Infinite jest

why haven't you read this yet?

read it twice
it gets worse the more you read it

I can't find a hardcopy.

because I'm still reading Arbasino's 1400 page tome

Don't feel like I'm ready for it

Im still working through the classics.

It was uninteresting and poorly written. The author seems to have some unresolved mental issues.

Funfact: he resolved them

He can't think, can't write, and has no discernible talent.

It was my first Veeky Forums book. Jump in, my man

That's a fair assessment, but he seems to have put a lot of effort into it, if you are into that sort of thing.

It wasn't translated to my language and I do not intend reading a 1000 page long meme in English, which would take me lots of time.

Kek, this

Yeah I don't like Lovecraft either

nearly finished OP. I've laughed and cried along the way, it's been a journey.

I haven't even read the Greeks yet and Veeky Forums told me that it's impossible to understand post-modern books if you haven't read the entire western cannon.

I want to read it this year but I'm not looking forward to it. I hear the pacing is meandering and I'm not particularly keen on DFW's fondness for footnotes. I feel it ruins the rhythm of reading a novel.

lies. if you want to read something just read it. if you don't understand it that's fine, you can always re-read or find articles/essays/reports on it online.

>book literally acknowledges it's a really long meme
>people still read it anyways
you'll never jape me into wasting 50 hours of my life on that garbage

but it genuinely is a very readable, funny book. Saying it's a meandering incomprehensible tome is a lie.

because I listened to 10 hours of the audio book and it's a slice of life about some youths tennis tournament as far as I could be arsed to pay attention enough to tell