Reading Nietzsche's Ecce Homo

>reading Nietzsche's Ecce Homo
>he spends the entire book talking about how much of a genius he is and how he's a strong Übermensch
>tfw feel second hand embarrassment because I know that Nietzsche was a lonely mentally ill virgin loser
This guy had a bad case of the Dunning-Kruger effect

You do realise there is heavy-laced irony to all of that, don't you?

Wew lad

>In effect, Nietzsche was putting himself on trial with this work, and his sardonic judgments and chapter headings are mordant, mocking, self-deprecating, sly, and they turn this trial against his future accusers, distorters, and superficial judges

You got played

Ecce Homo is not really part of his philosophical works: it's a autobiography laced with certain considerations about his previous works, and how should they be put in a continuum.
Also, Nietzsche wasn't a modest man, but there is a great deal of satire in that book. That said, as far as I can remember it's a fairly (if not entirely) honest account of his life and works.

You shouldn't have started with that, though, in fact it's the last book od his you should read. Start with the Birth of Tragedy.

>lol he was just being le ironic guys XD
Nietzscheans will jump through hoops just to avoid admitting that Freddie was a pretentious retard with an inflated sense of self-worth.

I'd die happy if I read one time, just one time, a critique of Nietzsche in this board that doesn't includesthe sacred buzzwords "edgy", "mentally ill", and "virgin"

>loser
If one of the most influential philosophers of modern times is a loser, what that makes you?

>people will defend Joe Rogan while shitting on Nietzsche

I hate this homosexual planet

You are a complete idiot, and you do not deserve the merits of literature.

Enjoy being stuck in the mud you swine.

He was desperately lonely while writing most of his major books. He also went insane

Another meaningless ad hominem. I guess you learned it from Friedrich "everyone I don't like is a weak little pussy bitch" Nietzsche

You began the argument with an ad hominem

Your argument is meaningless because it is an Argument from Fallacy, Fallacy

>a pretentious retard with an inflated sense of self-worth
you should know

Where should I start with Nietzsche?

The Birth of Tragedy

Don't read Ecce Homo like that, view it as a supplement to his proper works

Untimely Meditations

beyond good and evil

Joe Rogan is a better person than Nietzsche was.

Joe Rogan:
>Wealthy and successful
>Gets paid to do what he loves
>Happy, fulfilled, has a satisfying social and sexual life

Nietzsche:
>Wrote some autistic shit that edgy teenagers lap up
>Neurotic and extremely unhappy
>Virgin whomst got syphilis from a whore and died alone

>knows about Rogan's social and sexual life

Sure is creepy in here.

Yes, I follow Joe Rogan around and take notes on the people he talks to and has sex with. I write this all down in a moleskin notebook. I do this so I can shitpost with confidence, secure in my knowledge that Joe Rogan has got more pussy than supposed 'ubermensch' Nietzsche ever did.

tfw 99% of the people commenting on nietzsche threads haven't read him and they try to shit on him because of being virgin, edgy, alone etc...baka

He wasn't even edgy, he literally advocated for the opposite

>Joe Rogan
>a normie, but he is rich, so he is good

>Nietzsche
>one of the most influential philosophers of the last 200 years
>he was somewhat lonely (he still had some great friends and 50-60 readers that venerated him) and became demented cause of a genetic illness

This is ideology at its finest. The best thing you can say about Rogan is that he is rich, yet you refuse to aknowledge how valuable his achievements actually are (answer: they're not valuable, if anything he contributed to the general dumbing down of society that is currently going on).
People like you disgust me.

I guess he truly was a Homo

i'm the opposite, i heap praise onto him even though i haven't read him

Your error is that you presume Nietzche was ever confident in his own conclusions. He felt power through his methodology and philosophical process. His writings represent a struggle with him trying to overcome his own issues.

>calls himself the ubermensch
>dies from genetic illness
top kek what a NEET loser

terrible bait

>everything I don't like is bait

>genetic illness
*visiting a diseased prostitute in the delirium of his incel lifestyle

>Dunning-Kruger effect
I'm tired of this meme; there's nothing in an intelligent person which makes them blind to the failures and stupidities of others.

>genetic illness
It was Syphilis, you faggot

Maybe user was giving you the benefit of the doubt rather than just outright calling you a retard. Guess user should have done the latter.

It has been comfirmed that it wasn't syphilis.
The first diagnosis (wich was speculated by contemporary historians) was due to a syphilis epidemics wich was ravaging continental Europe.

Why the fuck am I responding to trolls? When will I learn?