Satanic Verses

Why so much controversy for a shit book?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Chappelle#Personal_life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The third world is still convinced of demons.

because it has satan in the title

islam a shit

durkas can't take a joke. literally think of one muslim that is funny... you can't. fucking impossible. all that repressed homosexuality makes them thin-skinned and stiffer than obama without a teleprompter.

>Dave Chappelle converted to Islam in 1998. He told Time in May 2005, "I don't normally talk about my religion publicly because I don't want people to associate me and my flaws with this beautiful thing. And I believe it is beautiful if you learn it the right way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Chappelle#Personal_life

Literally just because of the title

muh nigga. i'd touch tips with you, no homo.

shit book making fun of a shit religion

Muhammed was a faggot and can suck my big gallic cock.

triggered muslims

The palestinian terrorists who forgot to set their watches to daylight savings time and blew themselves up instead of the busload of civilians.

Because Rushdie, like pretty much his whole generation of British writers, is a relentless and skilled self-publicist devoid of any other talent.

>illiterate, poor desert farmers who have been victims of imperialism and Arab nationalism know more about Islam than actual scholars who spend their entire lives devoted to the texts, their validity, the historical context, jurisprudence, theological implications, etc.
>mfw Muhammad (pbuh) defended his gay servant from being stoned to death by a mob
>mfw Muhammad emphasized mercy and compassion and said Arabs aren't superior to other people or cultures.

Fundamentalist Islam is less than 200 years old. Get informed or get out.

He's an anglo-zionist shill

>It's not TRUE Islam!
>Just ignore 99.9% of Muslims and listen to me lol, Allahu Snackbar!

salafis aren't 99% of muslims, and they would be nearly insignificant if burgers and britbongs weren't funding them to beat back anti-western secular movements

1) It's not a shit book, even if the fame is exaggerated.

2) Muslim culture does not handle literature well because there isn't a proper tradition of fiction and/or critical thinking. Any book at all that would tengentially touch the tenets of the religion would be controversial.

tl;dr: Islam is deeply anti-intellectual (even I wouldn't call this book intellectual in any particular sense), what did you expect?

> Islam is deeply anti-intellectual

Current strains are. But remember it was Islam that preserved early Greek philosophy and pioneered much of the natural sciences.....to say it's "deeply" anti intellectual would be disingenuous

>Muslims
>Secular

>less than 200 years old

How is that relevant? We don't judge Christianity by the christians of 200 years ago, nor should we Islam.

The fact is whatever you claim about Muhammed being a gay person in an islamic country (even so called """moderate""" ones) is a quick way to get killed

Has Islam achieved anything a bit more recently? Say, in the last hundred years?

We can only judge the world by how the world is. As things stand, there is no force within islamic culture that would stand for any kind of scientific outlook or cirtique.

And the trend is down.

You can defend the islamic culture that pioneered natural sciences and mathematics when medieval europe was a shithole. You cannot defend islamic culture as it is now, and ignoring its current faults in lieu of past glory is doing it a disservice by allowing it to stagnate.