Modern libraries are shit...

Modern libraries are shit. I just visited my local library and it's 90% children books and shit that doesn't even belong there (cooking, self help etc.).

I searched for half hour and could only see a handful of quality books, most of which are just classics that everyone's already read (Macbeth, the odyssey...)

And why the fuck would I waste my time looking through shelves when I can use Amazon and have something delivered to my house?

you know they have this system where you request books on the library's website, and they'll send it to your library from a "lending library". typically this makes many more novels available, even rarer ones. my mom used to do that until i bought her a kindle.

it may not be called "lending library" but i'm sure your librarian will know what the fuck i'm talking about.

I searched the index there was fuck all. A single Plato book in the entire region. But don't get me wrong I understand supply and demand, they're not gonna stock shit nobody reads, just don't tell me libraries are viable for serious readers.

you must live in a wasteland. buy shit on amazon. i dunno, guy.

Where is that?
Even my small town local library has so many books that it would take a lifetime to go through even just the philosophy section.

Best website for second hand books? Need obscure stuff and I don't want to pay a lot

>your city's public library is one of biggest in the world
>over 9 million volumes
>everything is being scanned and made freely available online

Feels pretty good desu,

>And why the fuck would I waste my time looking through shelves when I can use Amazon and have something delivered to my house?- 7 posts and 1 image reply shown.
If you're not looking for something particular, it's fun to browse. If your library isn't shit, that is.

abebooks or worldbooks (although these sellers are usually on amazon anyway)

I'd rather have no library than live in a place where one risks being raped, shot or imprisoned on a daily basis.

It's called interlibrary loans or ILL for short.

yahthassit

I'm not black and I don't live in a favela, so I'm not in risk of any of those things. Dumb americunt.

I live in the hood and our library is great. Niggas leave their niggatry at the door and we have some bretty good books. The manga section gets updated more than once a century too.

That's a big library

for chu

no offence but this is a pretty funny post

for you

Fair point.

>>over 9 million volumes
>large
we got a big guy over here

>free online
gibe links n shiet

I like Brazil, btw. Ronaldo is my favorite player of football. He started out with futsal n shit

Thats funny

Fucking white people.

I didn't say it is the biggest. It is the 7th biggest in the world, so it's pretty big.
Also, wikipedia says it has 53 million items, some of which are books. I thought the american congress' library was the biggest in the world with 40 million volumes. How many there are in the nypl?

There are two ronaldos and I don't know shit about either. I can look the link up but the small part that is not in portuguese is probably in french and latin. There may be very few in english.

t. white person

How do you live in the hood? I live in the neighborhood next to the hood and the blacks even ruin that. They just can't contain themselves.

You gotta hang out at libraries man, books are kryptonite to niggas. Also I'm only home long enough so I don't get robbed. I've got classes and church to go to.