Has anyone else experienced pic related? I'm currently doing a postgrad diploma in statistics as part of my PhD...

Has anyone else experienced pic related? I'm currently doing a postgrad diploma in statistics as part of my PhD. The lecture I have for the base module is chinese and mixes up yes and no, never mind shit to do with stats. She also has "accept the null hypothesis" written all over her lecture notes. One of the students called her out on it and she just stared at him dumbfoundedly.

My UNIX teacher is a poo-in-loo and it's hard to understand anything he fucking says.

My university has an Indian lecturer who doesn't answer any specific questions you ask him directly, but rather either repeats the question back to you or starts talking generalities, or switches the topic to something completely different. Complete impostor.

Are you a POOinLOO or Europoor?

Has anyone in a STEM major or program NOT had this?

About 1/3rd of my undergrad profs, TAs, and lecturers were FOB Chinese and one or two Indian.

In grad school, I've taken four classes and while none had profs that were hard to understand (one guy is korean but he supresses his accent reasonably well), I go to confrences that are REALLY hard, mostly again because of Chinese.

Europoor, senpai. I am a member of the island inhabited by potato niggers.

Boy am I glad I didn't fall for the petrol engi meme

Yeah, my econometrics professor is from China.

Really hard to understand sometimes, especially with a lot of the terminology

Intimidating guy. Doesn't afraid to make you feel bad for being stupid in front of the whole class

All my classes, except physics are pic related. Fucking Fob professors, why the fuck do universities hire them?

Because they can do research.

>learning Unix in uni
Trust me don't do this to yourself your learning old information. Learn yourself there's a lot of good Unix books online.

all I want is good grades and I don't have time to learn this shit in my spare time.

After 5 years in electrical engineering, I am actually decent at understanding and half communicating with my foreign professors, maybe I was lucky, but my Chinese and indian professors have nothing on how fuckin difficult it was to understand an old Lebanese professor. Of course if they just started learning fackin english then undoubtedly they will act like how you describe it.

Don't do it in your spare time do it while I. Class with him. You aren't gonna learn anything useful anywho

Thats a good plan

This

I did this through uni or just skipped and studied at home

yes and i stopped going to lecture.

I had a chemistry professor say, "co-al is a fu-el". I've never heard those words broken up into two syllables before.

I have an Italian lecturer that has an obvious accent and it only makes the lecture sound more fun
>eyyyyy eyyyyy

WHY ARE ALL COMPSCI LECTURERS POO-IN-LOOS?

No one wants shitty java devs for the price of good devs. they need jobs too. Also the reason why java is so shilled in unis

I had a lecturer in pharmaceutics who pronounced 'wet granules' as 'whyatt gran-yoo-les'.

Those were hard to get through.

I had a physics prof with a heavy european accent (German?). It was intro physics (double slit lmao) and I was just taking it as an elective so whatever.