Improving IQ

Hey Veeky Forums, brainlet here. I want to study math but I only have ~100 IQ. Any good methods for improving it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/DNB-meta-analysis
pnas.org/content/96/15/8790.short
pnas.org/content/110/11/4251.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352154615000157?via=ihub
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3258640/
gwern.net/DNB-FAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

take lots and lots of iq tests on facebook even. it's the only way
t former brainlet

Do you want to study math or pass iq tests? Study math if you want to get better at math, take iq tests if you want to get better at iq tests.

I've read a graph that said only 130+ IQ people can graduate math, and even then you need to have even higher IQ to actually make discoveries rather than just understand preexisting material.

Are you stupid? Maybe your iQ is sub 70

Feynman had an IQ of 126 :^)

that's not how IQ works
regardless, you clearly don't have what it takes to study math, so go ahead and give up on that idea now and save yourself some trouble
t. math phdfag

126 is almost 2 standard deviations above mine though, disregarding the fact that he probably had higher IQ than that.

Dual n-back training.

Doesn't work.
gwern.net/DNB-meta-analysis

>disregarding the fact that he probably had higher IQ than that
What makes you say that?

kek

If I'm reading this correctly (and I'm kind of skimming) this is only saying it won't increase fluid intelligence, but raw working memory is still pretty useful for maths.
That being said, if true brainlet, a digit span of 60 ain't going to fix that.

sorry, meant to reply to

Take Citicoline - that's a diet supplement that every neurologist I know recommends for issues with memory.

Lack of vitamin B6 can also make you constantly drowsy (which can be mistaken for being stupid). Normally you should get enough in you diet, but some people have trouble assimilating it from food and they need an additional source.

stop thinking about IQ and start studying whatever you want to study

if it's "too hard" you are probably delusional and you aren't actually interested in it, go smoke some weed or something instead

If I'll invest one week of my time to think about IQ and if I'll find a way to learn at least 1% faster, then this investment will become profitable after just 2 years.

After 10 years I'll gain a whole month. That's enough to learn touch typing, to learn how to drive a car, or to learn how to play some easy, popular songs on a guitar.
Or to just, you know, shitpost more on Veeky Forums.

knowing your IQ in no way provides any benefit to you, faggot
it's not like you can increase it at all; it is what it is, regardless of whether you test it or care about it

>knowing your IQ in no way provides any benefit to you, faggot
You seem to have some major problems with reading comprehension. This thread is about IMPROVING your IQ, not about doing IQ tests and learning what's your score. See: >it's not like you can increase it at all
Can you post any studies to back this opinion up? Or are you just shitposting?

Studies have shown that IQ remains static over a person's lifetime and no research has succeeded in increasing it.

if you find a way to reliably improve IQ, go ahead and collect your nobel prize right now
until then, have fun wasting your time worrying about something that statistically has been shown to be static, if not monotonically decreasing, over the lifespan of the individual

guess your IQ isn't really all that high huh

Fucking brainlets...
Fine I'll bite your bait for the sake of OP who's probably interested.

>Studies have shown that IQ remains static over a person's lifetime
As I said before, prove it. Post links to those studies, or it didn't happen.
I disagree with you, because I know studies showing that your IQ can change during your lifetime.

For example this study shows that IQ of neglected, retarded children have improved after adoption. How much their intelligence improved depended on how wealthy their new parents were:
pnas.org/content/96/15/8790.short
In other words your environment can change your IQ.

This study shows correlation between smoking marijuana and IQ decline:
pnas.org/content/110/11/4251.short
In other words drugs can affect your IQ.

This paper shows that exercising can improve cognitive functions:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352154615000157?via=ihub

This study shows that getting more education will improve your IQ:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3258640/

Your turn.

Microdosing LSA (different from LSD and easier to obtain) makes you legitimately more intelligent, at least temporarily. Its like your brain is on overdrive but not in a stimulant sort of way. If you are trying to figure out the proper dosage, try watching a tv show. If you can see the individual still frames of the show you are doing it right. The effect is easier to notice with animated shows, I recommend the Simpsons. A word of caution though, LSA is a vasoconstrictor, repeated dosing can lead to circulation issues and gangrene. Taking a vasodilator can lessen the effect but i wouldn’t recommend doing it more than 2 times a week regardless.

Lift weights

i'd tell you to watch rick and morty but it's not like you'd get it.

it's really amusing watching lower iqs pretend to enjoy watching rick and morty. if you're a high iq like me you can see it in their eyes they are struggling to enjoy it not even being aware the jokes that just fly over their heads. they'll laugh here and there to give the impression they get it but only by accident will they laugh after a joke. and you can tell it's fake. as if the fact that they laugh at the unfunny parts or over do it when i chuckle in my presence. when i laugh out loud (or lol as it's commonly referred to for those who don't know) they give me this dumb look like they're begging me to explain it to them. it's like they don't even understand that if i explain the joke it's not like they'd get it anyway.

