Poetry is bullshit

i need to write a research paper using a topic based on one of these poets and the corresponding sets of their work (if that makes sense)

1.WALT WHITMAN, "AMERICAN POET"
2.SYLVIA PLATH, CONFESSIONAL POET
3.LANGSTON HUGHES, SATIRE OF THE COMMON WOMAN
4.THE DECLINE OF THE (WAR) HERO
5.KOMUNYAKAA AND THE VIETNAM WAR
6.LANGSTON HUGHES POETRY AND POPULAR FORMS

oops... meant to say someone help me come up with a topic

Sure let me help you with your homework kiddo

Write about how Walt's personal brand of spirituality is reflective of american individualism. Throw some stuff in about Tolstoy's christian anarchism to sound smart.

21 y/o uni sophomore please help

Can we report homework threads?

If I can't post tits without getting banned I don't see w why we should have homework threads

I didn't ask for your age kiddo

where else would i post about poetry??
only reason I'm replying is to keep the (You)s coming in while I'm bored

"Why Sylvia plath was not as good as Ted Hughes......it's just all her cuntish fangirls that gave Ted a bad name"

What's the word count got to be?

no word count. 8-10 pages

thats what i was thinking about doing... i don't think tolstoy is one of the choices though?

fuck off

UGH that sounds like a slog! I'm transferring to a University soon for an English-Lit degree, just for interest, and is this the kind of stuff I am to expect!?

Plath > Hughes by a longshot

one of the few successful followups to modernism

try reading you fagoot

Don't do it. If there is a creative bone in your goddamn body avoid it like it cost your frontal lobe.
It was the worst decision I have made personally. They will ruin literature for you.

Are you having your period?.....because you're not making sense.

Either/or. The recentish Ted Hughes biography is fantastic

I'll have to look at the program a bit closer.

>not making sense
I'm saying Sylvia Plath is a better poet than Ted Hughes (and I'm saying there is a gap in quality between them).

My freebleeding doesn't change that no matter how much you want it to.

ha! have fun. I'm a business major so this is the least you can expect

>business major
wish you told me from the start, don't even talk to me

Different dude. I'm a soon to be ex-english major. It's like going to art school to be an artist: a genuine waste of time and money.

I am interested in the studying and critical thought stuff. I'm not interested so much in being told how to write stories or my poetry. Did you go as an aspiring author? Not trying to dis you either.

The key to poetry's secrets lay in symbolism.

Look at everything symbolically and conceptually - including things like punctuation, capitalization, word choice and their placements; she will then give you her secrets and you will love her for it.

Fried pickles are really tasty

Hughes is mediocre. Plath is much much better.