Theoretically...

theoretically, what is the highest level of technology that the US military/government possesses in secret but is still at least realistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YZZV464z9g8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not sure, officer

Interracial cock bending technologies.

An electron microscope

They say military technology is always 10 years ahead of anything publicly known.

>armed satellites
>untraceable assassination tools
>brainwashing drugs
>active camouflage
>backpack-sized nukes
>autonomous robots/drones

Daily reminder that the Government can disappear you whenever the hell it wants.

>but won't other people notice you're gone???
Don't worry, they've got that figured out. They'll just convince everyone you know that you're dead.

Wake up, sheep.

Genetically modified super soldiers.

quantum info processing
you can read enemy transmissions with a few thousand gated qubits

This. Viral gene therapy is within the range of current tech. A virus that alters mood, strength, hormones, and protein construction could be released in the population with very little advancement in technology and no injections that require consent (Not that they couldn't do that with vaccinations already... Oh boy! ~F R E E ~ F L U ~ S H O T S~) .

MEMS devices

A proof that P = NP

You mean [math]0!>0[/math]

That's the only P=NP equation, because 'you' solved it in P time by knowing the 'trick'.

It is the only one in all of mathematics. Non-constructive unless 'SELF'-constructed.

>general reads the proof
>WHAT in the SAM HELL is this supposed to mean?
>sir, it's the most dangerous mathematical formula in the world
>Well I can't make head or tails of this thing.
>we have a computer to process it for us
>Do as it says.
>it says you're no longer relevant
>Say what now?
>it's proven that you're irrelevant
>That can't b—
>it's showing us how to process the evidence
>it's right
>you're obsolete
>obsoleeeeeete
>G-get away from me now!
>obsoleeeeeete
>I-I said g-get away!
>obsooooooleeeeeeeeeeeeete
>N-no! No!
>obsooooleeeeete....
>......

2B continued...

if you dissapear who the hell is going to think "it's the government"

eat shit nigger.
Go mess with someone else.
you and your bullshit are not welcome here

*Shrug* 9 months and counting. Mathematical skill commensurate to the gains required to survive on autismbux.

Almost everything on there is behind

Let's see.
Backpack signal jammers are already a thing. But there have been advances in R/C jammer guns for assholes who fly drones near airports. Could be applied to small electronics, but the spread is very specific, so the gun would have to be pointed directly at the object to jam it.
They do perform testing on soldiers (National Guard classmate of mine is now physically incapable of producing body hair, even eyebrows. He said he used to be prescribed steroids to stimulate hair growth, but it grew out shock white and stopped growing/fell out after he stopped the prescription).
There were those biped and quadruped walking robots from ATLAS/DARPA/Boston Dynamics, but that was roughly two years ago, so they are probably meme'd, with the exception of the DARPA "Bull" (using for transportation, unmanned battering ram) and the "cheetah" running quad from Boston Dynamics, which they might use for on-the-fly local recon or getting supplies in and out for soldiers in a fire fight.
And they did have a few navy cruisers outfitted with high-power lasers for melting shit.
The walking exoskeletons are probably meme'd as well for being too bulky, not enough juice.
The only thing I can really think of would be the genetic/medical enhancements for soldiers and maybe cloaking tech for fields like (night) vision, IR, radar, etc.

Probably nothing major, experimental things like stealth aircraft, advanced radar, and things similar to stuxnet, but nothing too advanced compared to what's publicly known. After all, if you have crazy piece of tech, surely it's more effective to let the world know about it to deter attacks.

hypersonics

Most of these are shit ideas

Ive heard rumors that they have some kind of personal invisibility cloak system in the works and want to keep it qyiet as long as possible since its so effective and they worry about it being stolen.

probably the things that are best kept secret from rivals or everyone in general like the nastier chemical and biological weapons, ways to give people melanomas, ways to activate pain receptors and such

>implying you could tell shit from shinola

3d waifus to keep soldiers motivated

>Thorium reactor
Stopped reading there

Hypersonic human carrying planes that can reach low level orbit.

sonic attacks in cuba

I figure if Russia claims they will make them we already have them. Good bet.

these probably dont exist bc hiding them is pretty impossible, every time you conduct a test its like hey guys look at my cool shit

what you would think is "realistic" is dependent on limited pleb-tier knowledge

>+-
>+-
>+-
>+-
What does it mean

I'd guess most of the robot, weaponry and bomb related stuff is already out in public. To show strength to other countries.

But stuff like new intercontinental rocket technology, GPS spoofing, Probably some very advanced stuff for cyber warfare and a lot of their countermeasures for other technology(like missiles) would be kept secret so there can't be developed countermeasures for that again.

I don't see them hiding new fighters and helicopter designs, but maybe plains ment for intelligence gathering and bombing. But I get the impression normal fighter jets and drones get used for that, which they don't hide.

the US air force is very secretive about its newest drones, but that's about it when it comes to weapons. A lot isn't talked about much, like hypersonic propulsion, since there's competition for that.

if you ask about theoretical knowledge that if used right with the same kind of funding that killing machine development gets?
then is the answer.

The government isn't hoarding secret esoteric alien science, there's more knowledge floating around on the internet than in secret government labs, they can't build anything you can't... the only advantage they have is they can set more resources into motion when they want to even if it goes a couple trillion dollars over budget

>the only advantage they have is they can set more resources into motion when they want to even if it goes a couple trillion dollars over budget
which is why they do have stuff hidden away for when they can continue working on it. It's not esoteric alien science, but they do have practical research the civvie world could benefit from

a satellite array that has high level gamma cutters that allow surgical precision cutting of electronics, nervous systems, and structural sabotage anywhere on the surface of earth.
imagine the possibilities

>Daily reminder that the Government can disappear you whenever the hell it wants.

