Can someone explain why Veeky Forums hates on engineering so much

Can someone explain why Veeky Forums hates on engineering so much

they caused five of my cross-listed math classes (multivariable calc, real analysis, linear algebra, cryptography, complex analysis) to get watered down

relax bro, it's just banter

>engineering students commit highly disproportionate amounts of homosexual on campus rape compared to other majors
>engineering students are all virgins
>engineering students can't into math at above a high school level
>engineering students are playing with adult legos, they just have to find a mathematician or scientist who will willingly give them a kit to build
>engineering students are all gay
what's there to like?

Is it?

You can't be a virgin and a rapist, user

gay sex doesn't count

>>engineering students commit highly disproportionate amounts of homosexual on campus rape compared to other majors
Ugh, not sure what kind of school you go to but that doesn't happen.
>>engineering students are all virgins
Nope. I'm no Chad but I've had sex with several girls.
>>engineering students can't into math at above a high school level
Literally me though. But that's because I was in the army for a long time and had to start over from the bottom and relearn everything I forgot over the years.
>>engineering students are playing with adult legos, they just have to find a mathematician or scientist who will willingly give them a kit to build
If by Legos you mean advanced computer systems and such then you're right.
>>engineering students are all gay
Nope.
>what's there to like?
Creating things that will change the world and improve life.

see? this is what I mean. what's there to like?

Scientists are literally just mad brokebois sitting at their bench beancounting and calling engineers gay virgins cause they're in denial that engiChad is using their gf as his personal BDSM sub daily
Also everyone on Veeky Forums is a freshman retard

This

enigneers make machines and dont get to use them or own them because they're KEKS

It all comes from the fact that the barrier to entry for a successful engineer is lower than a successful researcher.

All you have to do to be a successful engineer is graduate from undergrad and have had a couple of internships, maybe some neat competitive STEM club you were in and won some competitions or whatever, and get a job at any number of the companies that need engineers, and you're basically an engineer. There, you design some significant parts or invent something here or there if you're good, and you're successful. You'll never not have a job. You won't have any financial troubles. You're already doing fine at like 25-30 years old and aren't even though with half of your life yet.

To be a legitimate researcher, undergraduate degrees are just the prerequisite. You have to get into some grad school program, have recommendations, get grants, get your PhD, become a post-doc, and do all of this shit and work your way up to being a tenured professor or whatever. THEN are you considered successful. IF you get this far, you're 40 by then. The engineer counterpart has been making more than you this entire time by quite a lot.

This lower barrier to entry makes a lot of the science and math engineers learn a bit elementary in comparison to what researchers go through. It's supposed to be that way. It's not the engineers primary concern or job, but researchers get to shit on engineers because of this fact. Lots of engineers take dumb jobs for the money too. You can't do that very much in research positions.

TL;DR the bar is raised in research by a lot

Because this

Please tell me how anyone else gets to use their creations shitgum

Try leaving the cave and becoming rich as fuck. A la mystic jewish rituals

>pic

Do they call him "Props" for short or just "Mr. Gov?"

FPBP

>implying there's no such thing as engineering research
>implying there isn't a vast majority of faggots who get a BA/BS in chem and call themselves scientists
>implying anyone on Veeky Forums isn't a lower division brainlet who has any authority to act like a big tuff PhD student

This is the actual reason why people don't like engineers, they're fucking autistic

Have you ever heard of books?

>Have you ever heard of books?
What does that have to do with my post?

His point is to read some advanced material yourself you brainlet
Appreciate the GPA boost

>His point is to read some advanced material yourself you brainlet
Why do you assume I didn't?

>calling engineers autists
i'm double-majoring in maths and mech.E and while there definitely are some autists in engineering nothing will compare to when i was in the 3rd year physics room. It was heavy

Because the attitude in your post implies that you feel deprived of education in more advanced topics

Side note: anyone in engineering, science, or math calling anyone else autistic is the definition of the pot calling the kettle black

enjoy it while it lasts
as you go into industry the autists fade away

i really miss studying physics. not just the physics though. the kid that wore a cloak instead of a coat in the winter. the other kid that only wore shorts. that one kid from africa that never spoke in the 4 years but smoked everyone on all tests. that one insanely hot eastern european girl that was actually pretty lonely because everyone was terrified to talk to her.

bacj when i could not shave for months, never wear deoderant, and nobody would notice or give a fuck.

never leave the ivory tower user.

