What does Veeky Forums have against this man? Please try to argue without "hurr durr mainstream pleb"

What does Veeky Forums have against this man? Please try to argue without "hurr durr mainstream pleb".

Carrie sucks

Vapid.

ugly voldermort lookin ass nigga ugly smoothskinn ass nigga ugly no lip lookin ass nigga ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww grosds ass niggaaa eyyywwwww

Just After Sunset is good I've heard.

The Shining book is better than the film.

the fact a grown ass man wears childrens clothes is oddly disturbing

Nothing for and nothing against

I assume all the hate is from the same 'people' who post incessantly about John Green, booktubers, and news broadcasts

ie, crossboarders, newfags, and cancer

Worth $400 million dollars...

Holy shit.

Nothing. He is a solid journeyman writer with a distinctive style who has found a niche where he can be successful.
I look at it this way - a plumber may not have a medical degree, but people need plumbers and a good plumber with ambition can out-earn a surgeon.
Stephen King is a blue-collar writer, and I respect that.

seriously though, does King have fetal alcohol syndrome?

The Thomas Kinkade of literature

A corny ideas guy with less execution than a swedish prison. Story for storie's sake can only go so far when your prose is blander than tofu and your characters fit more into a tv series than a novel.

big mac

I like him. He's written some really great shit, though admittedly he's written way more complete garbage. But hey, even if you throw all his trash away, he's still got a lot of great material to get into.

he's still worth that much, AFTER he gave most of his fortune away to charity over the years.

I always like to say King is a great storyteller, but not a great writer. He has plenty of interesting ideas (mostly his earlier, more well known work) and they're executed well, but his actual writing is boring and bland. It works well for what he does, which is essentially crafting digestible horror.
He's not awful as things go, but he is certainly over-hyped, which I guess comes with the territory of writing for the average joe. He pretty damn successful so that's something.

His work just feels dated to me. It's like how stuff from 10 years ago somehow feels older than stuff from 100 years ago.

P A D D I N G

A

D

D

I

N

G

For all his faults he is actually professional in his work

puts out 2000 words a day, can you imagine someone forcing George R.R. Martin to write that amount?

His shorter works are excellent, nothing wrong with them.

This. Also, he's self-aware.

His short stories are fantastic. Novels... not so much. I feel like he doesn't have the ability to be scant with words - most of his books could be trimmed to half the size retaining the story whilst becoming much more berable.

Nothing. When I was younger I've read him, and liked. Then I wanted to become more serious about things that I read and spend my time on, and after years of that I have no real interest in going back to his writing. That's about it.

Is he paid by the page or something? Cracker edit that shit.

He's literally a redditor

Never read things aboyt him, but Shawnshank and Shining films were boring as hell

He is pretty weak on the plot level, pretty good on the scene level, and amazing on the single sentence/paragraph level. Like an amazing boxer that can't grapple for shit.
Which is fine, but he is acting like he is some grand authority on literature, when his average plot line is mediocre at best.

GRRM once admitted that the most writing he ever did per day was for a role playing game he was running that became the Wildcards setting.

I've read 4 or 5 books of him. It was 2-3 years ago. I have to say that, he isn't able to write. He turns around himself like a cat. His books' theme doesn't change: a boring intro, old cars, pills, nothing about scare, nothing about tension, nothing about conciseness...