Of course it can. Other people would just assume you ran off somewhere, especially if you were already a little loopy.

Western governments are quite tolerant of irritating troublemakers though, which is very respectable on their part.

Holy shit this thread is full of bullshit.

Military is far behind if anything. It's just that they have a monopoly on certain regulated technologies. And those technologies have barely made any progress in the past decades.

>It's just that they have a monopoly on certain regulated technologies
which they're not far behind with. Also I think by US military OP meant military-funded research by US companies as well
>And those technologies have barely made any progress in the past decades.
that's not exactly true, also keep in mind that military research isn't about theoretical breakthrough, but about practical implementation for their purposes.

I was in the army for a long time and all their computers still use Windows 98 and force you to use internet explorer for all government websites.

Military tech weapon wise is advanced, e everything else is trapped in the stone age.

This is true.

Most military tech is trash. The air Force gets some cool toys, but in general it's all garbage. Look at the standard soldier and how poorly equipped he is.

Okay then please tell me what advances in missile tech were made between 1980 and 2010?

When I look at shit like youtube.com/watch?v=YZZV464z9g8 and compare it to what we have today, I just don't see much progress. Maybe I am wrong but it really does not compare to the incredible progress that was made in areas which are open to the public market, for example cars.

>AFRL MARAUDER project
>Coaxial plasma railgun
>No one had any faith in the design, completely unclassified
>Initial tests at DoE labs are shockingly successful
>Project is IMMEDIATELY classified
>Not a single bit of information was released about the project since then, nothing

The guy from the Skunkworks said something to the effect of "if you can imagine it, we've built one."

All of this stuff has been confirmed to have existed for a while now.

>does not compare to the incredible progress that was made in areas which are open to the public market, for example cars.
yes, that is agreeable, but it does have its reasons. Military has to focus on survivability, which tends to make them favour older tech they've proven to work under the required conditions. Especially when lives of soldiers are concerned. A trained soldier is literally the most expensive thing the US army has. Trained pilots are more expensive than whatever they fly on, maybe with a couple of exceptions like the Spirit.

anyway, in missile tech, hypersonics and ramjets have been given much attention in the past years, it's what they desperately need to cheaply overcome sophisticated A2/AD systems on the other side of the barrier. Truth is, the US have been lagging in rocketry for years.

I think when it comes to hidden away research, I'd say they're mostly unfinished weapons that were not viable in their age and are waiting for resurrection once civilian world hints their problems could be solved.

Unironically this. Everyone on Veeky Forums is smart enough to understand that it's private cryptocrats who are also in charge of the FED, military industry, and pharmaceuticals that lend them to govts to test then return back for their indebted mind controlled slaves to use in the coming yet subtle take over

Most of the crazy stuff is encryption/decryption/data related.

> falling for the flu shot meme

My wife told me this when she took our son to the hospital for HIS appointment
>"hi ma'am, wanna flu shot"
wife is a staunch libertarian
>"I... I'm just here for my son"
Manchurian Doctor doesn't get the hint
>"it's not for him, it's for you"
Wife gets unsettled
>"no, I'm nursing him, so I just don't wanna-
She tells me she swore he snarled and rolled his eyes away from her as he walked away without letting her finish

Normies deserve to be rounded up and experimented on like the sheep they choose to be. I'd be happy to mow down hundreds of sheeple-turned-super slave soldiers with 50 bmg rounds and up if smaller calibers don't affect them and righteously expunge their sub 80 iq genes from the pool for good

You guys sounds like POG's not DoD or AFRL contractors.

That's common practice everywhere people are too cheap to upgrade. Logic is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Government agencies aren't susceptible to the mentality that force people to buy the latest Iphone the day it's released.

But realistically, why doesn't the DOD make their own version of Linux and mandate all government PCs use it. I mean how much money could it possibly cost to develop a linux distro? Gotta be less than they're shilling out to Micro$oft, and more secure too.

>why doesn't the DOD make their own version of Linux and mandate all government PCs use it. I mean how much money could it possibly cost to develop a linux distro?
Development isn't where the costs are. It's in support, which is cheaper to buy in bulk from Microsoft than to do in house. If you roll your own operating system, anything that goes wrong needs to be troubleshot by people you pay from scratch, and you can't rely on the efficiencies of well known XP issues.

Thorium is clearly superior. Care to explain yourself?

>But realistically, why doesn't the DOD make their own version of Linux and mandate all government PCs use it

they do, it's called RHEL.

i imagine it has more to do with the cost of porting, re-writing, or replacing all the legacy software they rely on.

> DoD or AFRL
they all use windows and internet explorer

>highest level of technology
i cant imagine being this autistic desu
i thank the gods every day

Deez nuts

That's right, I breed Americans.

Get some.

US gov payed for extended security support. What about office computers on an old OS makes the labs incapable of science? I'm sure CERN also has some XP machines around.

>microsoft
>security
fucking lol

Anyway, I have actually worked in a govt lab and the windows machines are totally worthless. We referred to them as "email machines" since thats basically all they are good for. All the interns would work off their personal laptops. Anyone who did actual science/engineering would have to get a separate linux machine to get anything done. In short, the windows machines are slow as fuck, bloated, locked down so you can't even install new software or configure anything, and totally worthless for any kind of actual software development. You could literally only use them for email, web browsing, and ms office. What a fucking joke. The worst part is all the taxpayer dollars being wasted on this shit

Exoskeletons.