What podcasts does Veeky Forums listen to?

what podcasts does Veeky Forums listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwpwP_fIqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cum Town

I'm 27 and I honestly feel like I'm too old already. Who the fuck has time to listen to podcasts? Read a fucking book for christ sake. Don't get me started on YouTube either jesus christ. If anyone was worth watching they would have their own show. What even worse is shit like twitch tv. R U FUCKED JUST GO PLAY THE GAME YOURSELF. I am going to be one miserable old man holy fuck.

gay.

Intelligence Squared, both of Dan Carlin's podcast, Vox's the Weeds, Ezra Klein podcast, Rachel Maddow, Harmontown, The Art of Manliness, part of the problem, Jocko podcast, Jordan B Person, Been Shapiro, The Partially Examined Life, RadioLab, The Duncan Trussell Family Hour, Singularity.FM, War College

You should just end it now fammillam

Radical Agenda

>posted on Veeky Forums

The Dick Show

>Sam "muh BA in Philosophy" Harris

this

Lol Ezra Klein nice. Chapo and Cum Town

In our time.

I listen to it whilst I'm getting ready for work in the morning. Occasionally it gets the synapses firing.

1 hour commute man, but I feel

Chapo, Cum Town, War Nerd and Sean's Russia blog.

Nobody can really be this much of a liberal wonk right?

REAAAAAAD YOU RETARD

No Agenda

You don't seem to understand how stupid you are. Try to.

entitled opinions

Many.

Maron

What ever young fag who likes to waste his precious time on earth listening to talk radio, watch people playing video games and watch garbage made for free and posted online.

The Ben Shapiro Show.

>YWN be as intelligent as Ben.

Joe Rogan Experience.

In Our Time backlogs for authors/books I have read.

BBC Witness backlogs.

Hardcore History.

Philosophize This.

Greatest book of all time

I can tell that you are stupid based on your writing.

34 here. Dont you listen to stuff while you are cleaning or doing laundry or cooking or drinking your coffee in the morning?

Can't believe people listen to that Ben Shapiro fag. The dude is the equivalent of Buzzfeed -- just argumentative clickbait, and when pushed he can't actually make a compelling point. Listen to him talk about religion and climate change for example.

you're pretty much wrong to the point where I'm not even going to attempt to argue with you, even though I don't like Shapiro. He's a quick-witted entry-level conservative pundit and pretty much nothing more, but he sometimes has decent points and puts out a very honest and straightforward analysis of the news according to his values that he makes very clear

He's a little twink with an obnoxious fucking voice. I can't believe there are real people who's brains are so broken they think Ben Shapiro has something intelligent to say.

He's also the author of one of the worse books ever written .

Sorry English isn't my first language. Do you speak Arabic?

My man how fucking long do you take doing your laundry? And I read with my coffee. When I cook I usually just listen to oombop or joee angel or broken bones by love inc.

>He are faggort
>YOU LIEK HIM??? YOU FAGGORT?!

I love this board, it's so much more educated than the rest of Veeky Forums

History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps

>chapo trap house
Faggot leftists ITT

Have you considered suicide yet? Your clearly a waste of carbon and carbon is pretty cheap.

>tfw this user is actually right

Just realize that these things are guilty pleasure, and should be regarded as such.
>posted here on Veeky Forums ;^)
I know that I'm an hypocrite, but at least I feel ashamed for wasting my time in such a heinous way.

Which are your favorites?

>Radio 4: Books and Authors
>The Guardian Books podcast
>The Book Review Podcast
>The New Yorker - Books

Are these good?

Yeah, they're good.

I like GIO Podcast with Adam carolla because there's a segment where young people in their teens with major life problems call in. Girls raped by their dads and stuff.

Meant for

some of my more recent favs, all 8/10+

RIP frank ;_;

Just this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwpwP_fIqY

History of English Podcast is a cure for insomnia.

I find etymology fascinating. To each their own I guess.

Why do you always need stimulation?

Genuinely asking, can't you do something quietly without losing it?

Most of Ancient Faith's programs
Tom Woods Show
Mises Weekends
Ross Tucker Football
Reasonable Faith

Is Sam Harris the best living sophist?

no such thing as a fish

>listen to a podcast while doing household chores
>HAHA YOU ALWAYS NEED STIMULATION

jesus fuck just fuck off

I have a wife and a few kids, so folding takes forever. I also listen to lectures.

Mostly Ancient Faith Radio.

My Brother My Brother and Me is transcendental.

What's the point of this podcast?
They're just bitching about how they couldn't understand the text.

Lol so true

People who commute and don't wanna listen to Anglo culture blasting out of the car radio.

Only good answer in the thread

Schmucks

Mostly movie podcasts

Partially Examined Life is the only thing I have remained a listener of over the years.