Only learned science and math to make dope ass money, brah. That faggot nerd shit is for loser time wasters and hobbyists if you're not doing it for anything else then to make bank. They should dedicate themselves to fitness instead.

>bacj when i could not shave for months, never wear deoderant, and nobody would notice or give a fuck.
THOSE were the days

>friend majoring in physics once said, upset:
"engineers only are about formulas they can use"

>be engineer... hardly even use math :(
nothing past algebra. so much for 2ys calc, dif Eq/ Lin Algebra.

>engineering students commit highly disproportionate amounts of homosexual on campus rape compared to other majors
>engineering students are all virgins

Welcome to sci where, according to the retards here, you can somehow both be a rapist and a virgin at the same time.

T H I S
H
I
S

>engies have gay sex but they all are virgins
How do we do it?

Some people think being a virgin only means not doing coitus i.e. penile-vaginal penetration.

copulation between the thighs

What if it is a failed rape? Or perhaps a quantum rape?

Probably because you can take people with more than a few types of degrees, and they will get paid highest to lowest based on some combination of perception and closed culture. Currently engineers are the patron saints, even if they are effectively doing the same job. Why do you think there are suddenly like a hundred different type of engineering degrees now?

By that logic, all gay men and women who have never fucked the opposite sex are virgins.

Yes and?
It's like you never met a catholic girl who was 'saving herself'

talking about successful research and posting on Veeky Forums

stop pretending

just become a geologist lel

!

>Appreciate the GPA boost
you mean appreciate the watered down toilet paper degree.

>engies have gay sex but they all are virgins

By CircleJerking

But all Veeky Forumsentist here CircleJerk too.

No one looks at your degree, unless it's from some top school. It's the skills and projects (research and other ones) you have and do are what matters.

This

Just ask to feminist.

Hey math is complex but just crush number I am Engineering maybe mathematics or Physics working on a lot variable derivates or triple integral, but meh math is just crushing number some don't begin useful and no creative, engineering build future of human inside stupid nerds just compute derivates and integral.

What if I study something like material science which combine both, scientific and engineering subjects? What am I then?

>mfw fellow mechE students run and hide at the sight of fluid mechanics

they're easy targets and it's funny to rile them up

kek at all the engineers replying to this mediocre bait

This guy engineered a nice b8

success breeds jealousy

fluid is the simplest shit. easier than electrical for sure and def easier than kinomatics

fucked

>>engineering students are playing with adult legos, they just have to find a mathematician or scientist who will willingly give them a kit to build
this is directly copied from some Big Bang Theory line, post dismissed.

then the problem is not with engineers but with you for pursuing a career in science when you are clearly a brainlet who can't keep up.

You fucking retards. The reason Veeky Forums shits on engineers is because most of you are legitimately autistic and can't handle the banter. You go off on a tangent about salaries and difficulty as if it matters at all. It doesn't.

t. Mechanical Engineer

>Can someone explain why Veeky Forums hates on engineering so much

They're jealous they didn't pick a major that actually has job opportunities and an upper middle class career track.

So its jealousy speaking.

>eating the bait
Return to reddit immediately

math and science = try to understand the world and find deeper meaning

engineers = avoid understanding why things work and try to turn every problem into memorizing an equation

if you show a maths student some new math they will question why it works and want a proof and be fascinated by the logic behind it

if you show an engineer new math they just say "GIBBE EQUATION" before plugging it into their TI85 and spitting out the answer without a second thought

That's why any maths or physics class full of engineers was lame as fuck

confirmed BBT viewer
>How's 11th grade a second time around?

you'd know huh faggot?

confirmed undergrad

We don't hate engineering. We hate engineers.
>>engineering students are all gay
If engineering students were cuteboys, they'd be more liked.