Studying 15h a day side effect ?

studying 15h a day side effect ?

You'll get burnt out and not be able to learn shit in less than half that

SK youth seems to learn pretty good desu.

Don't believe in that lie. Sure OP, it's not recommended that you study 15h a day without creating a habit, but after you stablish a routine and keeps doing it every single day you can easily study 15h a day everyday without getting "burned out" like that other nigger said. First of all, you should start with something easier like 2h per day, and gradually increase those hours as time passes by and tou get accostumed to study for long hours.

thanks, ;^)

A lot of that 15 hours is gonna be useless, study in smaller portions of an hour to 2 hours each and take breaks in between

using pomodoro desu, 6h streak so far.

If you stick to one topic, you'll start to see diminishing returns.

Take breaks and mix it up.

If you start to hit a brick wall on one topic, switch to a different one.

you may get distorted dreams about what you study

Muscle atrophy and decreased metabolism, along with smaller lungs size.

You're not going to study for 15 hours a day. I simply don't think it's possible for someone to maintain attention like that for practically the entire time they're awake. You can spend all day on Veeky Forums, sure, but it's a low-effort activity that imparts information sporadically, and in such a way that you never have to bother remembering it.

It's like how people in prison would rather get beat up than go to solitary. There's just not enough stimulation to keep our brains functioning like that. Humans never evolved any sort of eternal tunnel-vision.

You’re a small guy.

Yeah i agree don't listen to that guy OP. "Burnout" is just a meme, maaaan. I study 24 hours a day EZ. Haha fucking brainlets can't even compete ;)

I study 27 hours a day 9 days a week.

You can study for that long but only if you take amphetamines.

Nope. I've tried. Your brain simply runs out of whatever it needs to make the amphetamine work after about 12 hours of straight use. And if you overdo it one day, the same dose may not have any effect by the next.

You can spend maybe one 15-hour period binging on Adderall and studying, but you need to give your nervous system time to recharge afterwards. And, even when you're on it, if you're using it to substitute sleep your productivity will be drastically reduced. If you use it responsibly, that isn't quite true, but you certainly won't get 15 hours per day out of it in that case.

So what's the sweet spot for number of daily studying hours? 3, 4? Seems like you would just fall behind on your classes if you studied too little every day, but I also recognize that breaks and spacing out study sessions is important.

Crippling depression and stunted social skills
>You'll do fine

this

you die!!

I tried 10 hours a day last 2 semesters. I was lazy the whole semester and just played video games during night time when I was supposed to be studying. So about 2 weeks before the exam I isolated myself from almost everyone and just studied. I do not recommend this to anyone and I will never try this ever again. Here's what I did
>7AM-8AM Wake up, shower and get ready
>8AM - 11 AM Study time. 45min intense study (no music, just focus) 15 min rest in between.
>11AM -12PM Rest time. Lay down on my bed listening to music while trying to recall what I learn
>12PM- 3PM Study time. 45min intense study (no music, just focus) 15 min rest in between.
>3PM-5PM Eat and proper rest.
>5PM-7PM Go out jogging and enjoy the park next to my dorm. (This was important and very enjoyable after my long daytime study session)
>7PM-8PM Shower get ready etc
>8PM-12AM Study time. 45min intense study (no music, just focus) 15 min rest in between.
>12AM Chill with some music and then sleep
In 16 days I covered ALL the material I need to study. I even had time to do some exercises and past year questions from seniors. The first 3 days of this study regimen was pure hell. But then I somehow got used to it and after the first week it was like my mind was in zen mode. Got a 3.83 gpa that semester (previously I got 3.22). I will never do this again because I will never have the willpower like I had 2 semesters ago (my mom was sick, I was worried and felt disappointed in myself. she's ok now)

The side effects of what I did:
> I had trouble talking to other people for a few days
I think that was because I didn't talk to anyone for 16 days. After a few days I was back to normal.

Nothing much other than you lose interest in virtually everything else outside biological desires and the domain of your study

I have basically no willpower for studying. When I'm at home i always think i have to study but I end up playing vidya instead. There's days where I tried studying but basically can't concentrate and then stop and get on Veeky Forums or quake live.
I'm 3 weeks into my first uni year, and i have my first exam (calculus) tomorrow, and basically i'm fucked because i haven't been bothered to practise anything until today, i'll try later but i'll probably think to myself "i can't concentrate, whatever, i'll do better next exam, it's too late now".
What do you recommend? I've read that people gets their motivation knowing that they'll get a comfy job in the future, but that doesn't work for me.

I'm a /g/fag not actually a Veeky Forumsfag so I took easy classes, but what are hard science classes like that you have to study so hard to obtain a 3.83?

Not trying to be insulting or anything I'm just genuinely curious what high level math and science classes are like

becoming a genius

I studied one week straight for a test once, all I did was study and eat. I was alone at home the whole week and I literally didn't do anything else. I had godlike focus and after that week it was hard to get back to procrastinating mode.
I aced the test and it looked like the easiest thing ever.
Also, this post has an official Google web signature.
Fuck niggers. Officially.
Fuck you, Google.