Which is his best work and why?

Which is his best work and why?

Agape(,) a(A)gape.\(!)
Most Bernhardian

I would say J R because it's constantly good. The recognitions has better ideas and says more about society and is probably more important. But the recognitions drags on. But fuck it's 900 pages what do you expect. But J R is way funnier and is a wild ride from start to finish. You never want to put it down. All the characters are hilarious and likeable. I found a lot of the characters annoying and shitty in the recognitions.

>ideas

lol

Suck a dick faggot I'm not a genious like you.

> the recognitions drags on
Where?
>I found a lot of the characters annoying and shitty in the recognitions.
Who?

wyatt

Okay your taking that the wrong way. I liked the recognitions. It's one of the greatest books of all time. But I found the last quarter of the book a drag. After the epic return home for wyatt nothing was that great. I liked when recktall Brown had his accident. But I found the Stanley storyline boring. Max was unlikable, Stanley was, Otto was, wyatt sometimes was, I dunno a lot of the characters I didn't lik that's why I said they were shit. I didn't mean that i guess. I just didn't like them. But I do love the book. I just love J R. It's my favorite book. All the characters are hilarious.

Bump

No you are taking my post the wrong way, all I did was ask clarifying questions, you assumed whatever else you are responding too. I haven't read JR so maybe The Recognitions is boring by comparison but I can't imagine not finding the Stanley storyline interesting. His slips into madness on the boat are some of the most nuanced prose sections, containing some of the most visually evocative metaphors out of the whole book (think of Stanley's heart corresponding to the boat engine). I also never really understand when people say that the characters are unlikable as if it is a criticism, its an unfinished statement, what is the implication of them being unlikable that you think is bad or don't like?

But you read the book so you're alright by me user, I'm gonna start on JR after I finish Der Mann Ohne Eigenschaften.

See this is why I love the recognitions. Everyone has they're own take on it. It's a book that begs to be discussed. And you make good points. I can't wait to read read it.

Have you faggots seriously not read gaddis. You entry level mother fuckers.

I have not read him and I am entry level. You made a great point.

Are you posting in the right thread?

Wtf

correct. thread closed.

Only if you read everything else first

ive only read the opening pages of his books and i agree with this

You guys are retarded

Incredibly wrong fucking kill your self

Your question was legitimately incoherent.

How could you possibly this ruffeathered?

JR probably.

why is his dialogue so GOOD, lads

He's is the master. J R holy

The Silmarillion

This really is a stretch. It's hardly funny even when you know what you're meming.

-I.... well... it's
-No.

L I T E R A T U R E

I've read all his published novels except for Carpenter's Gothic. I have a great sentimental appreciation for The Recognitions, JR is maybe technically better as others have said but I found it more bitter, more urban, quick-paced, biting and more dazzling. The Recognitions is slower, statelier, and the characters more touching and human ... well, some of them, anyway.

It's really hard, I'd put them both at about the same, actually, because JR is really great, too.