What's the next technological revolution? What's going to change the world?

What's the next technological revolution? What's going to change the world?

You're scientists, you must know.

Genetically engineered super children and sentient AI

It's these:
Also prior to AI there will be automation of anywhere from 60-90% of all human labor. This will fundamentally break the current economic model, but it works fine if you have totalitarian shadow systems in place and you do "universal basic income" or some semblance of it. Impossible for an uprising to succeed because of overwhelming military and police power backed up by automation, drones, powersuits, you name it.

That is what is coming in the very near future. The technology exists now the powers that be are just working to finalize it and figure out how best to lead the sheep to it.

You don't need an evil shadow government for a universal basic income. You just need the general population to decide they don't want 60% of the population to starve to death on the streets because jobs literally don't exist

Self-aware dildos and fleshlights

We already have those, they're called whores

Robotics has always been the next big step in industrial technology. It isn't happening overnight, but more advanced robots capable of doing even more intricate jobs are quickly (relatively speaking, on the time scale of a human life is quick) outpacing and replacing us in the workforce. Automation in general is going to throw the world economy into chaos, so that'll be the thing that people call a "revolution" even though we saw it coming for years.

>you must know
i cant imagine being this autistic desu
i thank the gods every day

Things that increase intelligence in some way. Last revolution was about unlocking physical energy via industrialization. This revolution which is ongoing is about cognitive-like enhancement aka computer vision, AI, biotech to improve brain.

It's all about improving intelligence now because all other things descend from intelligence.

The biggest "Robotics" like improvement is automated driving though which hardly appears to most people as robotics. I mean we are so used to seeing cars its nothing new besides not seeing a human in the seat.

whereas weak as fuck shitty clunky servo robots that are 1/100th the agility of a 2 year old human scare us immediately.

But a 200 horsepower, 4000 lb car is meh harmless.

Robotic infants that scream when you fuck them.

Being able to rape children using cars

swarm AI

psionics that make people sense things. itll make space travel commercial

Is the AI / robot meme ever gonna end?

First we have to slow down and get clean energy sources before we can advance much further.

In the past two hundred years we have seen some of the most amazing discoveries that science has to offer but our progress was made with haste and at the behest of industrial demand.

If you think I'm wrong then look at the eventual fate of Marie Curie and apply that on a grand scale.

>women gettign smited for impiety
>lets do what women do and try not to upset anybody in our quest to uplift ourselves
progress has always been built in blood and carnage, industrialization is no different

>Giving up your own wealth to people who don't work for it
Found the commi- I mean liberal.

Streets with furnances under them that the city controls to boil away water when flooding occurs.

>blood and carnage

And sometimes it is dreams and taking acid like in the case of the structure of DNA.

DNA is a spook

Which comes first Veeky Forums
Quantum computers or AI?

We already have both of those things. If you mean specialized AI that can "think" but only in terms of a specific task, then very soon. If you mean human-like AI, as in Star Trek or Blade Runner, then very likely not in your lifetime; I'd say anywhere from 100 to 500 years from now. We're not even close to finding a way to create a sentient machine.

I assume you're asking when quantum computers will become commercially available. I'd guess some time within the next few decades. And when they do become available, I doubt it will be a huge step up from what we're used to. I think it'll be similar to the launch of a new video game console, or to the jump from SD to HD resolution.

That would be excellent to hack in the winter and cause massive flooding.

The invention of a polynomial time algorithm for descrete logarithms

though it will never be invented probably