Why are normies so obsessed with Elon Musk? They act like he's the savior of mankind...

Why are normies so obsessed with Elon Musk? They act like he's the savior of mankind, the god-emperor of Earth (and Mars). Why is it that they take the bullshit of a little-more-than-average-smart PR as the truth. Do you, and they, really believe he will actually achieve anything? By that, I mean, him personally. He did build a comfy company and he is free to bask in the fruits of what he built. But he should not be praised as the lord of the solar system, when it is actually all the engineers that work for him who design the stuff he wants, and he's just an idea guy and a talented public relations person.

Dude, normies will believe anything that is socially acceptable. I consider the fact that now they are believing businessmen instead of clergymen an improvement. At this rate, maybe in 500 years, normies will finally develop a neuron that can think for itself. Let's cross our fingers though.

BTW, quantum computing too. What the fuck are these fads? The normies don't even understand most of this shit, but they think they do and proceed to defend Musk/quantum computing in the most stupid way possible, further degrading the state of free information.

I hate the "put the word quantum in front of another word and now it's magic" thing that so many people have been into for the past couple of decades, but I don't see why you're putting Elon Musk in that category as something similar. He's pushing for and funding cool shit like a viable privatized space program. That makes him about as much the savior of mankind as anyone else around right now. Don't know why you're expecting him to single-handedly design and build spaceships in his backyard with a hammer or something. Of course he has people working for him. No one person is capable of doing everything required to build a successful reusable rocket. It's not like there's any one particular engineer working for him more deserving of this positive attention than he is. Even the engineers are only contributing their own limited parts to the overall projects.

He's a celebrity that makes headlines. Remember when black science man was making headlines? notice how normalfags don't mention him anymore.

Don't compare Elon to black science guy. Elon's actually making real world things happen. Black science guy just stole Carl Sagan's TV show.

All I'm saying is he doesn't have to be portrayed as wonderman who will save the planet. He's not. He's just a regular businessman who happens to have some revolutionary ideas and a good plan of how to make it happen. Exactly like so many people before him, and they hadn't been named the greatest technological wizard of all time.

Normies use him as a lynchpin for their Dunning-Kruger religion of ¡SCIENCE!, they just wish to feel faux-intellect.

put a battery in an existing car body and an electric motor. ya that was done 100yrs ago. the big screen tv makes it futuristic though

His privatized space program is what matters, not the car thing.

true there is more free bucks making funny space videos than building money losing factories

At least he's trying, unlike NASA who basically said they give up because they don't have enough money.

Do you even know how an electric motor works?

dc, ac, both? no its magic to me buddy. sometttthin to do with scientology and space videos i rekon

So you were never serious and were just pretending to be retarded with this anti-Musk thread? Good to know.

My brother is an engineer at SpaceX. He didn't major in premed like me so we can conclude he's a brainlet failure muskaboo, just like all the other musk apologists in this thread.

That's not me, you braindead fuck.

>when it is actually all the engineers that work for him who design the stuff he wants

The same engineers that worked in NASA, ULA or LM and achieved much less?

The role of CEO is important because he sets the culture of the company. Dfferent culture is the reason why NASA can get away with spending $20 billion on an obsolete rocket to nowhere while SpaceX is making cheap reusable rockets. "all the engineers" wont achieve much without a very clever person to lead them. Musk is that kind of a rare person and deserves credit for it.

>quad quads

Brother confirmed failure

>He's just a regular businessman who happens to have some revolutionary ideas and a good plan of how to make it happen
That's all it takes. And a team of dedicated people helping put the ideas into reality, which he has.

The point is, everyone said it couldn't be done. Everyone said you couldn't land a spent rocket. He did. Everyone said you can't reuse a spent rocket, he did.
Everyone is saying you can't go to Mars, and he's going to do it.

When are you retards going to realize that all of his companies are all connected in his idea to get to Mars and establish a colony there.

The fully electric cars are so that we can get around Mars and not rely on gasoline. The solar panels are so that we can use completely solar energy to power those cars and our homes and everything we need. SpaceX is to get us and that technology there. The hyperloop he's working on is to provide fast transportation across the planet.

Everything he does is for Mars

>all of his companies are all connected in his idea to get to Mars and establish a colony there
That's not any different from saying "his privatized space program is what matters, not the car thing." Everything other than the space program is incidental to the space program.

Something i posted in the other thread about using rockets for transport in earth but i didn't get answer any of you guys shed some light on this thanks.

Furthermore the largest floating crane is like 200m tall and they are all sitting in harbours and are massive monstrosities and theirs very few of them

So how does elon propose to make 106m+ crane (BFR is 106m tall) that sits on the barge in open water that has a rocket launch next to it constantly in major centres in the world?

Like the infrastructure for this shit is going to be a feat in itself. You literally need the crane to get people into the fucking rocket and out of it anywhere you go lol. Theirs no other way and any small maintenace you still need the fucking 106m crane.

I can't imagine how much this is going to cost just to build the barges and cranes knowing your going to have to replace them eventually due to wear and tear from literal rockets launching on/next to them.

