QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
springer.com/us/book/9789400769663
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do I need to fuck boipussy to understand the Greeks?

>tfw your squat plug falls out

What did OP mean by this?

>OPs pic

what other boards do you guys go to?

Reddit

/pol/ and Veeky Forums

I mean, are there really people on Veeky Forums that really don't go on reddit ever?

We like to make fun of reddit and to be fair most of the main subs are shit but there are some legit good communities like Askhistorian and plenty of small niche subs.

How long should I keep do linear progression routines amd then move to intermediate

Some of us have autistic tribalism over websites you reddit using queer.

I once made an account to contact a guy with an underground movie and never went back, are you bait? I never liked Veeky Forums either. I despise Anglo-saxons in general and who appreciate them. English speaking countries are even more trash than poor countries. Not bait, It's sickening.

The only times I go there are to read stories or threads that very occasionally go viral, or if I'm stalking someone and it leads me there. Maybe less than once every two months.

>redditor trying to normalize his reddit use
fucking leave and never come back. you are the cancer killing Veeky Forums

I don't know where else you find quality RC sources or comprehensive darknet/bitcoin info.

The alt high end subs for books and movies are entertaining enough.

What are some dope nonfiction books that will really make me think?

If a democracy votes to not be a democracy anymore, are they still a democracy?

Veeky Forums
Never, I only use the internet for two chans.
Three Christs of Ypsilanti
Varieties of Religious Experience
History of Madness

All come highly recommended. Just don't become a full-blown Marxist after reading Foucault

who is the best horror writer, and what is HIS best work?

lovecraft
colour out of space, followed closely by rats in the walls

What's the comfiest philosophy? Is it Epicureanism?

Where do I start with post-modernism? The wiki's got suggestions but I'd prefer to start with a textbook or good description about what it actually is first

Is there any merit to self-publishing?

Never went on reddit. It's time to go back faggot

No. On account of them choosing not to be. That's evidently the last democratic vote that theyll ever have.

Writing on MDMA is amazing. It's unsustainable though

Kant's critques

You're already living amongst it my man

/co/, /tv/, /b/, /s4s/, /f/, /wsg/ anything that i can use in my work

Veeky Forums dot org

/mlp/ /s4s/ /soc/ /pol/

/gif/, /d/

There's a specific term I need to know which refers strictly to the motion of an animal/dog flapping their ears upwards in panic

Just /vr/ to check for Thief threads

/mu/ /tv/ Veeky Forums /sp/
I'm a consumer

Forgot to finish my post

Anybody remember it?

Veeky Forums, /pol/, Veeky Forums, /sp/

Athenians got bitch slapped by Spartans, though.
Spartans were even more into boipussy.

Could it be 'pricked ears [up]'

reminds me of this story i hear about a fish saying to another fish

what is water?

this is water

too manly for women desu

Still one of my favorites

/int/, /g/, /tv/, /mu/ for the most part.

I can just barely tolerate a bit of /g/, but /tv/ is too much. I mean they have some decent OC/memes once every two years, but as far as discussing shows and movies it's just pure plebbery. They know nothing outside of Hollywood and mainstream tv.

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums

Yeah I don't browse /tv/ for insightful discussion on film, although the people in /lbg/ at least seem to watch stuff that isn't Hollywood or Game of Thrones.

This is the only one I go to regularly. There are 5 or 6 other boards I visit mostly just for laughs, and Veeky Forums for math.
Have you read GEB?

This might deserve its own thread, but I don't really feel like attending to a thread right now so I'll just post here:
I'm reading Aristotle's Prior Analytics, and a lot of this ground (I'm through chapter 7) seems to be covered in an introductory logic or set theory course. So far I've been able to understand it just by thinking about venn diagrams that correspond to each. For example, if A is predicated on B and B is predicated on C, we arrive at A is predicated on C, which amounts to pic related.
My question: if I have a good background in formal logic, can I just skip the rest of Prior Analytics and move on to Posterior Analytics? George Boole pretty much incorporated Aristotelian syllogisms into his logic, so if I understand Boolean logic don't I understand Prior Analytics? Is there any reason for me to read this other than for its innate historical interest?

why are you stalking people?