Recently saw a post advocating for using the exercises on geniusintelligence.com, though I don't want to pay for something that isn't proven. Anybody know a place to torrent the program or something?

you know why people like to spout off about how they can't do anything about their IQ?

It gives them an out. It's an excuse to not have to work hard. Math takes a LOT of work if you're at a level that's challenging to you. People don't like to think and be challenged. It's a lot easier to say "oh I guess I just can't do it because my IQ is too low lol". It's way easier to say that to yourself than to actually try to think harder or work harder at something.

If you tell these people your IQ might be able to change then they feel threatened and react angrily at you, because now their excuse is gone and they're faced with the prospect of actually having to apply themselves.

What about those of us with 140+ IQ who believe that IQ cant change significantly? Whats your theory on us?

study complex and meaningful things your brain is not used to, like Christian metaphysics.

>What about those of us with 140+ IQ who believe that IQ cant change significantly?
Just because IQ test on facebook told you that you're smart, doesn't mean it's true.
Besides, even intelligent people can be ignorant. Idea that number of neurons doesn't change in human brain during his lifetime was disproved years ago.

But do you want to lie to people?

I love how everyone assumes the illegitimacy on Veeky Forums but those who meet me in real life assume im some kind of genius despite me never talking IQ to them. Nah, my IQ was verified by a professionally administered test in 2nd grade and then again last year by the mensa test. I scored 141 and 144 respectively. Mensa is stil trying to get me to join. So between 2nd grade and age 25, despite a large amount of education, my IQ changed a whopping 3 points. Those 3 points are likely due to differences in the test or my mood and are not anything permanent. Thats why im almost positive its a static number.

Here are some ways to improve your IQ:

Playing an instrument
Learning another language
And the dual n-back test (download it to your phone). This will improve your fluid intelligence by a handful of points if you practice consistently for about 20min a day.

High IQ server: mK4ztRN

>my IQ didn't change
>Thats why im almost positive its a static number
Oh boy. If you're telling the truth, then if anything, it proves that even people with high IQ can be ignorant.

Here's why your argument is retarded:
- It's a hasty generalization. Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean that it has to happen to everyone.
- It's an anecdotal evidence. There could be important factors that you forgot to mention.
- Availability bias. Your opinion is based on just a single case.
- Confirmation bias and cherry picking. You grabbed first "evidence" that would support your believes and stopped looking for more.

>despite a large amount of education, my IQ changed a whopping 3 points
Interesting. I guess that's because IQ isn't linear. It's much harder for you to get additional 5 points than for a normalfag with 100 IQ. Study showing that education significantly improves your IQ score (from ) was done on average people. Still though, your case doesn't prove much.

What if I told you that studying math will increase your IQ to 130

Actually, why wouldn't that work?
If you practice skills needed to get good IQ score, then you should get a better IQ score.

Right?

Idk user I'm pretty brainlet and always will be, srs

According to this test anyway

I'd ask you to prove it.

Concentration is one thing that pretty much is what intelligence is. The longer you can focus on something at a time, the more time your brain has to pick patterns out of the noise

this too. Read as much as you can about the topics and keep rereading till you understand.Break tough concepts down into the smallest pieces possible

this is retarded by LSA made my mind go slightly slower and I felt more 'in sync', and able to understand complex ideas

thiis. I see stupid people succeed in physics because they've been studying everything since they were 6

Dis is guud

How good is dual b back? Is it a meme?

Did it for the first time now and feeling mentally refreshed. Just a placebo or something more? Post your personal experiences.

well yeah, but that's cheating.

You can't improve your intelligence. However, you can train your math skills even with average intelligence. Want to get better at math? Then DO math. Honestly much of math is very simple and doesn't require you to be smart anyway. You just have to replicate a simple method or formula. So stop making excuses and shitposting on Veeky Forums and go study it.

Bumping for answer

probably not but it's worth a shot
gwern.net/DNB-FAQ

>Honestly much of math is very simple and doesn't require you to be smart anyway. You just have to replicate a simple method or formula

wow.

Why do people on Veeky Forums care so much about their IQ...? What difference does a 150 IQ makes if you are shitposting on Veeky Forums instead of doing something productive?

It had to do with mathematical symbols or something. Can anybody vouch for this website?

Because it's the only way someone lazy and unachieved can feel superior to others.

Ehh I am too stupid to even use unachieved correctly.

Not all math requires pattern recognition.

>thiis. I see stupid people succeed in physics because they've been studying everything since they were 6

curious, what is it that makes you think these people are "stupid" if they are succeeding in physics?

Ultimate redpill:
Your IQ doesn't matter and you should go do something important with your life.

A 170 IQ fool who spent their entire life circlejerking about it while being poor, obscure, and unsuccessful is easily trumped by a 110 IQ normal who worked hard their entire life and succeeded academically or otherwise.

Ultimatest redpill:
When 2 people with different IQ levels work just as hard trying to succeed academically, then the one with higher IQ will easily trump a 100 IQ normalfag.

Maybe your field isn't very competitive so it doesn't matter for you, but not everyone's so lucky.