine.

>his writing, on his blog, is also quite bad, like undergraduate term paper level, so he isn't exactly learning much from what he is reading

I'm not sure he even reads it given how shit everything he writes is, really childish.

Little fat imp guy will be forever putting on masks of men better than him to pose online as a knowledgeable person. He seems psychologically to be stuck in adolescence.

Any examples of writers/bloggers that are good that you can share?

Someone who can only form a persona for himself by mentioning great other men has to be hiding some kind of pathological insecurity or degenerate jealousy.

That little fat guy is a cosmic narcissist and a total impostor. You can just tell he spends all his time online.

>He seems psychologically to be stuck in adolescence.

basically he is an overzealous nerd who likes to think he is the first person to read goethe and kant, and given his social circle he can skate by on the literary and philosophical ignorance of his peers

sometimes he does post some funny stuff on twitter, i guess

you guys are uptight as fuck

Serious question: the guy I like follow this guy on Twitter. Does that mean he (my crush) is a 4channer or is kantbot known in other circles as well?

Also what more does it say about my man?

Who is dril exactly?

1. Your man is most likely a 4channer.

2. He may know Kantbot through "the dark enlightenment/NRx" look it up

3. Are you a fag or a woman?

No shit. Not everything has to be serious critique. Shitposting can be funny.

It means he's an alt-right blogger, save yourself and go elsewhere or he'll be whispering quotes from Schopenhauer into your ear and while breathing down your neck.

>Kantbot checks the archive for his name for the eleventh time today as per narcissistic 'e-celeb' routine and doesn't like the response he's gotten

kantbot is more well-known on twitter than on Veeky Forums. he is a part of frogtwitter and used to be loosely associated with neoreaction. i'll let you figure out what that means about your man

one of the better twitter accounts, actually pretty funny and insightful at times

>2. He may know Kantbot through "the dark enlightenment/NRx" look it up
interesting, are there further signs for finding out this is it?
woman

>he'll be whispering quotes from Schopenhauer into your ear and while breathing down your neck.
hot af
though he's not an alt righter, just ironically i think

he also has several friends with anime profile pics who live on the other side of the world (i.e. unlikely IRL-friends). i don't understand that either. i've been on Veeky Forums on and off since at least 2008 and has never made a "friend". i didn't think anyone did that - breaking anonymity and all. do people do that or is it more likely he got to know these people elsewhere?

Helps that his origin story doesn't involve Veeky Forums and neoreaction blogs

I wonder if he can read German or if he reads Goethe in translation like a dipshit

this is a comment

This stupid thread is taking up space that could be used for lasagnacat shitposting and I won't have it.

If you want a man who knows his Germans hit me up.

He's a fat American teenage blogger, what do you think?

I read his poetry in German and then attempt my own English translations in the margins, it's incredibly satisfying, since Goethe's German is so damn lyrical.

> do people do that or is it more likely he got to know these people elsewhere?

probably met them through steam or some shit

>hot af
If it doesn't work out with this bloke hmu.
:^)

Post a pic of yourself if you can, thanks.

If you need further signs, look for traits of neo-reactionism, traditionalism, future-tech, nick land, moldbug etc.

What's wrong with translation?

The edition I read was beautiful.

Get a girlfriend faggots

Basing your entire comedic persona around namedropping philosophers is cringey as fuck

i thought men playing video games used to pretend they were manly (the bro-culture)? not use profile pics of little anime girls?
not that "the bro culture" by any means is manly, but you knows, that's what they think. i thought.

Some are really beautiful, totally agree. Most good editions have the English and German side by side and that's the best, that's what I like.

It's just that this guy is totally amateur and he gives off the impression that he knows more than he does, he's your local pub bullshitter and namedropper but instead of a pub it's online.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I completely agree.

>he also has several friends with anime profile pics who live on the other side of the world (i.e. unlikely IRL-friends). i don't understand that either. i've been on Veeky Forums on and off since at least 2008 and has never made a "friend". i didn't think anyone did that - breaking anonymity and all. do people do that or is it more likely he got to know these people elsewhere?
There's no infrastructure on Veeky Forums for that because no one has a profile and no one can DM. Twitter has that.

If he has anime pictures that means he's gay.

I can tell you this for sure, because I'm one of them.

