What is the purpose of life? Why does life emerge from pools of bacteria and continually evolve?

What is the purpose of life? Why does life emerge from pools of bacteria and continually evolve?

And for the nihlists, why do we as humans require purpose? Why do we desperately chase answers to the question, "why"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDvN-g-3SxI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

multiculturalism and diversity

I dont think those questions are important.

They aren't my dark lord, they are simple appeals to the imagination in hopes of inspiring potential philosophical ideas/theories. Basically, pedantic naval gazing fueled by observation by scientific minds.

1. There is no purpose, life was an accident and everything about evolution is effectively driven by chance.

2. Most humans don't "require purpose". Most humans have clear motivations and drives, and behave towards the fulfillment of these drives without ever thinking about some ultimate purpose. Food, socializing, sex, enjoyment, entertainment, curiosity etc. The only people who do contemplate the "meaning of life" often are outliers who heavily deviate from the general population, and more often than not are dysfunctional or unhealthy in some way.

In other words, stop being a friendless smartass and go get laid.

fuck bitches get money

kek

According to Quantum theory, every possible outcome exists simultaneously. The purpose is to experience. The fact that you can perceive reality and try to grasp how it works is a biological coincidence. Imagine if you were a house fly. Your capability to perceive reality would be different, but the universal properties that drive life remain. IDK what nihlist is but the need to answer questions is due to residual survival instincts. There is potential danger in the unknown so curiosity and exploration is an instinctive survival mechanism.

>tfw khhv

why couldn't I've been born asexual

>USA
>existing prior to 1776
Into the trash this graph goes.

also just realized the value at 1000 is slightly higher than the 1 and 1500 value. How does a non-existing nation do this? Those injuns on the land that were to become the US were not US citizens.

if you actually had any semblance of a brain, you would notice that the line is flat at 0 in the years before the 18th century for the US, implying that since there was no country, there was no economy either.

Life doesn't have a purpose. It's just that if there exists a chemical that catalyzes its self-creation, and then gets random mutations that lets it catalyze better/faster, it'll continue to do that and become more complex as time goes on.

For your second, we don't require purpose. Our drive is based almost on the same principle potential energy based reactions are. There's some state of happiness, contentedness, whatever you want to call it that we idealize on a subconscious level, and all of our actions are what we know leads us there. Some idealizations of happiness are fruitless and forever a chase for answers that aren't ever going to come, and some are simple and easy to obtain. Others are so complete, like the search for enlightenment, zen, or nirvana that the person who undergoes such a search may even lose a sense of self once achieved.

who am i looking at here?

Efficiency, complexity found a way to make use of unstable molecular structures (amorphic and bipolar structures on Earth) and the structures more efficient at transforming these molecules into power had an easier time (longer "lifespans" make randomized structures domain it's mediums)
Think crystals (the most efficient structure in a saline medium) eventually dominating the structures (against other randomized anomalic/defective structures)
Now think of a bigger medium (water, an amorphic and bipolar structure) and how versatile (and randomized) structures could "live longer" taking advantage of all of its intermediate states and compounds, then after the cell pops-up biological evolution takes over
It's just complexity fighting entropy and the battlefield is Earth

no such thing as purpose or meaning, only what organisms project.

Any theories or ideas as to why complexity is fighting entropy? I read that evolution doesn't actually fight entropy, reason being that the process of evolution requires a great deal of energy itself

Might as well ask, "What is the name of life?"

Purpose, just as much as names, is human assigned. Without a sapient being with language to grant a name or purpose, things have neither, they just are.

Like most higher lifeforms, we are pattern recognition machines, thus we seek the pattern in everything as it relates to us. "Purpose" is merely that effort extended by rationale, linguistics, and ego. Purpose does not exist without us. We are the makers of purpose. We give the universe purpose.

youtube.com/watch?v=RDvN-g-3SxI

Are you happy? Why not! Every day you should get up and WANT to go to your work/school. It is far better to love your wife and kids and be happy living in a trailer court then be richer than a king and lonely and depressed. What good is it to own a yacht if you have no one to share it with?

>life was an accident and everything about evolution is effectively driven by chance.
jesus christ what a brainlet
>accident
>chance

Life is the universe's self defense mechanism against entropy.
Our purpose is to effectively combat that entropy.

Humans have had a lot of success with "truth finding", which involves finding an explanation for stuff, especially within social situations.
I think thats just been extended from "why did X do Y" to "why is there anything at all" as life becomes more comfortable

>Why do we desperately chase answers to the question, "why"?
we like understanding why questions, and almost all of them have answers, or are possible to get answers - if a faggot makes a philosophy thread on a science forum cor example, even if I don't literally know why, i know that I could theoretically know why, that they had *some* reason.

but when you query "what doth life," not only do you not get an answer, but you also don't get the consolatory "well, at least there is some answer," because there isn't one unless you (as Camus has shown) take some kind of illogical leap.

this graph is a good one
>pajeets ree about muh colonialism ruining their economy
>not realising that china were in the same position
>brainlet poos not understanding the impact of the industrial revolution on the west

There is none lol

the purpose of life is essentially, to perpetuate itself.
For some fucking reason (g*d) some molecules started to self replicate, and those who got better at it proliferated more and more. And from that primeval cause everything else derives. We are just "better" and more sophisticated at self-perpetuating ourselves.