Can we have a nietzsche thread?

Can we have a nietzsche thread?

What do you think of his writings?

>tfw you realize that you're the Übermensch
>tfw you realize that you are destined to do great things and change humanity forever
Feels good

He's a weakling and his perspective is a muddled exaltation of nigger morality disguised as life affirming sensationalism.
Couldn't get the girl so he ran to the mountains with his tail between his legs and coined "eternal recurrence", aka tfwnogf4ever.

Good reading if you need justification for your stagnant life.

>nigger morality

Why don't you eloquently explain your position instead of /pol/tier memespouting?

dumbass

You are nothing. NOTHING.

His philosophy turns on itself - it's a memoir of his shitty life at best. If we accept his idea that truth can be found within the self, his ideas are nothing more than a confession.

his self-exile, a reckless attempt to hide rejection from society (the ultimate internalization of slave morality), shows how the "Ubermensch" is a way to hide himself from himself.

le every philosopher is just projecting meme

Fuck off, brainlet.

>Couldn't get the girl so he ran to the mountains with his tail between his legs and coined "eternal recurrence", aka tfwnogf4ever.

I keked at this, but I think you're wrong.

IMO Niezsche was a Faust-worshipper who built his ethical system around aesthetic experiences he had while reading it (this isn't just my opinion, but I think its a thread more people should follow through on. Read Niezsche and Goethe side-by-side!).

Especially in this case Faust Part 2 Act IV, when Faust is up in the mountains contemplating the heights and recognizing patterns of his past experiences in the visual details of his alpine panorama (as if this sensate perception facilitating the process) - you get this powerful sense that he's become much stronger for his failed relationship/family with Helen and Euphorion, even though it ended in disaster. Mephistopheles shows up and for the first time you realize that Faust is the larger being, the greater being, than Mephistopheles - he overcame the demonic element and used its vital energy to slingshot himself onto a higher vibrational plane. From this you get in Niezsche the emphasis on playing with the demons in your blood (and their generativity), that "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger," the germ of the theory of the overman (and its spatial/proprioceptive aspect - pertaining to heights). I think Saint N. was thunderstruck by this episode in Faust (I was too - and in part because so much of what I'd read in Nietzsche made so much more sense after reading it).

Are you literally retarded?

Good post

t. Moron

I'm about 3/4 of the way through, and I like the direction thus spoke zarathustra moved.

You sound exactly like some of the others in zarathustras parables. You recognize the merit in some of his ideas but don't follow them through, opting instead to create your own ending for the story. He isn't detailing a specific set of steps, but indeed a mindset and world view which should fundamentally alter the way you look at things. Looking at his writings as a tool to pick up and use, as opposed to understanding where he's coming from and the merits of his system is flawed and I think you know that.

by becoming nothing you achieve emptiness and can become anything, free of desire

>Babby's first philosophy

philosophy in a nutshell

>opting instead to create your own ending for the story

No shit he deliberately wrote in a non-systematic way, but taking this as a justification for adopting his perspectives without questioning why they came in the first place is naive. The more you relate with Nietzsche the more intuitive his concepts are - a direct result of approaching philosophy in this fashion. Nothing necessarily wrong with it except when you follow his line of thought without recognizing the very real possibility that this was a method to reconcile his futile life with a romantic vision of humanity.

This is why we have so much garbage like people looking to incorporate their real life shortcomings with an unreal, otherwordly vision of power when really they need to just grow up. Lou Salomé is a perfect example of this in Nietzsche.

There are practical limits to what doesn't kill makes you stronger and the tendency to put Nietzsche on a pedestal for having made mountains out of molehills makes it easy to internalize his "philosophy" and turn all life events into an aesthetic experience for growth.

I would like to have seen him return to Germany and try applying this
>inb4 it made him insane

>meaningless circular logic argued by pretentious idiots
Nah m8 that's just amateur philosophy

I do agree that you have to look at how he came to write the way that he does, but just because he was a forever alone tfwnogf doesn't immediately invalidate his reasoning. He still puts forth a logical, well thought out argument

Bump

His popularity is strange given how muddled and sterilized his ideas have become in western translation.

>Guys, our worldviews totally don't reflect our personality and life experiences
le the mind is pure abstraction meme

I don't think he is hiding anything. It's just self-loathing.

Wasn't Nietzsche the guy who thought that compassion and kindness are frailties? That women were God's second fault or something?

I think if that's the guy, he would today be an old chain-smoking man hanging out of the window all day, yelling at passers-by.

Man, Nietzsche's not bad IF you read him well, but:
1) A bit overrated
2) It's makes you feel special, and that's really dangeroues
3) You need at least a superficial knowledge of the canon till him

Because he saw the traditional definition of compassion as sheep morality. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Some sort of cowardice and hypocrisy.
The Ubermensh is strong and doesn't feel fear so he has no use for kindness but he is portrayed as noble and benevolent because he has no need to assert his power over the weak like a mere human does etc.

As for women he wasn't particularly progressive but I don't think he was much more sexist than the average person of the 19th century which I guess by today's standards is a lot.

3. I jumped straight in without any knowledge about philosophy but I was intuitively attuned to his way of thinking so it wasn't hard to get into. He motivated me to acquaint myself with rest of the canon. Particularly Schopenhauer because he was so tsun-tsun about him.
2. Not necessarily. Alternatively it makes you feel like a bum but in good company.
1. He has this edgy teenager sort of feel that is silly but is self aware enough to at least allow you to not take him completely seriously. Philosophy is overrated anyway.

babby's first philosopher

Schopenhauer is better.

>What do you think of his writings?
Beautiful for what it is but he misrepresents everything and on a very superficial level. His thoughts on Kant for example are like a kid's interpretation of the critique of practical reason. Like he only read the simple english wikipedia article and decided to make a 2007 youtube video "debunking Kantheism in three minutes". That's how bad some of his stuff is, philosophically speaking. Nevertheless nice prose and so on.