Who should replace Melvyn Bragg in "in our time"

Who should replace Melvyn Bragg in "in our time".

He's old, cantankerous, disrespectful to guests, incontinent, his speech is getting slurred.

Time to put the old horse out to pasture.

Who would you replace him with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dWLp7lBomW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If they replace him with Stephen fry I will literally stab my neighbors cat.

You idiot

He needs to push those nerds along, it's the only way

Yeah. But he won't last forever.
You can tell that he's just going through the motions. He's not into it anymore.
Compare IOT episodes from 2007 to now.......

wait...so your tryna tell me... that England is actually a real place??? And they have TV there? I thought it was some made up land for Harry Potter

Joe Rogan

>Harry Potter
Speaking of... Replace him with The JK

>"In our Time"..Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss the history of ideas.
Sincerely nevermind my even attempt at humorless jest. This is alone is better than all american tv, and I am well aware of The Great Kingdoms role in the Great History of The Great Ones of The Human Race

How often does he say; "well... I dont mean to bragg... butt..."?

This would be legitimately good

I would give him a shot. As long as he doesn't try to play it overly jokey; he could probably be an okay time monitor.

I mean that's all the show really needs, a time monitor. Maybe two orientation questions at the beginning and middle, but otherwise just let the panel go round-robin in five-minute blocks.

Preferably someone whose windpipe is wider than a fucking pencil.

Jeremy paxman.
He'd keep those waffling nerds in line

have you guys ever watched civilisation?

they should replace him with the guy from the history of philosophy without any gaps

All I know of Stephen Fry is that he is intelligent, respectful of High Culture, and High Cultured:
youtube.com/watch?v=dWLp7lBomW8

>and High Cultured

He's the definition of middle brow

I think they should replace him with a woman

thats called midcult around here

I'll let you in three secrets trippy

He's bipolar
He's a pederast
The best thing he ever did was Absolute Power

>He's bipolar
who isnt

>It's a "Professionals are just about to go at each other's throats but Melvyn calms it down and moves on" episode

Mark Lawson. He effectively did the equivalent of Braggs IOT job in newsnight review in the early 2000's.

God I miss the golden age of newsnight review. Germaine Greer putting tony parson's in his place as a hack novelist, ekow eshun's weird high pitched, whiny voice and tom paulin hating absolutely every-fucking-thing.

mark lawson has the chops

In Our Time is too shallow. You might as well read a wikipedia article if you aren't really interested.

THERE'S ONLY ONE PERSON WHO SHOULD HOST "IN OUR TIME" OR ANY OTHER SHOW FOR THAT MATTER.

STEP OUTTA MY WAY, KEKOLDS.

This

His mere presence would intimdate the dweebs and make the women squirm in silent lust

There's only so much you can fit in 50 minutes

your grandmother's tits with a sharpie face drawn on

Not shit faggot, but what do you expect? A fucking lit degree is shallow these days.

calm down

I didn't expect anything else. Please stop consuming dumbed down entertainment such as this.

what the fuck

wow its been so long since ive read a reasonable post here

Honestly I'm hoping he'll last until they've got cloning down and we can just go on having Melvyn bully academics on public radio for 45 minutes forever.