Shakespeare reading group?

Anyone? I'll be reading these in this order. I was thinking of posting a thread every Monday, but the schedule can be changed.
Also, post every "No Romeo and Juliet?" and "Hamlet is shit" bellow!

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEIpuHGrQN6Dt550hQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Tempest isn't really romance though is it? There's as much comedy as there is romance and as much tragedy as there is comedy

I don't know since I haven't read it, I was just following Bloom's table of content where he classified it as romance.

I would be glad to join

I'm down. I've been telling myself lately that it has been too long since I've read Shakespeare.

This would be great!

Great. Monday we'll be discussing Richard III

What made you choose the particular plays and order? Seems kind of random

Two semester Shakespeare college course curriculum. First semester is histories and comedies, second is tragedies. These are mandatory

lmao way to utilize lit for your courses
desu itd be cool if there was a online reading group for every one of my course texts tho

I'm not on that course actually, I just wanna read Willy J Shakes

Is there an essential Shakespeare image/list? Hated the dude in high school but I've come 180 after seeing King Lear performed and loving it.

I saved this at one point, but I think you can read them in any order you want unless you want to do chronological to see how he progressed as a writer.
Read his most famous plays (they are famous for a reason) and the ones you are interested in and move out from there.

I'm not going to join to this, I already have a ton in my list, but I did read Macbeth recently and I be here that Monday to discuss it.

join Veeky Forums telegram group instead

t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEIpuHGrQN6Dt550hQ

I'd join but I dislike Richard III. I'll maybe join when we read Henry IV

hamlet is shit and so is your group YOU DO NOT READ SHAKESPEARE you must WATCH SHAKESPEARE LIVE IN A 17th century style open air theathre to full understand him YOU FUCKING IGNORAMUS PLEB PIECES O F SHIT WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE YOUR FUCKING SHIT OPINIONS RIGHT BACK TO R/BOOKS YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING KEK SHILLS FAGBTS

richard trismegistus, thrice the charm for third the price, how can you refuse it

I've found it! I've finally found it!

P U R E A U T I S M

great, another failed reading group incoming

Does Reddit have reading groups that actually work?

I've never used Reddit - I was using Veeky Forums for at least two years before I even heard of it, but perhaps it is a better place for that kind of thing?

essential? Nearly if not everything.

Good starter plays are Macbeth, Othello, and Taming of the Shrew.

where is titus andronicus?

Would you mind giving a time zone?

Lord, Lord! methought, what pain it was to drown!
What dreadful noise of waters in mine ears!
What ugly sights of death within mine eyes!
Methought I saw a thousand fearful wrecks;
Ten thousand men that fishes gnaw'd upon;
Wedges of gold, great anchors, heaps of pearl,
Inestimable stones, unvalued jewels,
All scatter'd in the bottom of the sea:
Some lay in dead men's skulls; and, in those holes
Where eyes did once inhabit, there were crept,
As 'twere in scorn of eyes, reflecting gems,
Which woo'd the slimy bottom of the deep,
And mock'd the dead bones that lay scatter'd by.