I GOT FUCKING MEMED AGAIN!

This book fucking sucks.

The most highly overrated piece of literature (and author) ever.

>Terrible writing.
>Plot is literally a bunch of rottin' tootin' cowboys riding from town to town raping, murdering and being unnecessarily cruel to animals and people
>Nothing is learned from reading this book
>The occasional good 1-2 paragraphs of prose, the rest is variations of "and they rode on through town x and across the long dusty streets and did X and killed Y and killed niggers and nigger and and and and and and and and *breathes* and and and nigger.

Is this the absolute best Americans can do?

didnt read the second half huh?

it is awful

anyways read melville
mcelroy if you want something newer

Really makes you think

back to harry potter

well, when you put it like that yeah the book is kinda shitty. I like it, not love, but like it. However, i'll honestly admit that the majority of this book is describing the mexican landscape and how the hicks go about riding, walking, or camping in it.

I feel the themes were sorta catchy, but it's definitely not McCorncob's best work by a long shot. I'd still read it over anything by Woolf.

>Not Russians.

Apologise.

"nothing is learned from reading this book"

When ye read like a pleb ye shall die like a pleb. The man spat.

I'm only halfway through it but I LOVE it. It's really amazing how McCarthy's prose is able to make such bleak and horrible things sound almost kind of beautiful.

I love how (so far) it's just this tale of constant violence and misery happening with these shitty people, it really captures this atmosphere of pure awfulness but without being just a generic psychopath/horror story.

The climactic parts such as the first encounter with the savages, and also the story Tobin tells to The Kid about The Judge saving everyone by making gunpowder before they were attacked by the savages at one point were some of the most gripping and exciting experiences I've had with a book recently.

I feel like with each chapter the books is practically daring you to keep going, but it's also extremely rewarding because there's always a payoff to the more "slow" parts.

>inb4 spoilers

I already spoiled some of the most major stuff, so it's too late for that.

weak bait, sage and move on

>it's a Judge picks up a cannon and blasts red skinned niggers episode

The way McCarthy describes the desert actually made me want to tke a trip to the northern narco filled part of my country.

>I LOVE it
Same.

What are other authors like McCarthy?

Shoulda read Suttree

Similar but very different, read Warlock my dude

D- Apply Yourself user!!!

Warlock

Suttree is so dank

The atmosphere is great in the book, loved it.

I learned the Indians weren't just dindus

kek

This book is awesome. You're probably missing a lot, or aren't in a position where you're interests are aligned with what Cormac is offering so you don't appreciate it.

McCarthy's writing style has been compared to Faulkner.

So, s4s found us when these garbage threads pop up so often?

>spits

>Plot is
Stopped right there, plot-reading scum.

Lonesome dove is less po-mo and pretentious, but good nonetheless.

shit this sounds fucking right up my alley, thanks user.

you aint nothin
*spits*
ye

I don't understand how you can't at least enjoy the Biblical styling of the prose, it's beautiful.

I don't like it. I need speech marks. I hate unnamed protagonists, it's a meme trope I fucking hate so much.

AND THE RACISM! Unbelievable.

My garbage can writes with about the same talent.

science has gone too far