Second attempt at looking for recomendations of specific works for the Theater

Hey Veeky Forums I know we mostly discuss novels and works of non-fiction, philosophy and whatnot, but I have recently become interested in reading some plays (pretty faggy, I know)...

Can anyone please help me out with any important works that I should pick up? I've already got the complete works of Shakespeare and some other scripts by O'Neill,Chekov, Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams and a few Greek playwrights like Sophocles and Euripides.

Who else should I check out? And what plays of theirs, SPECIFICALLY, should I read first?
I'm aware of plenty of names of playwrights but I am looking for recommendations for SPECIFIC plays.
Thank you kindly in advance

Picture completely unrelated

Obligatory Waiting For Godot by Samuel Beckett

And as for Greeks, don't forget Aeschylus and his Oresteia and Prometheus Bound. I've not read too many plays either, but to experience Goethe's masterwork of a play first read the play Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe and then Faust by Goethe. Another worth mentioning is Boris Godunov by Pushkin, even just for the Mussorgsky's incredible opera based on it with the same name

>tfw no barechested jabbercocky-riding gf
>tfw you will never be castrated by a woman as beautiful as her

Beckett - Waiting for Godot and Endgame
Edward Albee The Zoo Story and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Harold Pinter The Caretaker; The Birthday Party; The Homecoming
David Mamet Glengarry Glenn Ross
Arthur Miller Death of a Salesman; All My Sons
Georg Buchner Woyzzeck
Bertolt Brecht Mother Courage and Her Children; The Caucassian Chalk Circle; Galileo
Anton Chekov The Cherry Orchard; The Seagull; Uncle Vanya

Add George Bernard Shaw to your list, his plays are brilliant, a similar vein to Oscar Wilde I suppose. Don't start with Chekov, even though The Seagull is one of the best plays ever written. Might be good to familiarise yourself with the Theatre of the Absurd, depends what your interest is.

>some other scripts by O'Neill
The Iceman Cometh is my favorite O'Neill play, closely followed by Long Day's Journey Into Night

One of the most fun experiences I've had in reading is going through Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco

also Alfred Jarry's Ubu Roi is a classic for "what the fuck" lit

OP here

fucking FINALLY! Thank you kind anons for actually suggesting specific plays.

I may not have expressed exactly what I was looking for when I started this same thread yesterday. So I really appreciate all of you guys who actually helped me pick out some good recommendations.

But lets keep the thread going, I want as many recommendations as everyone out there has to give me. I'll never be happy until I've completely filled my hard drive with plays and books (you heard me right, I'm going to download pdfs, instead of buying physical books mwahahahahaha come at me all you Veeky Forums purists!!!!!)

The government inspector by Gogol is first-rate af

i fucking told you, History of the Fucking Devil by Clive Fucking Barker. evidently you didn't listen.

perhaps panto would be more your speed.

"BEHIND YOU, BEHIND YOU!"

(double take) "whhheeeerrrrrre?"

how dare you!!! am i too much of a newfag to not get it?

ummm there were no search results for clive fucking barker, i'm not sure where i went wrong...

sike nigga, you were the only one haha
i downloaded it last night, don't worry it's on my list now
so i appreciate the recommendation

You mean Dead Souls, right?

OP here again
Just realized that I included you in my mass reply to everyone thanking them for their suggestions.
So I'd just like to let you know that I truly appreciated your reply more than all the other actual helpful replies. (I'm not even being sarcastic)
Keep up the good work!

No, I mean exactly what I said, faggot.

Dead Souls is not even a play, you dumb faggot.

*glares* well.. good.

pic related.

I would pay money to see Clive Barker having sex with Clive Barker.

you tell that faggot!

i actually lied, i downloaded the daniel defoe book called history of the devil by accident...
do you know where I can find a pdf file of the play?

bump

im going to sleep
i would love to wake up to some more good recommendations in the morning

pretty please