What the fuck happened to this board? I stopped using it for a few months and came back to awful shitposts...

What the fuck happened to this board? I stopped using it for a few months and came back to awful shitposts. There used to be at least a few good discussionstuff, now it seems like nobody has actually read any of these books.

Thanks for coming to save us.

What a coincidence. I stopped browsing since Winter, but decided to check Veeky Forums a few hours ago for the first time in forever, and you're completely right.

Right?
OP, if you think there's no discussion about lit, fucking start one you faggot.
Or get thee gone.

My man if you would like to discuss any of my favorite authors drop me a line. Quick rundown

Vollmann
Gaddis
Barth
Hawkes
Coover
Federman
Barthelme
Bernard
Gass

lol

Something is missing here...

If you fucking say talent I will trace your I. P. And find your address and come to your house and out fucking trump stickers all over your cars and Windows and doors and put trump information pamphlets in all your neighbors mailboxes and also ask them to come to the first official kkk town hall being hosted on your lawn a day from then .

Hey guys, how do I look well-read? Should I purchase frames to appear smarter? I was thinking of Oliver Peoples, but they're too small for my face shape. I have 20/20 vision, by the way.

Also, how do I appear pretentious? Is it possible to practice the art of pretension and be able to articulate your thoughts eloquently and extemporaneously?

Just keep doing what (You)r doing guy, its working very well already.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this.

Get persol frames and for pretension wear a blazer with shit that doesn't go with it. Also wear a scarf wrapped around your neck and have some.hair that drapes over your eyes that you always have to brush away

Talent

MAGA

I live in Arizona. Wearing a scarf is still acceptable so long as it's for the sole purpose of pretension, no?

And tips on mannerisms?

I think (You) do. But don't break character like this. Its important to always be self-important. Also, use big, superfluous words in normal conversation, like precipitation.
Your on the right track, (You)'ll do fine.

I was going to say the H.

Think your pretty funny I'm going to assume you are Andrew Thomas not dick thomas of 2971 runningbrook drive mississauga ontario l4w4x4. Your canadian. Well. This should be interesting.

Oh. Carry on then.

Dude, wtf how did you do that? I'm sorry, seriously. They're excellent writers.

Yeah you forgot the H in Bernhard ya silly. Listen if you like those writers check out Krasznahorkai and Sebald you will not be disappointed. Start with The Last Wolf & Herman for Krasznahorkai and Vertigo for Sebald.

A confluence of of people coming from /pol/ and /r9k/ and (former) locals leaving as a result. It is what it is what it is.

See, this is where I struggle. I have difficulty incorporating words from my verbal repertoire in spoken language, but not in the written form. I also tend to have large pauses when I talk, due to the fact that I cannot find grandiloquent words to say. (And when I do, it is already too late.) I try to practice in front of my mirror and webcam.

Aight sounds good. I will make a note and keep an eye out when I go to the used book store.

Yeah, McElroy.

Why are you being such a cunt?

No I'm serious. I'm not being snarky haha. I go do my rounds of the book stores once a week look king for shit.

And Veeky Forums had been overtaken by Christians and those pretending to be them. It was better when it was slower.

There's still some good, but it seems that after this last election cycle we've attracted a form of poster that only cares to share their politics and barely pieced together shit posts. Of course, in modern tradition, they will not discuss anything but rather turn it into an argument. The more heated the easier it is to fall back on "cuck" "neu male" "tumblr" and call it a day. It's a damn shame, because these posters will insert this into any thread they can. It's become a virulent form of attention grabbing and low level entrainment I guess.

user... it's always been bad. You're just seeing it with fresh eyes.

Can you explain why you like Federman? I like almost everybody else on your list but I gave Double or Nothing a fair shot and it did absolutely nothing for me. Didn't get past halfway.

I first visited the board in 2011, and during all the time from then until now there's always been people saying how much better the board used to be.

In reality it's always been as good/bad as it is now. There used to be lots of tripfags back in the day, at least we don't have that now.

That image is literally 1900s women vs 2000s women.

boobies

What do you think is wrong with the board?

Great tits.

>tfw ywn

Make the written word a constant curtain between yourself and other people. Never see them, and never let them see you. Order everything online. Be a complete held forever. Write the most powerful novel ever conceived, send actors to pretend to be the author, write even more powerful commentary on your own work. Die alone.

nah, Veeky Forums always seems like shit when you leave it and come back. You just forgot all the shit that you used to waste your time pilfering through and only remember the okay parts.