Then you have to pay for all ferry boats to ferry everyone out their all equipped with TSA level shit to save time so you can do customs and security on the boat.

The list goes on and on. Elons rocket is 200dB so it will have to be like i dunno a half hour boat ride away from a city.

Ok lets say i'm flying from london to new york and theirs poor weather in new york near arrival time what happens then?

Like he's landing rockets and making reusable rockets he's achieved some shit but people are clapping him on the back like he's some sort of god for doing it when like a few years ago i saw amateurs making rockets and landing them on their flight pad again. This isn't something he developed himself people have been doing it before.

Has one of his rockets taken a man into space yet? Like he has bright ideas and re-usable rockets are smart but i'm more interested in the lunar base and mars colony ideas.

He hasn't discussed any of the issues relating to a mars colony or lunar base. In his presentations he's just like then we get their build the landing pad then we build the land pad and then we build the colony and build it some more and then it doubles in size in a years time and doubles again in 3 years time or whatever.

Ok elon whens the next presentation about all the life support systems and living quarters your going to manufacture so you can live on mars also lets take into account that all this shit has to be made in a way that can fit into your rockets pay load.

Wow, this thread turned into Musk cocksucking quicker than I anticipated.

Because he's actually fucking doing shit
he's one of the few people that is being beneficially productive in the public eye
If more businessmen started making some revolutionary companies that brought "The Future" closer to reality, they'd get the same amount of love

Go start your own multi-billiioin dollar company if you're that upset about him.

he's busy spamming shitposts against Musk in all the Veeky Forums threads vaguely related to space
he does this every single day, and has for the past few years now

You must be a very paranoid person. You can't grasp the idea that there can be multiple people disliking something you like. This passionate defending of Musk is exactly what I'm talking about. Would you be this passionate in defending something that's not so mainstream?

Wow, imagine your whole life being based around wallowing in impotent rage at someone more successful than you are. I wonder when the tipping point to suicide will happen.

The mainstream part is important because these ideas take lots of public buy-in / funding to actually happen. Also you're not fooling anyone, do something more productive with your life ffs.

who are you replying to

This here. This here is why I made this thread. To see muskaboos cry neet-tears because there is a mean person somewhere disliking the fact the media is saturated with Elon getting cocksucked by mainstream outlets. Does it feel nice to shit on someone because they don't agree with your arguably fucked-up, warped views of the world?

The guy I replied to who informed us about the anti-Musk weirdo.

Your mom must be very proud of how you grew up to become an internet whining supervillain. That'll show Elon Musk, he may have billions of dollars, but you have the anime discussion board high ground, and you can't put a price on that.

but how is he wallowing in any rage at all
what does success or lack thereof relate to accusing samefag
I don't see it

The shill's committing dozens of fallacies and he doesn't even realize it.

what? whats a muskaboo?

I'm not sure you understand. That post isn't describing the person it's a reply to. It's describing the person who was the subject of the post it was a reply to. As in:
>Post A: That guy has been doing this stuff for a year.
>Post B in reply to Post A: Wow, that guy you described is pretty pathetic.

How did you ever deduce from my posts that I wanted this to discredit Elon Musk? All I'm saying is he doesn't need to be portrayed like a God, which he is and you go full autist, insulting me and going mental over conspiracies that I've been shitting on Musk for years.

A person who mindlessly sucks Elon's cock without a second thought. Usually the normie fucks, but apparently this shill here shares the same mindset.

Apparently anyone who isn't angry at Elon Musk for being more successful and mainstream.

I watched a his presentation and i think what i enjoyed most was people not knowing when to clap and elon would think they will get that i think this is a really great feat we've accomplished and i will leave a dramatic pause so they have time to clap and theirs just an awkward silence

>he doesn't need to be portrayed like a God
Why is it a bad thing if he is? There are better targets for this sort of complaint, like NFL players or pop singers. At least if people worship this guy it's involving some sort of expected practical return on investment.

You just jelly. Man was a multi millionaire before he was thirty. Everything he's doing now he is doing because it shall better humanities future, but more because it makes him oodles of money. Shoot, the man already has enough money to just finger his ass in the shower until he dies. Normies worship his vision and ambition. Environmental concern is simply a part of a successful modern business model. Whether or not he should be taken seriously outside of his business sense, (see as a "theoretical physicist") is a different story. This is because he is patently a businessman and not a mathematician. And why should he bother crunching the numbers? He has a Masters in physics. He obviously could if he felt like it. He just has enough money to pay some B average code monkey to do it for half the salary because he is "save the world." Again, he is just a savvy businessman following the modern successful business model. Why the hell wouldn't he hire someone else to do the math? He did it for years. Dude is self made. I respect him.

>it's involving some sort of expected practical return on investment.

like what?

Kek

>following the modern successful business model.

which is?

Like getting the human species on more than one planet so we have a chance to participate in galactic civilization thousands of years down the line instead of just getting K.O.-ed by a single disaster event.