Veeky Forums /an/ /adv/

/lbg/ has been cancer since the archiveposter and Emily Jean poster started fighting

Veeky Forums because I'm a filthy genre fiction reader/writer.
Veeky Forums because I love the historic implications of geopolitics and differing philosophies.
/wsg/ because I get bored sometimes.

>GEB
Thanks a ton, this is exactly the subject I was looking for.

Christopher Lasch-Culture of Narcissism and The Minimal Self
James Burnham-The Managerial Revolution

/k/, /pol/. rarely: /diy/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums, /co/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /out/, /pol/, /trv/, /tv/ and /x/

What are the deepest fiction books you've ever read? Like so profound they're more beneficial and you learn more than most nonfiction books?

/x/ , /diy/, /vp/ , and sometimes Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums and /k/ mostly.
/gif/ to jerk off.

How does one write if one has nothing to say?

doing MDMA more than 3ish times a year is extremely harmful/dangerous

pretty much taking it makes your brain release ALL the feelgood chemicals you have stored up, so it needs time to regenerate them. Also why you feel depressed the day after rolling. No more feelgood chemicals

Are there any modern horror writers worth checking out?

I've been listening to stuff on audio for the last couple months and I find that a good horror novel is really engaging for me while I listen.

I ask about modern horror writers because I've already gone through Lovecraft, Poe, a bunch of Stephen King stuff, and I just finished The Exorcist. I'm hoping there's somebody new who's doing something good in the genre.

Is it actually hard to get an agent/get published, or is it just that most "writers" are My Immortal tier? Genre fiction.

/pol/ (and its older brother), Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /a/.

I've tried various times, but you can't say anything that could be remotely controversial (so you pretty much can't post anything that isn't a headnod or "witty" "humor") or you get b& from subs by asspained retard mods. It's cancer and a giant hugbox. I love you assholes on 4chunz because you can take someone disagreeing with you without needing therapy and leading a downboat brigade. reddit is shit. You can't have any actual discussion on faggit.

Reddit is where dumb people go to act smart, Veeky Forums is where smart people go to act dumb.

If ever, then I hope they realized their mistake and return to the autistic fold

C and P

what is the literary version of a kino?

Moby Dick is the first one that comes to mind, although you could argue that it's largely autobiographical and encyclopedic

patrician

How hard is it to publish philosophical works as a varied major? I'm majoring in classics and linguistics but I would like to make some contributions to philosophy. Is it going to be difficult to attempt to publish a manuscript? Should I start with journals to dip my name in the water?

write airplane-tier self help to get your feet in the water. put some leftist diversity bullshit spin on it and you'll be featured in hundreds of university courses across the world.

Literally or just trying to make myself look bad?

you'd be doing that either way, just giving you advice on the most efficient way

Is reading the Bible essential to understanding western literature?

The Name of the Rose is used in intro to semiotics classes

Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /g/, /pol/, /r9k/

/pol/, /k/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums
With varying degrees of frequency.

Never.
Fuck off back to plebbit.

No book is essential.

/vp/, Veeky Forums and /sp/ mostly

Yes you fucking sub human, I'd rather suck off a pig than go to your shitty fucking site. Leave.

this

What philosopher should I read into after Kant?
Assuming I've already read almost everything relavant, chronologically up until Kant from the Greeks.

Veeky Forums is the only other board I visit frequently. To a lesser extent Veeky Forums, /x/, /pol/, and sometimes /k/ and Veeky Forums if I have questions.

Just the MDE subreddit of course

>Reddit is where dumb people go to act smart, Veeky Forums is where smart people go to act dumb.
One of the most reddit-tier things I've read on this site in a while.

anyone wanna give me their two cents on my Aristotle question?

