Schools and Goals

Where does Veeky Forums study?

What degree?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

> Where does Veeky Forums study?
Meme State University
> What degree?
Memetics
> What do you want to be when you grow up?
A Meme widely popular on Internet

>National University of unimportant country
>Mathematics
>Research mathematician, professor.

>studying
lol nerd

Geology in a state university in northeastern burgerland

Where: 5th most populated public state university of U.S., at least in 2013.

What: Electro-Mechanical Engineering Tech (was originally going for B.S. in ME, but Theo Calc 2 and Matrices took turns buttfucking me throughout my freshman spring semester)

Growing up: Building/designing robotics. Dream job would be working on a full-body master-slave control system for life-sized (or larger) humanoid robots. Think "shadow boxing" from Real Steel, but you don't have to stay in it's line of sight.

>Where does Veeky Forums study?
Ivy League university, top 10 in field
>What degree?
Ph.D., interdisciplinary program between physics/applied math/chem-e/mech-e.
>What do you want to be when you grow up?
Engineering analyst/applied mathematician. If academia, mathy professor in mech-e or chem-e department.

Undergrad school cali. Most people on Veeky Forums don't want to admit when they are undergrad.
>What do you want to be when you grow up
Hopefully something in population biology since that has always interested me. I hope there are jobs in it.

University of Utah
Mechanical Engineering
Happy

>University of Sydney
>Bachelor of Science, majoring in Neuroscience
>Probably a hairdresser, I don't want to use my brains anymore, just want to live comfortably and impulsively till I die

mormon detected

>MIT
>Theater Arts
>I don't know

>want to be an astronaut
>1 in 100000 chance

plus im pretty sure im too tall to fit any capsule.

Imma studyinga chemistryuh via uh chemistryuh degrea anda eyea wanta bea watera qualityuh managera

If you go to space will you make a thread about it on Veeky Forums? That would be a fun thread seeing someone hotglue an anime figure in zero G.

i want to be a computer engineer
i will most likely never be a computer engineer

>Robotics and AI
>AI engineer or maybe starting an AI business

i'm too dumb for circuits

>Balkan Uni whose nameisn't worth mentioning
>Physics...
>Tony Stark
Fuck you, I've been dreaming about this since I read Ellis' Extremis back in 2005. YOU CAN'T KILL MY DREAMS!!11!1ONEELEVENONE!

This
I'm 6'8" and always considered it to be unrealistic because of job difficulty but now I realise I could probably pull it off but I'm too tall

UK A levels (year 2)
Maths Further maths Physics Chemistry Comp sci Music
Just applied Cambridge for maths

Germany, RWTH-Aachen
Computer Science
I mainly want to do research or DataScience later, not too much coding
Maybe I'll switch to math soon

Mizzou, kill me please

Mech. Eng. with a minor in Physics

I would like to work in materials or ceramics

Dont go here for anything.

Do you need some muscle over there?

i will be enjoying my anger this morning

But seriously why is your university like cuck central?

That requires nearly an entire thread to answer properly, so I'm sorry for the cop-out answer.

I might create a thread later in the day to discuss political atmospheres within the Universities and how it affects studies. Our current Grad. students are getting bent over by mis-management. And the University is continuously investing into more useless administration to be perceived as more successful. You have to remember (or know) that >we are the number one rated university for journalism. Which is an absolute joke given that degree holds no merit in any sense given an English major would be more knowledgeable over how to write properly. And even then, everyone within the STEM field here learn how to write different forms of papers whether is be Abstract Analysis or Peer Reviews. The whole thing is kind of a mess.

Tried to sage out of courtesy, but i guess thats no longer a thing.

( This is where I'm going to be studying next year because student exchange is dope af and so worth the gap year/defferal plus im a year younger than my graduating year so I might aswell take a year off. I could go on a whole new post about exchange but I wont.)

CU Boulder AKA People's Republic of Boulder

Major in Physics, Minor in NO fucking clue because idkI've got time to decide

Future...? I've been thinking a lot about being an Astronaut I know its entirely possible but most people I tell this to laugh because A: I'm just out of high school and not even in college yet. B: Because who wants to be an astronaut nowadays be realistic and get a real job. That's some 10 or more years off and in between that I'd like to get my Ph.D. in some field I enjoy, I've been really into Quantum mechanics recently along with a host of other stuff because Taiwanese high school is the most boring thing on the planet. In the span of a month, I've been so bored that I taught myself Orbital mechanics ((partially)) from the Brown textbook on spacecraft mission design (Really easy to learn from surprisingly, thanks mom) and I have been refreshing my notes on relativity to be more in-depth and include explanations for all of the equations. I have 10 more months of this school, I'm glad I like learning

Sorry for the long post had to rant a little bit but yeah I kind of have lofty ambitions but I'm not afraid of them and feel if I put in time and dedication I can achieve them, hopefully.

The easiest way to destroy yourself is to start out by giving yourself high goals. If your goal is to be an astronaut then while in college every time you fail an exam it won't be "Oh, I failed an exam", it will "Oh fuck, I'll never be an astronaut and my dreams have just been crushed for life". You should be careful with that.

I think you should start lower. "My goal is to get a degree". Doesn't that sound better? Academia is all about how long can you resist becoming jaded as fuck. If you become jaded as an undergrad then you will hate yourself for life for not making it to NASA. Take a chill pill.

I study at UCLA, senior in pure math; I'm applying to master's programs right now hopefully I'll go to CSULB - after that I'll apply to PhD programs.