what did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=YQI80sKYyGQ

>vice

immediately closed the tab, none of that bourgeois nonsense for this guy

he's incredibly well-spoken

>reading list
>mentions only one and a half books
boy, vice is sure putting out quality content

Lmao these are the guys who declared mira the voice of our generation hahahajaja

I feel like someone with a decent amount of intelligence and a decent amount of ambition could take over Vice and usurp it. Everyone I encounter from their media group seems like a quirky sheep eager for a shepherd.

This guy is what happens when an undergrad becomes a grad student but remains an undergrad on the inside, so he just goes around going

>Ahh, yes, yes, Don DeLillo.. I have.. some major ISSUES.. with Don DeLillo..

all gnomically in a way that leaves you wanting more, like fuck, this guy read DeLillo a lifetime ago, and really thoughtfully took issue with the whole DeLillo Weltanschauung in there, has really fucking complex opinions about the shit and really engaged with the text on a one-to-one level

And then you remember, wait! This guy's a stupid fucking undergrad in a or suit jacket and he probably half-remembers a seminar where he half-read two thirds of the book and the professor's favorite scholarly consensus of the Five Standard Scholarly Consensuses on DeLillo was the one where DeLillo didn't anticipate some postmodern meta-meta-meta-thing and it turns out DeLillo's critique is actually flawed in some way, damn!

So this fucking guy goes around for the rest of his shitty life going hmm... hmm. ah.. yes, DeLillo.. good old Don DeLillo.. I must tell you the real scoop on him, some time..

Every single pasty faggot hipster who was a dork in his 20s and then hits his thirties and learns how to dress in a dressy-dorky way and goes around begging younger people to think he's a cool guy makes me want to puke. Usually these faggots are TAs or working some job with slightly younger people. And I am a pasty faggot twentysomething dork. If I ever find myself going around telling people I have "serious issues" with some book and then not explaining why, or wearing exquisitely carefully selected combinations of dressy and sloppy (but not TOO sloppy....) clothes, I'm going to cut my fucking dick off and eat it.

kek, this is pretty good user.

What's that Evola book where they chop off some guy's dick and make him eat it? I read that for class in high school and the teacher chuckled a bit when we got to that part. Pretty bad form

Need an opinion: if I sent an email to Vice where I spent almost all my words insulting them and calling them stupid, would they take me on as a correspondent?

pretty sure vice's is just a racket for employing unemployable millennials so you'd probably have better luck with pics of your sailor tats and the cat you named after vaporwave memes before vaporwave got commercial

without even opening the link I'm going to assume he's just saying it's pretty (as in purple prose)

Apparently he went to NYU and studied English Literature.

What about makes him a "hipster," though?

is that the college from indiana jones?

This is a good post.

>tfw 27 years old
too old for college and the college experience

It's really not that great. Chad and Stacey genocide when?

Im 25 and im thinking about going back to school.

I dont care about the whole experience though I think I just want a degree.

I think WE should do it user.

this

>makes me want to puke. Usually these faggots are TAs

It's true, I lived in NY for a year after highschool and the amount of NYU journalism grads who write freelance articles for Vice about legalizing weed is astounding. This guy sucks, but if you've met one nyu student you've met em all.

dude... people in their 60s go back to school

no one really gives a shit how old you are

Like a parody of Holden Caulfield. Ironically, really immature.

He's clearly not interested in learning. "The college experience" usually refers to paying well over a thousand dollars a month to sleep in some closet with a roommate and get so drunk on the weekends you vomit on the sidewalks around campus.

>that classroom
>recommends you a book and then tells you how it ends
>has anxiety reading a book about class because he's not working class
>finds comfort in being a fucking bohemian
>tattoos