What do you think of this book?

I need your perspective on this Veeky Forums. Is it scientifically accurate and is it helpful IRL?

>groundbreaking
>redefines smart
>emotional intelligence
Yeah nope. I obviously haven't read it but judging from the cover it is a bunch of crap. If there is anything valuable at all in it you could probably sum it up in half a page instead of making a long book about it.

That's what I hate about so many pseudoeducational bullshit books. They take a couple sentences and elongate them into an entire book that just wastes your time.

I haven't read this book but I've seen it floating around on the internet. Daniel Goleman has some background in psychology/neurology so it's not 100% bullshit.

If I were OP, I would be looking at what Charles Duhigg has wrote. It's really good. Any self-help book founded on psychology/neurology is worth its weight imo.

Thanks for the opinion. I've read around and its mostly backed by research. But, I'm not really 100% sure yet.

Back in my day emotional intelligence was being a "people person "or "social". But now every needs to be intelligent I guess. I wish things went the other way around so I could call myself "mathematically social" and "mathematically athletic". It would also be fun to call EQ "Emotional autism" but that will never make it in the books. Oh well. I wish I was the one who controlled words.

So its more like being an extrovert?

meanwhile IQ correlates with a shit ton of things and "emotional intelligence" is a handwavy term to make people feel good. so much for mattering more

Why is it that they say EQ is the most important?

EQ is pseudoscience, it's been disproven.

Someone post the list of modern "intelligences"

I accept others are more intelligent than me. I can make a decent breakfast but that doesn't mean I have a high "breakfast intelligence"

>this book doesn't agree with my dogma, I can safely dismiss it without even reading the back cover

Is physical intelligence even real?

Bunch of faggots itt writing their opinion about book they haven't even read. Yes OP it's helpfull and worth reading.

Asking questions about social and emotional skill on board full of aspies is like going to church in order to learn about evolution.

Thanks for being helpful. I posted it here to get some insightful comments. Because I don't want to hear typical normie opinion.

you just replied to a typical normie opinion budy.

There's this little phrase you might have heard. It states
>Don't judge a book by its cover.

>Inb4 "that phrase is a jewish conspiracy"

>Expecting insightful comments here
Get out. Seriously. Go outside for God's sake. Your perspective is clearly warped.

Judge a book by its cover: the thread

Yes it's definitely helpful. You don't even need to trust user's word for it, look at other people who recommend.
Warren Buffet, Drew Houstan from Dropbox, both said they highly recommend this book and that it changed them for the better. How? Both said that they had gained proficiency in their fields but realized that just having skills in your field isn't good enough.

"I realized that there’s a lot more to starting a business or to understanding how the world works beyond just the engineering. " - Drew Houstan

I've read EQ and other books similar to it. EQ is a great start to talking about how aware you are about your own emotions and how they relate to your actions. As Drew Houstans says, not every problem is sci related or eng related. We will run into situations in our careers and personal life where awareness to emotions will be the key facts of solving problems.

As for scientifically accurate, it is accurate for the most part. If you want something even more Veeky Forums read The feeling of what happens.

>Taking the words of the Jews at face value

Imma gonna hijack this thread.

Does it help in manipulating people?

Bump

Hit Veeky Forums up if you want books disserted.