Extremely interested in organic chemistry

>extremely interested in organic chemistry
>too brainlet to qualify for a PhD program

Fluorine is green not blue. Also someone did exactly this at my uni. They "accidentally" flooded the whole building with fluorine gas.

>> too brainlet for PhD
Do some undergrad research then. As long as you show that you are interested in the work you have a pretty good shot.

>too brainlet to qualify for a PhD program
no such thing. Absolute idiots can earn doctoral degrees. It's just a matter of determination.

>this
im getting my phd in ochem at a big 10 uni, and there some dumb motherfuckers, they can regurgitate shit for tests, but fuck up with any abstract questions on quals

>PhD
>tests
This is not how real PhD programs work, user.

If you're program does have exams as part of the PhD candidate process I have bad news for you.

Fucking phone fingers. Doesn't have. Doesn't have exams.

Amusing. I have bad news for you if it does.

Substitute brainpower with hard work. Finesse is efficient but brute force can get the job done too.

PhD in Organic and polymer chemistry

Do some undergrad research it will do wonders. I remember being in organic chemistry thinking it must take some serious wizardry to select solvents or reagents for those reactions you learn. It's not magic and it actually makes a lot of sense and it's quite simple to learn. Organic chemistry as an area of study is super fucking deep from pharma to materials to polymers to solar to fundamentals to electrochemistry and optical applications. Really rich field.

What online university are you in?

That said, some absolute dumb fucks can get through it. Hell I knew a guy that was a fucking creationist and never had pure compounds but still made his polymers riddled with data errors and graduated because he selected a committee too disconnected from his field and busy to thorough check his shit all while he brown nosed his way out of there. He was a messy piece of shit too.

Can you give me some interesting questions on organic chem reactions?

Like problems?

Yeah, I find toying around with reaction mechanism fun.

Not sure where else to ask, but what's the process like for applying into a phD program?

Also, this is prolly a really stupid question, but is it important whether your undergrad was completed with/without honours?

so you finish your thesis, turn it in, and they just give you a phd at your uni? ayyyyyy lmao youre retarded

Read my correction asshat.

t. University of Phoenix PhD

Not a problem but look into the mechanism of Suzuki and Stille Couplings. It's not traditional electron pushing but pay attention to the role and orbitals of the reagents involved.

It's pretty easy Imo. I just wrote one general essay and changed the professor names and university. The only hard part is paying for the gay ass application fees. I did however make boot of the opening dates for application and applied on that date then called the departments graduate coordinator I applied to to make sure they got my materials after submission. I got into every school i applied to by doing that and was usually the first applicant.

Oops. As for honors are you talking actual honors thesis or the laudes?
I never did an honors thesis but did two years of undergrad research

>tfw program had mandatory tests, but I got a waiver to focus on publications

Yeah some departments will just let you do as you please if you are either really good or work for a great professor

The bottle has fluoride, not fluorine. Presumably in aqueous solution.

>fluorine is green
Fluorine is yellow. It's also not a liquid at any reasonable conditions

What correction unless you are also
which means you replied to yourself.
Either way at any uni other than Veeky Forums U youre going to have to defend your work infront of a committee re exam

Try baking instead, it's almost the same thing except you don''t need to know the science behind everything to get an end product you desire.

See
and If you can't follow the flow of post response, go back to eddit.

Of course, at all universities worth their salt have you take cumulative/literature exams and then the candidacy oral exam to either weed out the retards or let some retards squeeze through the cracks.

Does the university where you pursue an undergrad really matter? My uni doesn't offer an honors degree program in chemistry.

Not really. Hell during my gradschool visitations met a ton of people , probably a majority in each visiting class that were from Podunk buttfuck U

>Podunk buttfuck U
where is this located?

In BF, E

>Be touring Georgia tech after acception
>Be from big ACC school
>Where you from anons and anonnetes
>Troy
>Southern Alabama
>Layola
>Kennesaw State
>West Florida
>UNLV

how's ITT Tech treating you?

your absolute inability to read three consecutive posts while simultaneously insulting him for correctly interpreting said posts is incredible

Chemistry is just destillation and mixing ingredients. Do it yourself. Read igredient lists and mix some stuff, but be careful while breathing. To make a brainlet more intelligent you have to use fruits such as apples they are making you awake, and himberrys are not just delicious they are good for your brain. And drink my invention the powerfull schokopresso the ingredients are two or three spoons of espresso in a coffe filter then 0,3 l of water to make a concentrated espresso and then mix up cacao with milk in it, just like that it´s finished and tastes good. But be careful if you have problems with your heart. Your memorization becomes better after drinking the forceful schokopresso. Maybe you cannot sleep after that, but for me that is not the case.

Look up Fukuyama group problem sets. There're like hundred of them. they range from kind of to very difficult, but papers regarding every reaction are included. It's fun.

what are my chances of getting into a phd program after having been working as an HPLC monkey for the past year and a half? I did "undergrad 'research' " for about a semester and I can maybe get a recommendation letter from my old prof, and maybe one from my current boss, although he and everyone else I work with know absolutely fuck all about chemistry. Most applications seem to require a minimum of 3 LoRs and a whole bunch of other shit I don't have, like publications, and my GPA was not stellar, either. I still browse through recent literature and I have somewhat of an idea what I'd want to get into but I don't feel "I pirate peer reviewed journals and read some of them" is something I can put on an application. I will probably just kill myself if I have to keep preparing 30 samples a day for an autosampler for another year. I don't know how I even made it this far.

What are my chances of being accepted into graduate school for materials science if my undergrad major is geophysics, i'm pretty much self studying a subsection (and writing down personal notes) everyday from x-ray diffraction to crystallography & dislocations.

stop posting anime shit and you'll do fine

>Europoors

>fluorine is yellow
Fluorine is red

I need your help in choosing what and where to study. I am very good in chemistry and physics, and want to work eventually with something to do with transhumanism/life extension. So what should I do?