What's the most correct symbol to use for velocity when V and U are already used for other quantities?

What's the most correct symbol to use for velocity when V and U are already used for other quantities?

>pic unrelated

Literally anything you want. Just define it.

But is there a conventional one for thermodynamics? Our prof sometimes uses "vel" but that seems kind of dumb.

[math]|d\gamma(t)|[/math]

we just used [math] v [/math]. it didn't come up a lot (i think one of the only times was escape velocity of particles from the atmosphere) and the time average velocity (or something like that) looked pretty slick [math] \bar{v} [/math]

But we need [math]v[/math] for volume and [math]V[/math] for specific volume. And it's engineering thermodynamics so velocity appears frequently for flows.

Delta? I am voting for delta

nu

kek'd
my vote is on a greek letter, but i don't really know which ones are used for what.
σ is a lowercase non-final sigma, s for speed.
when i was in uni, i used whatever i wanted (which sometimes included cryllic), and nobody ever really cared.

Use a penis shape

When I took thermo a dot always signified flow of some sort (mass or volumetric etc.), a carrot indicated specific 'x' (volume, enthalpy, etc.) And velocity was always defined as a v with a vector above it

A picture of a bird
xD

S (for Sonic)

I can be whatever you want me to, baby
t. velocity

r^dot or dr/dt

v for Velocity, υ for speed. U for Potential Energy.

p/m

usually you use v,u,z,w for vectors so just go down the list.

if you have more than 4, you just start keeping track with a summation or product from i,j to n

but u can also mean initial velocity

call it 'νελοσιτγ' so you don't get confused

> nu makes the v sound
> into the trash it goes

Ταχύτητα

the letter of which velocity do you want to have and then small v. Like velocity of car: c_v

f because you want to know how many fast is it

r because velocity doesn't real

o because odometer teaches you car's fast

g because more g is more fast for airplane

Whatever you use for position with a dot on top.
Why waste your precious finite letters on terms that are derivatives?
Also why use x,y,z when you can use x1, x2, x3?

>νελοσιτγ
>nelositg