What writers do you think had/have the highest IQs? hardmode: no philosophers/Pynchon

What writers do you think had/have the highest IQs? hardmode: no philosophers/Pynchon

dante, borges, bely, joyce, and melville.

David Foster Wallace.

Robert Burton, David Foster Wallace unironically, Goethe

I have nothing to say besides that this photo made me laugh heaps- thanks

This mothetfucker had a big ol brain

Joyce, easily

Nabokov, Joyce, Goethe (writers I like)

Joyce, Nabokov, Capote, Proust, Robbe-Grillet were high iq outliers.

What's this?

Who really cares?

Why is DFW such a popular choice here? Anyone could write the way he does. Wikipedia articles + regional colloquialisms.
His pop math book is also an embarrassment.

not the guy who posted it, but this is the contents of Tim Ferriss's book Tools of Titans, it's a really good book I recommend it, great podcast too. He's like Joe Rogan minus the dude weed lmao, and 10x the intelligence

Cernovich

this, quirky encyclopedic writing is just the mark of a frantic mess trying ridiculously hard to appear smart.
also, where the fuck is shakespeare?

John Green

>anyone could write the way he does
yeah well he actually did instead of just talk about it on Veeky Forums and now he's one of the most famous authors of the last 100 years, so go fuck yourself you colossal fucking faggot. why dont you do it?

Miguel de Cervantes

no contest: dawkins or sam harris

Yikes, mate. Yikes.

calm down dave, we think you're smart okay, just take a deep breath

Harper Lee

Scratch up between Joyce and Melville

me

>dude chill i was only joking
fucking retards, is that what you say when you get fucked in the ass for spewing dumb shit

Pound, Joyce, McElroy

What part of that makes you think I was only joking? DFW doesn't belong anywhere in this discussion.

>Pound

lel found the pseud

Wallace Stevens, T.S. Eliot, Joseph McElroy and James Joyce.

Nabokov seems like a good choice.

Joyce was probably the most talented writer ever but he was a actually a brainlet compared to most of the others posted here

This. Can't hold a candle to big dave. Wallace even wrote a book on mathematics. Probably the last great polymath.

I heard that his writings on mathematics are riddled with errors.

Someone as smart as Wallace didn't make errors, other people just didn't understand his work yet. He literally had an IQ beyond measure.

Milton, Beckett, Gaddis and Austen

Borges, Vonnegut, and David Foster Wallace