Why is MatLab so fucking cancerous to learn and use?

Why is MatLab so fucking cancerous to learn and use?

It's not, you're just shit.

It's not, you're just retarded.

t. eniggeers

t. brainlet

Maybe you could describe all of its shortcomings, and then suggest what you would prefer. Oh, and how much you would pay for a software that meets your needs.

Matlab is fucking easy.

it's a pretty easy to use high level language, what's so difficult?

Depends on what exact Math courses you're using it for. Has been very easy and probably quicker for me to complete than actual, written homework.

matlab is really simple. its just c with a bit of weird syntax. there is no complex parts to it. you are just too dumb to understand

>c with a bit of weird syntax
absolutely fucking not.
nothing about matlab is in any way even remotely similar to c

Because it's not the only language that's perfect for anything and everything

As a software its very powerful there's open source alternatives but nothing is close when it comes to power sorta like AutoCAD its just the standard

It's allegedly good for condensed matter physics, but I wouldn't call it real physics... It's more like computer science.

MatLab is cancer
>shitty for data analysis
>shitty for object oriented programming
>shitty for plotting and figures
>impossible to manage computer resources
>not open source
>shitty code aesthetic and clarity

mfw still waiting for an argument why someone would consider using it over pretty much every other programming languages

saved. thanks friend

simulink, and the ode solvers are more convenient to use in my experience than other high level data analysis-oriented languages. also the documentation is alright.

I finished my MATLAB for engineers course without even going to lecture once.
This programming language is so simple and user friendly that the class should be pass/fail, and anyone who fails it should stop trying to be an engineer.
Honestly nothing pisses me off more than some brainlet wannabe complain about MATLAB

Get out of here with your programming paradigm snake oil, CS untermensch.

it's a data-analysis-driven language where everything is optimized around matrix manipulation. why the fuck do you need a good OO interface?

>yeah I hate matlab too!
>*proceeds to use python with a million libraries that does the exact same thing as MATLAB, just worse *

using matlab for numerical analysis is pretty sweet.

MATLAB is a bloated piece of shit, only used by engineers who are too stupid to learn R, Julia, or Python.

>engineer
>calling others untermensch
Don’t you have a formula sheet to work on?

Its a clunky, slow, pos program. Barely a step above using Excel. Anyone doing anything actually useful will use C++, Python, R, Java, ...even js.

>let me just quickly parallelize thi...
>let me just quickly create an executab...
>let me just quickly make this run faste...
>let me just use a library that's up-to-da...

this triggers the /g/tard