Anime is shit .

>There's no infrastructure on Veeky Forums for that because no one has a profile and no one can DM
yeah thanks for the enlightenment, but emails are possible you know

gay-gay or just anal interested?

No shit Sherlock but who would post their email in this shithole? Its not convenient so people won't do it.

Can we at least keep this off topic thread on topic? No one should care about your fake twitter boyfriend. We're talking about a diferent Twitter user.

More to the point, who wants the average 4channer to constantly email them? I sure don't. I wouldn't trust you fuckers with any of my email addresses.

that's my point
i sure never have, so i'm wondering if someone else would
but then i suppose not

Cross-dressing gay.

I wonder who will be the first to succeed at a synthesis of Weird Twitter and Frog Twitter

I don't go on twitter a lot, so I didn't find out about him until post-ban, but menaquinone4 seemed to have actual insightful frog twitter content. Not literary content, but at least fun twitter content.

Kantbot seems like a pseud.

He's back but set to private.

@menatetrenone

mena is pretty good, but his attempts to marry environmentalism with trump-style conservatism were pretty stupid. his heart seems to be with environmentalism but he is cowed by social pressure into supporting trump. he would be more interesting if he stood up for his convictions

How do you guys keep up with this shit?

Do you have Twitter? How does one who doesn't use Twitter keep up with this dialogue? RSS?

Trump is the most antienvironmentalist President in recent history, how can you 'marry' it with him?

These twitters are run by teenagers.

I'm assuming that he's like an early 20s college student/recent graduate so I'm not going to blame him for having some cognitive dissonance in the beliefs that he tweets

well I follow some leftists on twitter because of Chapo Trap House, and there was controversy about them stealing content from frog twitter so I found this article about it and yeah: medium.com/@IsaacSimpson/raining-frogs-372315b3cd2d#.iyojg38xg

Kantbot deserves to die

Good night alt right! faget

>how can you 'marry' it with him?

the main argument is that limiting immigration into the US is good for the environment because the environmental damage caused by each individual american is so great. so, if those would-be immigrants stayed in their home countries rather than adopting american lifestyles, it would be good for the environment.

there is some truth there but it is a pretty stupid argument overall since gains in standard of living around the world are minimizing the differences more and more over time and, more importantly, environmental damage done by first world countries will be massive even if immigration grinds to a complete halt

obviously clinton would have been awful from an environmental perspective as well, but there is something disingenuous about pretending that trump is some kaczynski acolyte

bernie would have won

Christ that's so stupid!

That's hilarious user. Creative at least.

You fuck up user. Clinton would have done what she could to help the environment, within the neoliberal order (which on the scale of climate change may certainly not be enough). Trump will actively try to destroy merely because he understands that people who like the environment are against him.

maybe so, but someone who idolizes ted kaczynski probably shouldn't be supporting any mainstream candidates

A fat autiste.

Of course he would have.

It's so fucking funny, in a pathetic sort of way, to see how much the Democratic Party fucking hates Bernie for daring to challenge them. They won't even let one of his guys occupy the largely-symbolic position of DNC Chair. The sheer loathing they have for Bernie is incredible.

me desu

show me ur tweets

Well he did help poison the well against Hillary to be fair. not that I give a shit

He didn't do the poisoning, he merely introduced the additive that let everyone taste the poison that was already there. Like how natural gas doesn't actually smell like rotten eggs, the scent is added so a gas leak is easily detectable.

Ah the classic logic problem. . . I just Googled it after reading your post to see what I'd find. I ended up finding this stack exchange page puzzling.stackexchange.com/questions/2188/two-doors-with-two-guards-one-lies-one-tells-the-truth where, the majority of answers are just completely wrong and yet they have tons of upvotes. I'm like legitimately pissed off. A lot of people are bringing in completely irrelevant practical considerations that have nothing to do with logic. In fact, most of the answers have nothing to do with logic, and of the few that do, most of them are incorrect. The worst part of it all is that nobody seems to notice, and all the incorrect answers are lauded as brilliant, and all of the correct answers are actually less popular than the incorrect ones.

I really don't understand why fairly basic logic is so difficult for people to understand.

I think he's just a guy that enjoys literature and wants to live in late 18th/early 19th century Germany (le wrong generation)