Hardcore History
JRE
Mixed Mental Arts
Tangentially Speaking
History On Fire
The Drunken Taoist

538's politics podcast is good

God-tier, never missed an episode:
>Your Mom's House w/ Tom Segura and Christina Pazsitsky
>Bill Burr
>Re: Joyce

depending on the guest/topic:
>Joe Rogan Experience
>Tim Ferriss Show
>James Altucher Show
>Jocko Podcast

I work as a delivery driver and 8 hours of only music per day just doesn't cut it for me.
I like In Our Time, or sometimes recorded lectures from various unis that are floating around the web. Listening to radio in German is also pretty helpful for my pronuntiation and hearing. Actual German radio, not "german learning podcasts" these usually suck and are boring as shite.

planet money
Bill Burr
Patrice Oneal on O&A and every regular comic appearances on the show
Chapo
Mike Duncan's The history of Rome
Common sense

Am I the only one who enjoys both right and left wing media at the same time?

Philosophy Bites

Chapo Trap House and Red Ice Radio.

People usually listen to podcasts instead of shitty talk radio while theyre at work.

Something you know nothing about.

No ;)

This isn't even true

Is that the guy who talks exclusively through his nose?

he's almost as good as me

Have they been good recently? I was getting fed up of political talk at the time due to the election and dropped MBMBAM after Travis straight up told people who to vote for for his birthday. I want to come back in but I'm afraid they're getting too big and might sacrifice goofs for a message which isn't what I go to them for.

>If anyone was worth watching they would have their own show
now that's a good goy

he's the new generation of snake oil sales men. Self help books are passe now

Do Teaching Company courses count? Podcasts are dumb.

I'm surprised this isn't more popular here.

It is too short superficial for my taste. Going through a list of names and reading slightly rewritten wikipedia articles as a script doesn't really help when they rarely cover anyone in debth.

It offers Wikipedia-tier introductions to philosophers and hasn't even made it to modern philosophy yet even though it's been going for more than 6 years

there SHOULD be gaps in some places

Yeah, you'd be better off reading SEP articles if you want a brief introduction

More like there must be. It's impossible to cover every thought that every person who has claimed to be a philosopher has had.

>Connor Murphy
Reading a book isn't faster to me that listen to content.
And hearing how somebody says something helps tremendously to understand what his/her point actually is, where the emphasis is and what's of lesser relevance to the speaker/writer.
The medium has merits.
If he has a 4h tape of Hegel explaining his stuff, we'd had the possibility to understand his intended meaning.

>>Re: Joyce

>tfw Frank died

I can't speak for the guy you're responding to, but for me it's less about stimulation and more about Keeping Up.

A guy who lifts a weight in one hand while he reads with the other is second only to the guy who lifts weights, listens to an audiobook, and cooks himself a decent meal simultaneously.

I.e. the more things you are able to do simultaneously to better yourself, the better you are.

This is the principle behind juggling, which serves as a physical metaphor for a human's individual set of rapidly exchanging priorities.

tell me which are good left wing pls, so far i haven't seen anyone even remotely close to how good ben saphiro is for example

>audiobooks
>weightlifting

If you'd said read a book on a treadmill, I might have cared.

search chapo trap house ben shapiro on youtube, there's a vid in which they do a read of parts of his shitty book

Comedy Bing Bong
Hollywood Handbook
The Hooray Show
High and Mighty
Mysterious Universe
Waking Up

Started listening to Cum Town and Chapo a month ago. Ran through most of the back catalog.

Any recommendations?

>Music was invented by the English

Writer's Almanac
No Such Thing as a Fish
Lovecraft EZine
CheapShow
Penn's Sunday School
Do Go On

Literally man. I just started listening to it so maybe I hit a rough patch, but they have to be the least imaginative or interesting people I've ever listened to. They look at everything they read through their mundane, lazy, 21st century American leftist lens. Listening to them try to understand Confucius was embarrassing.

The Joe Rogan Experience but I skip all of the episodes about MMA, and most of the ones with stand up comics

This.
Confucian texts have to be some of the most lucid ones ever produced in human thinking. It's not that hard to find a good translation with annotations on concepts like "ren" or what have you.
If it was some Taoist text, I would get their confusion, but the Confucius episodes just made me cringe.

a different 27 from op here. i agree bro yard work, driving, everything you said i listen a the gym too used to be music at the gym now its podcasts. podcasts i partake on include the partially examined life, Melvin "the interrupter" Bragg, sometimes scathing atheist just cos the cunts laugh is infectious and i love when someone passionately hates another group of people with all their soul, its beautiful. Any other good philosophy ones guys? i tried six pack philosophy it was alright but if you have ever listened you might have realised there was a woman on there. What can a woman know about philosophy amirite boys???

im samefag for jobs. Respect.

my brother my brother and me
special guest w/ lauren lapkus
doughboys
jordan jesse go
mike and tom eat snacks
spontaneanation

nothing can beat HH tho

Cum Town and Chapo for the irony poisoning. I wish they weren't mentioned in this thread so much because I feel like most of these posters don't deserve to know about them (no offence)

lmao retard. nice trips doe

I listened to some of chapo and it's just platitudinous leftist back-patting with quirky jokes. Can't imagine anyone wanting ot listen to 90 hours of this

Mysterium fasces, rome is burning, commonfilth(he stopped doe).

Also the usual popular ones like 99%invisible and criminal.