Does anybody here know some basic Javascript? I just started learning and it's not going well at all

Does anybody here know some basic Javascript? I just started learning and it's not going well at all.

['0', 'O', ')', '8', '-', 'a', '-', ')', '2', ')', '1', '-']

How do you identify and print the letter and numbers in that array for example?

trivial:
for i=1 to length(array)
if array[i] = '0' or if array[i]='1' or if array[i]='2' or ... if array[i]='9' or array[i]='a' or... array[i]='z'
print array[i]

yeah this shit isn't for me, I have no idea what you just typed.
Is your answer advanced coding?
i've been learning for/while/if/else (code academy)and I have no idea how I would apply that to any of those

>Is your answer advanced coding?
yes

So basicly you have to type out all of the letters and numbers? I tought coding was about being
efficient.

Retarded way to do it
Just check if its range falls into the ASCII range for numbers and letters, dumbass

kek

>I tought coding was about being
>efficient.
No it's just about getting the job done.

webdevers really are the most retarded programmers

I think you're jealous this cunts learn all this shit online and make good money

It's been a while, but I'll give it a shot.

var letterString = "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog";
var letters = letterString.split('');

function printAlphanumbericals(arr){
for(var i=0;i

>Being jealous of an associates degree that doesn't even require calculus or college algebra
They simply do not know enough to be as good of a programmer as the cs/ee students.

Holy shit your guys are retarded

Show us what you got then pretty boy

Wouldn't it be better to check if each array element exists inside a string of [a-Z and 0-9] and then print it if true?

How do you make connect4 in C, only using stdio.h and arrays?

Trick question. You can't make anything in C using only arrays.

We're waiting.

for (var s of ['0', 'O', ')', '8', '-', 'a', '-', ')', '2', ')', '1', '-'])
if (s.match(/^[\w\d]$/))
console.log(s)

Then how do you make connect4 in C?

This user has it.
Works great, to bad it looks like nothing I've been studying for the last two weeks.

>taking more time to make your code tiny, unreadable, and unreusable instead of just getting shit done

>Trick question. You can't make anything in C using only arrays.

This reveals that you understand nothing about C. When you use malloc to allocate memory, what you get is actually a pointer to an array of bytes. Therefore, you can make whatever you want in C using only arrays.

Sage, because code monkeying is not Veeky Forumsence.

>Actually write code like this from scratch because not autistic

/g/entooman here. If you truly are a Veeky Forums man, forget about JavaScript. You should give a look on Haskell. You won't have to crack your head to think about control flow.

This is an easy application of Array.filter.

let k = ['0', 'O', ')', '8', '-', 'a', '-', ')', '2', ')', '1', '-']

k.filter(val => val.match(/[\d\w]/))
// ["0", "O", "8", "a", "2", "1"]

Quick tip: Google things you don't know.
First, check for a method and read the documentation, and if that's no good, check stack overflow. (though desu, you should've been able to figure this out on your own)

IT IS A JOKE U FUKIN PLEBS

never even seen the "match command", is it possible to do this by just using loops, cycles and like an empty variable?

>Javascript

Why does c++ look so uniform and java looks so different from developer to developer?

>Javascript

>using java as slang for javascript

js is a shit joke language for retarded memers

JavaScript is fucking retarded. So are Java and all other dumb-ass languages.

Python FTW.

Matlab masterrace

you dont deserve to use a computer

Get out

Any language that is not a LISP derivative, Python or Haskell is shit-tier and needs to be abolished