How do you deal with brainlets, Veeky Forums?

How do you deal with brainlets, Veeky Forums?
A friend of mine has finished a bachelor's degree in game design. He's trying to sell a program, but he's stuck - his design includes a state-machine, which depends on certain vectors in a game environment. He is not really aware of the difference between a vector and an array, or the existence of a cross product. It's just too painful to watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-universal_Teichmüller_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Tfw someone near me has low social IQ and can't get friends or a gf

brainelts

Why do people correlate trivia memorization with intellect?

>bachelor's degree in game design

what a meme

why not?

The idea is that if you're smart,you can memorise things quickly and easily.
Some people think that being good at something means that you're smart at it.
Usually it means that that person just has more knowledge or experience.
This creates a link between knowledge and intellect.

You can memorize an entire book and recite passages backwards, yet have no idea how to apply the information to solve a problem outside examples described in it.

The difference between a priest reciting bible verses during sermons or engaging with his flock in a discourse.

learning vs understanding
I can learn something without understanding it

But can you understand something if u don't learn it?

>if you're smart,you can memorise things quickly and easily
many smart people have terrible memory, and can get along because they can deduce the facts they need from a deep understanding on the underlying intuition

learning requires much less memory than you'd think

>He is not really aware of the difference between a vector and an array.
There is a bijection between arrays and finite vectors, so what is the difference?

The idea that I wrote of was one that I believed many people had, not one that I personally subscribe to myself.

It's almost like most people have average intelligence or something.

Unfortunately, 95% of all science exams are just on memory so...

you are
1) under 18
2) taking a fake "science" degree for idiots
pick one or both and fuck off

Hey OP, seriously, what is the difference between arrays and vectors? huh? I'm curious. Tell me you fag.

vectors are nx1 dimension arrays while arrays can have any dimensions.

Knowing that doesn't say anything about how smart or stupid a person is. There is nothing you need to think about / figure out to have that distinction in your memory. It sounds like you just want to brag about how you know trivia someone else doesn't yet.

Wrong.
A matrix is a vector too.
Matrices are n x m dimensional so they are equivalent to arrays.
If you don't know why matrices are vectors then you need to review the definition of a vector field.

Knowledge is power bro.
Intelligence != knowledge but the power that intelligence grants you scales with knowledge.
With some caveats, of course.

No, I am doing a postgrad in Chemistry. It's all memory shit. Guess why people hate premeds? Because they memorize without learning. They get the grades but they dont care for the course itself

this

magnitude x direction
direction = n x 1 array
so then vector = n x 1 array

I am not OP btw, that guy just seemed to have forgotten that google has all the answers.

>magnitude x direction
jesus christ, please fuck off

that's not the correct way to explain your opinion buddy boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
(I'm making this an obvious troll post to spare you the pain of dealing with me)

nope
check this out
let x be a vector in the vector space of n x m dimensional matrices
This vector space has a direction, however this direction is in n*m dimensions, so it is a bit hard to visualize for higher dimensions. Luckily we can use a special case.. let's use 2 x 2 matrices.
We have a zero [math] \begin{bmatrix} 0 & 0 \\ 0 & 0 \end{bmatrix} [/math]
We have directions (a base for n x m) and they look like this:
[math] \begin{bmatrix} 1 & 0 \\ 0 & 0 \end{bmatrix}[/math], [math] \begin{bmatrix} 0 & 1 \\ 0 & 0 \end{bmatrix}[/math], [math] \begin{bmatrix} 0 & 0 \\ 1 & 0 \end{bmatrix}[/math], [math] \begin{bmatrix} 0 & 0 \\ 0 & 1 \end{bmatrix}[/math].

We can also define a magnitude for these vectors. I don't really want to do it because it needs to have certain properties which I don't remember. But it can be done.

I hadn't really thought about this before.
Thing is, vectors have two definitions, one mathematical and one physical.
Apparently they share a deeper connection, maybe they are equivalent..?

>op hasn't even studied IUTT
>calling others brainlets
fuck you you fucking redditors

What is IUTT?

fuck off newfag redditor scum

Because I don't magically understand an acronym I'm a redditor?
:) I hope you find happiness.

He's just Mochizuki-shitposting
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-universal_Teichmüller_theory

because you don't know what IUTT is you're a redditor, yes. have you even done your first proof on the Barnett integrable functions yet you fucking loser?

because you don't understand THAT acronym, you retarded fucking newfag.
>>>/reddit/

We get that you're here to annoy people but if you spend all your time trying to hurt people's feelings on the internet, you need to get laid.

No I haven't, I'm studying linear algebra which is what's relevant in this thread.
If you want to feel superior to me then if it makes you feel better then please do.

Thanks m8

wow you seem really upset you fucking pussy. why don't you go study instead of trying to make yourself feel better by proving your intellectual prowess to a group of cucks on an anonymous homosexual meet up forum.

by becoming one

you know, when you come to a new place, act weird, and people tell you to cut it, reacting with "hurr get laid" will get you nowhere.

don't even go back to plebbit, just off yourself already

jesus christ you can't be any more of a newfag if you tried

>anonymous homosexual meet up forum
Like the one you're on now?
protip: you're using to many swear words and insults as a crutch to look angry.

>Like the one you're on now?
that's exactly what he's implying you retarded imbecile. fuck off

oh really? did you just figure out this is all a ruse? does that make you feel better about yourself you brainlet faggot?

Oh spaghetti, looks like the trolling tables have reversed.
Never forgetti this moment.

Oh yeah OP, to deal with brainlets:
Pretend that the work isn't difficult so that you won't hurt their feelings.
Tell yourself that it's how the world works, some people just aren't as smart as you.
Try to teach them to research answers on their own before coming to you.

>I'm "studying" linear algrebra
>look at me I am teh ebin master trol X-D

never forgetti

Treat them like shit when they get uppity, then ignore them. If they get violent, kill them off. This is the only appropriate way of dealing with anyone with an IQ below about 120.

Don't deal with them. They wouldn't want to spend their time with literal monkeys, why should you?

Honestly 120s are still too slow. 135+ is when I start to feel like I'm talking to an actual human being.

No. 120s is a good cut off. Anything less than that is too unrealistic an expectation from humans. Anything more is mostly smooth sailing for maintaining civilization.

you help them

No.

It's my guess that intelligence correlates highly with memory, both working and non-working memory.
Any evidence for it or against it?

No.

>Implying chem and bio don't involve a fuckton of memorization.