New form of transportation?

Russians are apparently gonna build this thing. How the fuck does it work?!?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yAuO2sjyEU
youtube.com/watch?v=x45yDus7h80
youtube.com/watch?v=gIJaG7X6918
youtu.be/UZbqsYYapW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More important than how it works is what happens when it stops working.

Yeah those aerodynamics aren't going to drastically reduce fuel efficiency

It's literally just a shittily designed monorail

One more...
is this gyroscopic motion?

>take train
>make it worse
So this is the power of Russian ingenuity...

Seems like a great way for hundreds of people to die for no good reason.

So, this is basically a train, with the added feature of falling over at the earliest convenience and killing or injuring those on board? I rather doubt the Russians would seriously want to build this.

>no source

>only has one single entrance for this huge space
Yeah that design is really the worst.

Why? It looks like a less areodynamic, less safe, train.

Seems like it's a worse idea than ATSTs.

how is this called?

this is another bullshit project form russians:
youtube.com/watch?v=2yAuO2sjyEU
This one had much publicity in europe, this is basically a pyramid scheme, they offer astronomical return on investment, etc. but doesn't show anything working.

It doesn't. But it's also very expensive and will effectively line various pockets.

I assume this is just a bait to waste taxpayers' money. Just like that chinese bus which was supposed to let cars under it through.
Nicely presented scam.

Finally. A slower, shittier monorail.

What the fuck is the advantage?
They'd need some rather large rotating wheels.

this would require some fancy big gyroscopes to stay upright around any kind of corner.

Who projected it is a idiot who doesn't understand anything about Mechanical Engineering (Aerodynamics, Structural Mechanics)

This shit is fucking Unstable. No way to stabilize that.
The friction with the air, the structural stability. Everything is wrong with that design.

a gyro would do what your asking

don't be so pessimistic.

For you?

It should use two rails with interlocking wheel assemblies so if the gyros fail it will not completely derail.

>Everything is wrong with that design
Except, if it was up and running and safe, you would ride it.

>Build a monorail track on a beach
wat
>Run gigantic vehicle directly over peoples heads
nah m8 I'm out

>single rail to reduce mechanical inefficiency
>harness that freed up energy to drive a giant gyro that stops the thing from toppling over and fucking everyone up

good trade.

>How the fuck does it work?!?!
You pretend to do the job, then run away with the money. Works great every time, given you choose the right moment.

Very simple. It doesn't. Yeah let them build it. It's not like their country is poor as shit and would have better uses for money than wasting it on stupid fantasies.

>Russians are apparently gonna build this thing
no, they aren't. It's this video-tier
youtube.com/watch?v=x45yDus7h80

Can I get one of those? They're adorable.

That looks hella fancy. I wonder if the gun design could work. Looking at another video, it seems to levitate spherical grenades in front of the breech and launch them out with air pressure. I'm not sure if that's a sound principle or something has been omitted. It's basically a giant BB gun with a fuckknows autoloader.

I don't know, at times it seems it has a star wars-style blaster cannon
youtube.com/watch?v=gIJaG7X6918
this guy's shit is ridiculous
got a link to that video you speak of? I can't find it

youtu.be/UZbqsYYapW4

I looked it up because I was wondering why it had the cone protecting the barrel. It turns out that without the cone, the barrel opens straight into the magazine. So it makes some sense.

Should we tell Russians about trains?

apparently, the thing with a cone is a grenade launcher and
> the barrel opens straight into the magazine.
I think you overestimate the man's attention to relevant detail

>be a kid on the beach
>have a hand
>jump and grab rail because you're a kid and want to show off how cool you are
>stop having a hand

>Be Russian politician
>Several kids lose limbs because of plan I signed off on
>Continue being Russian politician

There isn't very much detail there, but the video says something with air pressure and it makes sense the conehead is there for protection.

I think he made up something vaguely sensible that would get him out of modeling an autoloader and breech that would interfere with elevation of the gun.

>pic

I wonder what the hole in the back of it means or how exactly does the projectile enter the barrel instead of hitting a wall

rofl. how big is the torque the monorails have to apply?

It's for the vision blocks I think.

If you wonder about how the projectile is going to get into the barrel, think about what's going to happen when the barrel is elevated to vertical!

>is ruski pneumagic levitation

it's just an artist's shitty mockup, user

Either an uselessly complicated design based on electromagnets, or more likely a simplification for the purpose of representation which excludes the loading mechanism. Also I don't see the point of round shells, is it a paintball toy or something?

>Also I don't see the point of round shells
to kill M1s roaming the streets, of course
let's stop looking for points, I think we'd have to come up with a complex conspiracy theory to excuse these kinds of inventions

These video files might just be the single most autistic thing that I have ever seen on Veeky Forums. and I've been browsing Veeky Forums regularly since early 2004.

Cringe...looks like the transport equivalent of an infomercial.

I can only imagine, the spoilt child of a Russian elite produced this nonsense.

Public transport solutions are often just adaptations to poorly planned infrastructure. This is what happens when you let students of economics and humanities dictate societies path forward.