Besides getting good at mathematics...

Besides getting good at mathematics, what else can I do become a more critical thinker besides not making decisions of impulse, emotions clouding my judgement and short term gains for long term strains?
Pic not related lol

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/lit/9475678
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Unironically go to Veeky Forums and read the classics. Also write a lot. Flesh out your thoughts as much as possible.

Now that you mention it, I suppose improving my grammar as well helps. What else?

Watch Rick and Morty. I shit you not, you will become one with the greatest philosophers of all time if you can comprehend the deep meanings that the show has to offer, in what most people think is a medium for the retarded.

*BRAAAAAPPPPPP*
pick up some philosophy books, read, articulate your thoughts. develop opinions, and don't be afraid to be wrong. if someone points out why you're wrong that can be the best thing that happens to you.

thought i would've circled more.

Besides the philosophy books, your post is obvious shit. You can still redeem yourself if you give better answers.

Improve you rhetoric too, or something. Learn to articulate yourself better.

Futurama has done it better. R&M is ok, but it's fan base is cancer. Yes, I can easily ignore them, but not so much two of my autistic cousins who love it. I do think R&M has a better score minus the corny raps.

That's it guys?

Also, search for the "how to think?" archived thread on Veeky Forums. It's old but gold

I searched for it and couldn't find anything, would you be kind enough to provide a link?

Yeah, fine lol. Scroll down in it and you'll find a boss user. I have it screen capped on my desktop.

yuki.la/lit/9475678

Well then give us the screen cap you cunt

Yeah, thanks for expressing what we were all thinking...

I'm not on my desktop you numbskull.

Just scroll through the thread. I've already read How to Read a Book, and I've started the Trivium and have almost finished Thinking Fast and Slow (also read Taleb's works which is referenced often in that). In addition I'm working through Mortimer Adler's reading list at the end of HTRAB, it seems really solid in many ways (mathematical and scientific history, literary history, economics, etc but I'm only on the Iliad, so... But yeah, glhf

Then explain how can one screencap an entire page.

This image seem to portray these traits negatively, but these traits are normal female behavior...

What did they mean by this?

Just remember to always review and question some thought, knowledge, assumption, structure, etc. Taking a look at different angles and paths of thought. As well as being generally introspective and empathetic (ironically empathy allows for greater "cold objectivity" when it comes to your perspective and that of others). Try not to get stuck in a continually-reinforced path of thought and conclusion(s), our brains lend us overly singular perspectives and narrow patterns of behaviour, just offset this as best you can.

Try to strive for all of that (though don't go too far otherwise you'll just be a scattered mess, second-guessing every sensation - find a healthy and beneficial balance).

Philosophy is good too, good for forming the mind. But never approach a philosophical work as though it were a string of facts, or some political/ideological shilling. Approach all of it as though it were a thought experiment, think about the reasoning, reapproach it, experiment. Also start with the basics and read along with notes (supplied by those who have studied the work), philosophical works are generally extremely cumbersome and convoluted. Not very formal. This probably lends to their benefit on critical thinking, however.

>I'm not on my desktop
No shit, but you'll surely be home.

Traits of a beta cuck

You've come home yet fag?

read through all of western canon

calling my post "shit" without specifically criticizing it is tantamount to a shitpost.

Argue over everything. Argue for things you don't believe in. Argue against things you agree with. Don't end sentences with prepositions.

> You've come home yet fag?why are you some mean to him he just wants to help :(

No senpai I won't be home til this weekend, but why don't you just open the fucking link?

Read and write, my man.
Be warned, though, Being a critical thinker will NOT exclude you from any of those negatives you listed. Those can happen for any number of reasons.

Read pic related.

Probably the first thing would be to accept that you will never free yourself from impulse or irrational behaviour. You're a human, not a rational being. You're generally better off aiming for heuristics and strategies that help you approximate rational behaviour.

Forgot pic

Lol look I just thought the pic was hilarious. Fucking hell.

Their's a difference between doing something from impulse, and being aware of the outcomes, but going "fuck it". With the latter I'm not shocked and considered the risks involved if it goes bad.

What you're describing sounds more like behavior training. The answer is going to be "take a class" or "see a therapist."

Other things? Uuuhhh meditate maybe? Clear your head?

Go back to Facebook, brainlet

How is keeping secrets a flaw?

Also most people never reach their physical peak--mainly just Olympians

You need to get your spiritual juices flowing. Then drink those juices.

>No-one's capped the post
Jesus you're lazy

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH

Just think

there's more than that though, it's the following 3-4 post iirc

isn't this series of post boss though?