I don't really know the answer to that question, but this might help.
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub

You really shouldn't date yourself like that user. People will make fun of you.

Thanks a lot.
This seems pretty impressive, I'm surprised I haven't come across it earlier.

No problem, think you could help me out with my Aristotle question above?

Looking for a recommendation for babby's intro to philosophy of mind

I know qualia, the ghost in machine, and the soul are all incorrect, but doesn't a conception of "consciousness" within philosophy of mind capture a similar idea? If not then what is the term for the feature of my existence that, from my perspective, sets me apart from the rest of humanity? This concept is my chief interest and would like a recommendation that includes an explanation/exploration of this topic.

>I know qualia, the ghost in machine, and the soul are all incorrect
Question that doesn't deserve its own thread: What did you read to arrive at these conclusions?

Theaetetus
Categories

Frege's On Sense and Reference
Kenny's Frege introduction

brain in the vat

any putnam reading

Stay the holy hell away from analytics at first. They will give you a bizarrely impoverished and ahistorical perspective, whose priorities/unreflective epistemological premises are a bizarre mixture of autism and hostility to traditions outside their own, disguised as "naturalism" and simple language philosophy. The worst analytics make up 95% of analytics, and they gird themselves in the (still usually kind of misguided) ideas of the other 5% and fuck everything up.

If you're reading shit like Dennett and Quine and stuff, you need to run for your life right now.

here's a fun sourcebook
springer.com/us/book/9789400769663

You probably want to know the history of what was taken for granted in consciousness:
>What did Plato think the knowing soul "was"? (complex question with possibly contradictory answers)
>How did Aristotelian philosophy see the nature of the human intellect/soul in relation to reality? Is the knowledge of the soul a receptivity to ontology that is "already there," or are Aristotelians dualists + conceptualists?
>How do early modern philosophers of mind appropriate the medieval tradition, and to what extent do they even have a philosophy of a res cogitans as a substance distinct from matter?
>How does Kant's critical idealism and how do its inheritors deal with the problem of dualism?
>How does the mechanistic and deterministic philosophy of the 19th century support mere emanationism?
>How do things like Renouvier and William James reassert the the "efficacy" of mind?
>etc.

The real answer is that no one has an answer. Mainstream science would probably cautiously say right now that consciousness is emergentist and materialist, but not emanationist. Philosophy doesn't say much on metaphysical matters like these currently.

If you're willing to dabble in idealism, freer metaphysics than modern science allows (which can allow for fudging the barrier between mind and matter in interesting ways, but all are fringe currently), and outright mysticism, there is a lot of room for interesting stuff. Personally I think going back to the pre-Hegelian idealists is a good starting point, but whatever.

Seriously, don't learn this shit from the analytics. Learn it historically and engage with different traditions. Analytic philosophy is like a litmus test for weak wills. All they'll do is bully you with non-answers until you go "well, I guess I'm SO wrong that I just can't see the non-answers as answers, so I'll forcibly commit myself to accepting them as answers. Then I can be a good analytic philosopher too." Disgusting tradition.

Thank you

You wouldn't have any similar advice on evolutionary psychology?

I heard qualia dismissed as outdated on an episode of Philosophy Bites and I heard the concept of the soul dismissed by Dennett for being inconsistent with neuroscience and someone else for being inconsistent with the law of conservation of energy.

>Reddit is where dumb people go to act smart, Veeky Forums is where smart people go to act dumb

I hope for your sake this this is some kind of meta-bait

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. what's it like to put so much time into a post that has so little substance?

How slow do you type? Not him, but that'd take me no more than two minutes

What are some very good books that are non fiction books?

/pol/, Veeky Forums and the occasional /a/ /v/ Veeky Forums /tv/

Brothers Karamazov
War and Peace

What are some books that deal with childhood memories and their seductiveness?