It's unnerving. Portraying one inventor as a God makes the whole world watch his every move and puts a lot of pressure on his shoulders. At this point, if his plans fail, his company is bust. One could argue the very media saturation he achieves and you defend is going to be the thing that kills his project, if he fails. Sure, he's managed to spin a few botched rocket launch/landing attempts to his advantage by making a compilation somehow funny to the mainstream retards, but how is he gonna spin it if it all turns out to be wrong. Not saying it will, but think about it. It also makes a decent number of people, including me (I've talked to dozens of people who are all pissed at the situation), very angry because any other aspiring CEO/inventor will have to rise out of the god-emperors shadow if they want to succeed, something that's not easy to do.

I wasn't aware that was what he was selling. So it's like a just in case we get hit by an asteroid this is our back up plan thing.

>if his plans fail, his company is bust
How are you defining "fail?" He's had plenty of failures already, all businesses and their CEOs do. Perfection was never a requirement.

>inventor

What has he invented?

He's selling lots of different things, but that's probably the most important issue he's pushing resources to. If you look at his interviews over the years he's always voicing concern about different ways we could fuck ourselves over and go extinct, like with rogue AI for another example.

Read the whole post. I don't define failure as 'five of his test rockets blew up', I define failure as 'a total miscalculation that calls for a revision of public plans and massive damage control on the side of public relations'

What "total miscalculation" are you thinking about specifically? I don't think anything they're doing is riding all on one absolute success / failure variable.

Why mars?

Basically, say they send the first five humans to Mars. All goes well until the final stage, where they all die due to a fuck-up of his engineers. Or, more dramatically, at one point they realize that what they've been advertising won't even be possible. It's not really probable, but it's not impossible for these kinds of failures on their part to pop up. I'd like to see Elon wriggle his way out of that. If he hadn't been portrayed as a God all along, he maybe would've stood a chance.

see

He fills me with existential dread. Of all the decades I could've been a classic car and nuclear power enthusiast, I had to pick this one. I've always hoped it would come crashing down, but in the end, I have to except that I am inferior in every way, and all my interests, along with my pathetic existence, have no place in the future.

Shoot me

>Basically, say they send the first five humans to Mars. All goes well until the final stage, where they all die due to a fuck-up of his engineers.
Then it would still be a wildly successful project because they actually got people on Mars. The fact they died at the end just means they need to improve on the same idea. A problem like getting people on another planet is difficult enough and important enough to still make sense with casualties. Now if the problem was producing a new smartphone with a longer battery life and that killed five people, then you'd have a point.
>at one point they realize that what they've been advertising won't even be possible
Then they change what they're doing. I don't see how this is a huge problem either. There are many different sorts of things they can try to do to accomplish the same general idea of getting a private space program going. If they end up doing a moon base instead of Mars first or having reusable rocket trips instead of even doing settlements for a long time that's not exactly a company ending disaster.

>He fills me with existential dread. Of all the decades I could've been a classic car and nuclear power enthusiast

Fission and fusion will most likely power his lunar base and mars colony.

As for classic cars i don't see why that should be phased out.

The way i see it if your forcing people onto using certain cars like hybrid or electric isn't from a environmental viewpoint. Electric cars and the electricity they are using is still being produced using coal power plants or nuclear power plants.

To me it should be from a capitalist viewpoint electric cars should be more affordable than fossil fuel cars and thats how they get phased out rather than just banned, you should still have the freedom to own a fossil fuel car if you want.

Did we just forget about the shuttle. Who was this they?

You from reddit btw?

The more you think about it, the stupider it gets.

Also, imagine the work of reassembling that large rocket? Or doing maintenance / safety checks on it before launch?
Fuck, it might take a week or more to get it ready for take off.
Imagine the cost of just that, and then ask yourself how cheap those tickets will be...

Sorry, went to sleep. You underestimate the destructive power of the mainstream faggots. You disappoint them too many times, you're in for a fun ride. Imagine telling them all you'll get them to Mars then telling them that's been delayed five decades and we're going to the Moon first. The media outlets would literally spam everyone with headlines of the 'Is this the death of SpaceX?', 'Why Elon Musk is the biggest conman of all', et cetera

Quantum computers aren't some sci-fi think where the word "quantum" was added to make it sound cool. It's a theoretical computation machine, and there is nothing wrong with the name. Just because some normies dont know what it is and overhype it does not mean it's invalid. Same applies to machine learning too. Just because some normies think that ML means self-learning conscious A.I's who'll take over the world, does not mean that machine learning is useless

Normies/redditors/nu-sci HATE musk

It's part of their (((indoctrination))) that space exploration isn't worth it.

It isn't. A long term colony on mars is simply unviable

Sure thing schlomo.

What fucking reason would Jews have to do with not being pro space

>be pro space jew
>allow mars colony to happen
>best whites leave earth
>can no longer wipe out whites by inundating their countries and genes with niggers and muzzies

lets not go down this path and lose another thread to shitposts

because he is a charismatic and influential figure, a leader. This is how it is, an engineer alone will amount of nothing but puny projects and ideas, he needs someone to tell him what to do, he needs a man of ideas, someone that gathers up a team of other competent people to do something great. It has always been like this, musk might not be the one that builds he's rockets, but he is good at organizing the ones that do, so that they do it.